Set Your Clock Back 2015-11-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Set Your Clock Back 2015-11-04

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/set-your-clock-back/

You know your lady well, Nadette.
TheCollector

Re: Set Your Clock Back 2015-11-04

Post by TheCollector »

See! And people say Nadette possibly doesn't really know anything about Atsali. lol
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It looks like Paul's servers didn't set their clocks back yet.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Cheesy1 wrote:You know your lady well, Nadette.
Nerds are often quite predictable (as my wife can attest).
Opus the Poet wrote:It looks like Paul's servers didn't set their clocks back yet.
I've never seen this server change the "Daylight Savings Time is in effect in user X's time zone" preference automatically, when DST starts or ends, I always have to do it manually.

I suspect the server may run its own internal clock on UTC.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea its extremely possible i have been there and done that. Wife lets me play with the clocks each time and i sometimes forget to set all of them
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Hmmmm.
No speed lines.
Or in Atsali's case, wobble lines.

I doubt a 21st century Teen would make this error.
Smartphone.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Opus the Poet wrote:It looks like Paul's servers didn't set their clocks back yet.
If you're referring to the timestamps here, that's because the phpBB software does not automatically follow DST changes... in fact, I still need to turn the DST flag off on my board.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jayessell wrote:Hmmmm.
No speed lines.
Or in Atsali's case, wobble lines.
Check the background.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Well done Nadette. :) Well done. I'm actually kind of surprised that Kat didn't say something to her kids or change the clocks herself. She's always seemed so very on top of things as a mom.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

One must wonder how Atsali got up, rummaged around getting ready and got out of the house thinking she was late without Kath and Pickle knowing. When I'm running late its a constant stream of explatives... I'd think she'd have woken someone up... at least to make sure that pickle wasn't late. Does pickle's school day start later for her grade?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

You'll notice- NADETTE is out there an hour early, anticipating Atsali's mishap- so she could get in some extra snogging time, one might assume...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:One must wonder how Atsali got up, rummaged around getting ready and got out of the house thinking she was late without Kath and Pickle knowing. When I'm running late its a constant stream of expletives...
We've seen Atsali react negatively to other people using harsh language. I'd guess that indulging in a "cussing streak" simply isn't her style. We know her middle name isn't "Sydney"! :)

She may have just looked at the clock, gasped, thrown on clothes, grabbed her books and dashed out of the house towards school without saying anything... maybe even without seeing anyone. She and Pickle may be on different school schedules... not unlikely given their age difference.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Atsali would be expected to be managing her own 'get to school on time' schedule by now, at Castela's age Mom is still involved with Logistics- It could be that Katerine and the Tumbleweed might not even see Atsali on any given weekday morning...

That said, how is it that nobody got the Alice in Wonderland reference. ('Sali might need a big o' Pocket Watch I suppose...)
sheik

Post by sheik »

I'm in favor of just putting everybody on GMT and letting people set their own schedules.
Since they do it anyway, at least the chaos of changing time zones and jerking clocks back and forth twice a year would be eliminated.
It'll never happen though. There are just too many meddlers to contend with.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:That said, how is it that nobody got the Alice in Wonderland reference. ('Sali might need a big o' Pocket Watch I suppose...)
And a waistcoat. She's not wearing a waistcoat.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Y'know, a mild display of affection, like a hug, takes on a whole new significance when you remember that the hugger is actually butt naked!
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

DilyV wrote:One must wonder how Atsali got up, rummaged around getting ready and got out of the house thinking she was late without Kath and Pickle knowing. When I'm running late its a constant stream of explatives... I'd think she'd have woken someone up... at least to make sure that pickle wasn't late. Does pickle's school day start later for her grade?
She's a teen. Kat probably thought Sali could/would do it herself. She can't do everything for the girl.

Though I imagine this could also be a lesson on paying attention to things.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

It's a good thing Atsali has one of those super bras. As I understand it, running like that would hurt like hell otherwise.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

I realised I have no critical clocks that require manual intervention, any more. All the important ones update automatically, whether from the 'net or radio time sync signals. The cooker and microwave are entirely offline, but I only look at those for the minutes – over breakfast, going out of the door – not for the hour.

The rituals of making the physical change to all the clocks and watches about the house are gone, all that is left is the inconvenience of time being WRONG for a few days…
illiad

Post by illiad »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
DilyV wrote:One must wonder how Atsali got up, rummaged around getting ready and got out of the house thinking she was late without Kath and Pickle knowing. When I'm running late its a constant stream of explatives... I'd think she'd have woken someone up... at least to make sure that pickle wasn't late. Does pickle's school day start later for her grade?
She's a teen. Kat probably thought Sali could/would do it herself. She can't do everything for the girl.

Though I imagine this could also be a lesson on paying attention to things.
Yep, Kat just thought she was 'being early' ...

Even better one I heard, was a whole 'rushing i am late' scenario, getting angry at other for 'being so lazy/ carefree'.... :p

and then shouting at them 'why are you taunting me?'....

and the young one saying 'dont you know?? it Saturday!!!' :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"whaaaattt!!! Auuughhhh!! :o :( :oops: :(