Upgraded To Swizzle Stick 2015-11-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Upgraded To Swizzle Stick 2015-11-05

Post by Dave »

Ah, the joy of family dynamics and sibling relationships!

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/upgraded-to-swizzle-stick/
Cheesy1

Re: Upgraded To Swizzle Stick 2015-11-05

Post by Cheesy1 »

Yep, I'm still in love with Euryale and her sweet Southern Belle-ness! <3
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Better than a downgrade to cob up the ass.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

So, what's the next step up from swizzle stick?
Last edited by Gyrrakavian on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Swizzle stick... LOL

Well, if it's not an instantaneous upgrade, at some point she's a swizzle-stick-in-the-mud...

Its good to see Euryale sober... the last time we saw her at the island she was totally snockered. As opposed to Connie who was utterly shitfaced.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I think it is endlessly cute how Paul draws just the top of Pickle's head in some panels... :D
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I am willing to bet with sufficient alcoholic lubrication either or both of the aunts could stir up a lot of things. If they just didnt have snakes, shudder
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
illiad

Post by illiad »

DilyV wrote:Swizzle stick... LOL

Well, if it's not an instantaneous upgrade, at some point she's a swizzle-stick-in-the-mud...

Its good to see Euryale sober... the last time we saw her at the island she was totally snockered. As opposed to Connie who was utterly shitfaced.
Well, they have only *just* arrived.... :P
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:

Well, they have only *just* arrived.... :P
We just need to know how many martinis it takes to make the upgrade...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
eee

Post by eee »

Euryale's hair seems oddly concerned by Pickle. Blackthorne hybrids may be somewhat scary to snakes. Or her vines may make them professionally jealous.

Just a reminder: None of the Gorgon sisters were pushovers, according to Greek mythology, but Stheno was the one you especially didn't want to cross. Medusa and Euryale could turn you into a statue; Stheno could and happily would turn you into a corpse. That 'forceful' aspect of her personality seems to have carried over into the Wapsi Square version...
Raventhorne

Post by Raventhorne »

i cant help but wonder how many she needs to upgrade to pixie stick
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Oh, I'm going to like seeing Euryales other sisters. I can't wait to see what Pablo does with them.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:We just need to know how many martinis it takes to make the upgrade...
Based on what's in the news recently, it takes 10 to upgrade.

The thing is, you have to agree that once you've drunk those 10 upgrade martinis, the bartender gets to come into your house and take pictures of you, and rummage through your desk and read your diary. He can do this whenever he wants, just as long as he feels it's necessary.

Oh, and in a few months, you may be forced to drink those 10 upgrade martinis whether you want to or not. The bartender is already "upgrading" peoples' single martins to doubles or triples without telling them, hoping to get 'em drunk. He says that's in peoples' best interest. Some people are deciding they'd rather throw away their martini glasses and stop drinking martinis entirely.

To make matters worse, if you try to buy a new glass, you may find that the stores are only selling martini glasses that can't hold anything but martinis! The glasses have a lid that won't open if you try to put water or beer in them (even if it's free beer). You'll either have to use old glasses and mugs to hold your beer, or you'll have to learn to make your own drinking vessels.

Fortunately there are lots of places to learn pottery and wood-turning.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Raventhorne wrote:

i cant help but wonder how many she needs to upgrade to pixie stick
Pickle might have that one covered....
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:We just need to know how many martinis it takes to make the upgrade...

The thing is, you have to agree that once you've drunk those 10 upgrade martinis, the bartender gets to come into your house and take pictures of you, and rummage through your desk and read your diary. He can do this whenever he wants, just as long as he feels it's necessary.

Oh, and in a few months, you may be forced to drink those 10 upgrade martinis whether you want to or not. The bartender is already "upgrading" peoples' single martins to doubles or triples without telling them, hoping to get 'em drunk. He says that's in peoples' best interest. Some people are deciding they'd rather throw away their martini glasses and stop drinking martinis entirely.

To make matters worse, if you try to buy a new glass, you may find that the stores are only selling martini glasses that can't hold anything but martinis! The glasses have a lid that won't open if you try to put water or beer in them (even if it's free beer). You'll either have to use old glasses and mugs to hold your beer, or you'll have to learn to make your own drinking vessels.

OBAMABOOZE!!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, OK, it looks like it's fallen to me then...

"Hey Baby, I got 'cher Swizzle Stick right ch'ere..."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:OK, OK, it looks like it's fallen to me then...

"Hey Baby, I got 'cher Swizzle Stick right ch'ere..."
She's gonna swizzle yer stick?!?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:
Booooooooo....
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Dave wrote:

OBAMABOOZE!!!!
I believe that the reference was to a private concern.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:OBAMABOOZE!!!!
I believe that the reference was to a private concern.
Correct... I was alluding to a certain set of policies, being pushed by a certain high-tech company engaged in classic capitalistic commerce.