With a costume change...

Just a little nook for SteamPunk folks to talk shop, costuming/cosplay, media, and rub elbows.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Re: With a costume change...

Post by Jabberwonky »

I'm tempted to order Das Boys collection because 'Hyu never knows...'

:lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

*saves the shopping bookmarky goodness for later* :D

You Jagers are just plain silly. Awesome, yes...but silly as well. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

GlytchMeister wrote:OMG.

What would happen if a big-time spark drank the Jagerdraught?
It's 50/50 it'd kill him/her.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:

What I'M curious about is what would happen if the Spark survived, and retained their sparkiness, after drinking the Jagerdraught...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Me? I just blog about it, Jabber.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

jwhouk wrote:It's 50/50 it'd kill him/her.
Whoa. Mere 20/20 nearly killed me a couple of times. :shock:

Redecorated the bathroom in a distressing color, too. :roll:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

GlytchMeister wrote:
jwhouk wrote:

What I'M curious about is what would happen if the Spark survived, and retained their sparkiness, after drinking the Jagerdraught...
you'd probably be thinking about changing your name to "Heterodyne"... seeing as that's pretty much what happened to the original one, though since he was the original... he didn't need to change his name......
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

scantrontb wrote:you'd probably be thinking about changing your name to "Heterodyne"... seeing as that's pretty much what happened to the original one, though since he was the original... he didn't need to change his name......
Well... Mr. Ancient Heterodyne just drank the waters of the Dyne river. When Agatha did that, she cranked her sparkiness up to eleven. The Jagerdraught is different... Right?
It seems to amplify the more animalistic and primal aspects of humans... Bigger, sharper, more predatory teeth... denser, more powerful muscle mass, altered bone structure that gradually becomes more pronounced and more... Animalistic... As the Jäger ages (ooh, thank you autocorrect!)...
I can't tell if it is also detrimental to things like intelligence and such, aaas it's entirely possible only irresponsible non-sparks wod even consider drinking the jägerdraught.
Hmm...
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
scantrontb wrote:you'd probably be thinking about changing your name to "Heterodyne"... seeing as that's pretty much what happened to the original one, though since he was the original... he didn't need to change his name......
Well... Mr. Ancient Heterodyne just drank the waters of the Dyne river. When Agatha did that, she cranked her sparkiness up to eleven. The Jagerdraught is different... Right?
It seems to amplify the more animalistic and primal aspects of humans... Bigger, sharper, more predatory teeth... denser, more powerful muscle mass, altered bone structure that gradually becomes more pronounced and more... Animalistic... As the Jäger ages (ooh, thank you autocorrect!)...
I can't tell if it is also detrimental to things like intelligence and such, aaas it's entirely possible only irresponsible non-sparks wod even consider drinking the jägerdraught.
Hmm...
Don't let them fool you for a minute. The Jagers are scary smart. They play stupid because they're bored.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hmm... If that's the case, then it would seem the Jägerdraught simply amplifies everything about the person... They become more of themselves.
Self-actualization distiller and bottled for your convenience?

So if a spark drinks the Jägerdraught, they would become that much sparkier!

I can't decide if this is something that needs to happen or something that must never be allowed to happen.

0.o
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:Hmm... If that's the case, then it would seem the Jägerdraught simply amplifies everything about the person... They become more of themselves.
Self-actualization distiller and bottled for your convenience?

So if a spark drinks the Jägerdraught, they would become that much sparkier!

I can't decide if this is something that needs to happen or something that must never be allowed to happen.

0.o
Except that just the act of breaking through nearly kills a spark. Agatha was repressed by the locket, so hers sort of breezed through. Gil had the Baron to keep him in check. Being the child of two insanely powerful sparks...one just insane(and later planted in her own daughters consciousness)...Agatha is probably one of the few who would be able to handle it...there are rumors that Klaus, Gil, and Higgs have all partaken of it in some form or another...just waiting for confirmation from on high...

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Maybe some kind of diluted titration of Jägerdraught, or perhaps a very slow, prolonged exposure (kinda like how one builds up an immunity to snake venom)?
Perhaps that creates a more subtle Jäger.
I mean, Gil wasn't doomed by the Doom Bell. He even got an odd look from Mama Gikka or whatever her name is.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:Maybe some kind of diluted titration of Jägerdraught, or perhaps a very slow, prolonged exposure (kinda like how one builds up an immunity to snake venom)?
I mean, Gil wasn't doomed by the Doom Bell. He even got an odd look from Mama Gikka or whatever her name is.
Vich makes vun vunder about Maxim, as he ken do sottil verra well. He gots ze verra nize hat from ze old man.

--Safyr Drathmir
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

DinkyInky wrote:Don't let them fool you for a minute. The Jagers are scary smart. They play stupid because they're bored.
The Jäger generals are smart. The jägers that set out to find the Heterodyne are smart. The others? I'm not so sure... Stupid? I wouldn't say so. But carefree enough to not care to think too much. They make me think of grownup children, to be honest. Life-loving, battle-hardened, self-centered, dangerous grownup children... Even the generals can be such, when the occasion arises. Remember the first time they met Agatha? And how they had to usher her out of the room, so they could fight? :lol:
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Maybe some kind of diluted titration of Jägerdraught, or perhaps a very slow, prolonged exposure (kinda like how one builds up an immunity to snake venom)?
Vich makes vun vunder about Maxim, as he ken do sottil verra well. He gots ze verra nize hat from ze old man.
He's also one of the more attractively drawn and stylish Jägers... He doesn't appear to have had his animalistic nature amplified very much.
Maybe there's a spectrum... Normal Jäger, Maxim, Higgs, Klaus and Gil, Normal Human?

Perhaps there was some sort of experiment happening that was trying to find the best balance between Jäger and Human, producing Maxim and Higgs, then Klaus heard of it and tried it on himself and was then more careful or perfected it with his son. Note Gil's lack of scars - he wasn't Humpty-Dumptied back together again.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
He's also one of the more attractively drawn and stylish Jägers... He doesn't appear to have had his animalistic nature amplified very much.
Maybe there's a spectrum... Normal Jäger, Maxim, Higgs, Klaus and Gil, Normal Human?

Perhaps there was some sort of experiment happening that was trying to find the best balance between Jäger and Human, producing Maxim and Higgs, then Klaus heard of it and tried it on himself and was then more careful or perfected it with his son. Note Gil's lack of scars - he wasn't Humpty-Dumptied back together again.
Maxim was created to satisfy the Professora's love of bishounen characterisations.

--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Heh... den hyu vinds hupp mitt zombuddy like ME... heh...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:I'm tempted to order Das Boys collection because 'Hyu never knows...'

They smell sooooo gooood! Some days I put #3 into my locket for fun.
Sgt. Howard wrote:

There's been speculation that Gil and the Baron have done such...Gil because his father is insane and prolly snuck it into his sippy cup, and well, the Baron I have just mentioned is insane.

--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Didn't Gil get Battledrought after he saved Mechanicsburg that is pretty much based on Jaggerdrought?

Ov course, he's von schmott guy. Wit der nize hat wot sez so, even. Mebbe he can handle it.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:I'm tempted to order Das Boys collection because 'Hyu never knows...'

They smell sooooo gooood! Some days I put #3 into my locket for fun.
Sgt. Howard wrote:

There's been speculation that Gil and the Baron have done such...Gil because his father is insane and prolly snuck it into his sippy cup, and well, the Baron I have just mentioned is insane.
Hyu sayz dot like itza BAD ting...
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.