Right of Way 2012-10-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
stjen

Right of Way 2012-10-24

Post by stjen »

Those sort of look like Bud and Brandi but are not. And what are they seeing?
Opus the Poet

Re: Right of Way 2012-10-24

Post by Opus the Poet »

Aren't they the vamps Pablo posted a few weeks back?

And it looks like they are Monica "fans" that weren't expecting to actually see her on the street.
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I think they see Monica's astral self.

When I first saw the one who resembles Brandi, I thought it might be one of Euryale's sisters.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yay, it's the Vamp Gals! :D
Last edited by shadowinthelight on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Wapsi wrote:You've seen them before. =) http://wapsisquare.com/projects/pablowa ... als-color/

Nailed it!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

davids4250 wrote:I think they see Monica's astral self.
Definitely seeing Monica astral self, and they look terrified.

The question is do they run, surrender, or prostrate themselves.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
BikerScum

Post by BikerScum »

Aha! There they are! :-)
DJ.

Post by DJ. »

Wapsi wrote:You've seen them before. =) http://wapsisquare.com/projects/pablowa ... als-color/
I'm glad you cleared that up because I was beginning to think Monica has somehow astral traveled through different dimensions and this was some sort of alternative universe Bud and Brandi and that was all starting to make my brain hurt.
Rock-slide. Everyone dies!
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

Let's see Monica is geting her _morning_ coffee. That's morning as in dayLIGHT. And we see two vampires. You know the kind that usually need SPF 10000 sunscreen to be out in dayLIGHT. I hope that we are enLIGHTen soon. As I'm feeling a bit LIGHTheaded trying to figure things out.
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

stjen wrote:Those sort of look like Bud and Brandi but are not. And what are they seeing?
To me I immediately thought of Phix and Brandi. Those glasses way down on her nose is Phix' trademark.
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

nerf-dweller wrote:Let's see Monica is geting her _morning_ coffee. That's morning as in dayLIGHT. And we see two vampires. You know the kind that usually need SPF 10000 sunscreen to be out in dayLIGHT. I hope that we are enLIGHTen soon. As I'm feeling a bit LIGHTheaded trying to figure things out.
I doubt it is the sunscreen. I do believe we are looking at the twisted reveal of 'myth vs reality' that Paul is so very good at giving us.

Also, the Pun Jar is looking very intently at you. :P
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Huh. They do bear a striking resemblance to our golem girls now that we see them in black&white, non pin-up form (intentional or no).

And perhaps my area's more an oddity, but standing about chatting on the sidewalk is a pretty common thing across age groups around here. Especially in a more downtown, old-city, or commercial area.
Mark N wrote:I do believe we are looking at the twisted reveal of 'myth vs reality' that Paul is so very good at giving us.
That, and it seems like noone writes Vampires as "allergic to sunlight" creatures anymore, regardless of genre or medium. The days of the nightwalkers in fiction may indeed be a thing of the past, only revived in the occasional tale for rustic value.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

sonicthunder wrote: That, and it seems like noone writes Vampires as "allergic to sunlight" creatures anymore, regardless of genre or medium. The days of the nightwalkers in fiction may indeed be a thing of the past, only revived in the occasional tale for rustic value.
Ol' Bram didn't either. The first time the count was seen in Brittan was on a busy street in broad daylight (or as broad as it gets on that side of the pond).
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Mark N wrote:
nerf-dweller wrote:Let's see Monica is geting her _morning_ coffee. That's morning as in dayLIGHT. And we see two vampires. You know the kind that usually need SPF 10000 sunscreen to be out in dayLIGHT. I hope that we are enLIGHTen soon. As I'm feeling a bit LIGHTheaded trying to figure things out.
I doubt it is the sunscreen. I do believe we are looking at the twisted reveal of 'myth vs reality' that Paul is so very good at giving us.

Also, the Pun Jar is looking very intently at you. :P
Indeed... I think the pun jar would like to lighten nerf's load... :P

Drops a musical note into the pun jar. It was a Re. A drop of golden sun...
Prof Sai

Post by Prof Sai »

Perhaps it is that Monica appears to only come up to their waists? Is she 3 foot tall now?
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

And then the other one says; "It's a pair of walking boobs?!!"
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Aaannnd here. We. GO!!
Prof Sai wrote:Perhaps it is that Monica appears to only come up to their waists? Is she 3 foot tall now?
Notice that we can't see Mon's feet; if she were directly beside them, she'd probably be only a head shorter than they are.
sonicthunder wrote:...it seems like noone writes Vampires as "allergic to sunlight" creatures anymore, regardless of genre or medium. The days of the nightwalkers in fiction may indeed be a thing of the past, only revived in the occasional tale for rustic value.
This makes me sad, but I can't quite pinpoint why. :(
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Who cares if vampires can walk in the light? It's the sparkly ones that need to die a horribly painful death. VAMPIRES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SPARKLE!!!
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Take a close look at the two vamps positions...Dreddy on the left, Glasses on the right...in panel three, Glasses is on the left and Dreddy is on the right...they are reacting to something coming from the opposite side of Monica...Van Helsing with a stake in each hand has just popped around the corner...
also, the highlights in the second panel show much more light coming from the building behind them than the ambient light on the street...they may be in the shade of the rising sun...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous