I Know 2016-01-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

I Know 2016-01-06

Post by AmriloJim »

Link
By Jove, I think she's got it!
Jabberwonky

Re: I Know 2016-01-06

Post by Jabberwonky »

Nadette's smile in the last panel!
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jabberwonky wrote:Nadette's smile in the last panel!
THIS!!! Heeeeeeee!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Yesterday, Berdine reminded me of Bud at her finest craziest.

Today, i see Jin in Nadette's smile.

Are the GGG's mentoring our cute bear girls?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I sympathise with Atsali's concern on this one.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Yesterday, Berdine reminded me of Bud at her finest craziest.

Today, i see Jin in Nadette's smile.

Are the GGG's mentoring our cute bear girls?
Jin is Atsali's mentor. Maybe she's rubbing off on Atsali's friends too.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Nadette obviously doesn't care what other people think . . . Atsali . . . well both of them, actually, need to learn how to either deceive snoopers about things that aren't any of their business or convince them that any kind of interference or harassment about things that are none of the snoopers' business is unduly hazardous.

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

FreeFlier wrote:Nadette obviously doesn't care what other people think . . . Atsali . . . well both of them, actually, need to learn how to either deceive snoopers about things that aren't any of their business or convince them that any kind of interference or harassment about things that are none of the snoopers' business is unduly hazardous.

--FreeFlier
There's always the option of giving the snoopers and bullies and whatevers no reward for their efforts... As in, don't react at all.

It never really worked for me, it just made everything worse... The bullies and gossipmongrels (not a typo) and everyone else just tried harder and harder and harder.

I honestly don't see why the adults always swore by that strategy. Making the worst bully realize I was more dangerous than he was got everyone to leave me the hell alone right quick.
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Atsali is slowly learning that to quote L. Long, freedom starts when you tell Mrs Grundy to go fly a kite.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:Nadette obviously doesn't care what other people think . . . Atsali . . . well both of them, actually, need to learn how to either deceive snoopers about things that aren't any of their business or convince them that any kind of interference or harassment about things that are none of the snoopers' business is unduly hazardous.

--FreeFlier
Give Devyn their names.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Somebody is an exhibitionist.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

GlytchMeister wrote:
There's always the option of giving the snoopers and bullies and whatevers no reward for their efforts... As in, don't react at all.

It never really worked for me, it just made everything worse... The bullies and gossipmongrels (not a typo) and everyone else just tried harder and harder and harder.

I honestly don't see why the adults always swore by that strategy. Making the worst bully realize I was more dangerous than he was got everyone to leave me the hell alone right quick.
I have had the non-reaction work . . . it requires absolute non-reaction, and even then works best against the casual fishing-for-a-reaction bullying.

For the targeted bullying, intimidation works better.

It took some people a while to realize that bad things frequently happened to people who were giving me grief . . . and having a fight with one of the toughest guys in school end in a draw with him reluctant to take me on again helped too.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Give Devyn their names.
That would come under unduly hazardous.

Went over the first Nether episode again the other day . . . I really hadn't realized the significance of Tara escaping with minimum trauma because of her compassion, while Jordan went through the ringer . . .

--FreeFlier
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

FreeFlier wrote:Went over the first Nether episode again the other day . . . I really hadn't realized the significance of Tara escaping with minimum trauma because of her compassion, while Jordan went through the ringer . . .
As Cricket informed Atsali: be compassionate. Apparently the Nether sort of reflects things back at you, in an embodiment of Matthew and Luke's "Golden Rule".

Except for when Atsali visits the place, whereupon she seems to just break the system.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Catawampus wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Went over the first Nether episode again the other day . . . I really hadn't realized the significance of Tara escaping with minimum trauma because of her compassion, while Jordan went through the ringer . . .
As Cricket informed Atsali: be compassionate. Apparently the Nether sort of reflects things back at you, in an embodiment of Matthew and Luke's "Golden Rule".

Except for when Atsali visits the place, whereupon she seems to just break the system.
So, it's a case of the Rule Golden?

Ha! let's see someone top that obscure sci-fi reference.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Ha! let's see someone top that obscure sci-fi reference.
Oh, man... This reminds me of an episode of Deadliest Catch where one of the deckhands shouts "Is that all you got?" at the Bering Sea.
A massive wave promptly crashes into and over the ship, sending everyone sliding all over the deck.
I'm too much!