A Warning 2012-10-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: A Warning 2012-10-19

Post by illiad »

I would not take 'anywhere' to not have limitations... its a normal thing that people say... :) even *some* companies that have more ego than ability!!!

and, how do you punish someone effectively, if they are immortal??? they are still limited by their 'weakness of character' , so 'acute embarrassment' is plenty good enough for now... and changing into their 'animal' will only make it more difficult for their reputation, social status, etc... I am not sure what sanctions the MIB can do about it..
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

@ ^ bud and brandi started the MIB so no doubts they'd pull out all the stops even for something stupid like going full animal in a shopping mall.

other than that though that's gotta be pretty embarrassing, being a man i can't decide if in the same situation i would squirm myself to death or throw caution to the wind, get a fig leaf and start posing! i'm thinking statue of david, i don't think i could pull off the abs unless i somehow managed a twist...
Amethyst Shadow

Post by Amethyst Shadow »

Jay-Em wrote:Now thát is funny! Luckily Bud can poit too, so all that remains will be an urban legend about Nicollet Mall concerning "two naked Mall-Rat ghost-girls, two souls, forever lost in a palace of over-consumption" from this day on.
Though, given Monica's power and the fact that she supposedly controls the golems, let's hope she actually lets Budd poit out ;)

Or not depending on whether we are graced with more images of the lovely Acacia's form ;)
"There is no true equity of power. There is only more and less."
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Wow. I like! Pablo uncovered Bud's other asset that matches her great legs!
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Is it bad that I like Bud's figure better than Monica's or Shelly's? I have been partial to ladies with well-defined rear ends and lesser-endowed chests. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Is this technically the most nudity we've ever seen in this strip? Just askin'. :)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

TlalocW wrote:Is this technically the most nudity we've ever seen in this strip? Just askin'. :)
Depends. If you mean, largest number of nude characters ... yes.

If you mean largest acreage of flesh ... no. Shelly in the Time Forest, i think, for that.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:I doubt Monica's going to break off relations with Bud or Shelly over this, but she may refuse to see them for the next few weeks.
Wouldn't be surprising. After any life-shaking incident or revelation, it usually takes people a few days or weeks of quiet time ("sleeping on it") for the real impact and implications to sink in and be processed. We take a while to really come to terms with sudden change... and Monica's world has just abruptly changed in a huge way. She took a couple of weeks to process what happened with Phix in the Library, and this latter will probably turn out to be at least as disturbing (although in almost exactly the opposite direction).

I'm not sure which would be more difficult to resolve on the emotional level... "Sh*t, I nearly died there!" or "Sh*t, I can't die at all!"
I've got to say I'm relieved Monica kept her vengeance so mild.
Yes, she was quite merciful.

A very slight difference in aim and distance, and she could have dropped the two of them into the fountains at Peavy Plaza. Not only would they have been naked, and in public view... they would have been soaking wet, and subject to snippy remarks by a supercilious glaistig 8-)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

With the recent links out to Pigborn comic, in various threads, I got curious and checked it out... and ran into these two gems of dialog, which would probably fit Monica's mood at present:
Pigborn[/url] [url=http://www.gocomics.com/pibgorn/2002/09/17]Comic wrote: Drusilla (Dru, a succubus): You smote me!
Pigborn (Pib, a fairy): I may be powerless without my wings... but if I have to go down, I'm going down swinging!
Dru: Have you lost your mind? Do you realize what I'm liable to do to you?
Pib: You already killed me once...
Pib: This time, I'll just get a little more enjoyment out of it.
Pigborn[/url] [url=http://www.gocomics.com/pibgorn/2002/12/23]Comic wrote: Dru: Anyway, those Billy Goats need to be avenged... ...Some of my best friends are goats.
Pib: Rubbish!
Dru: Are you saying I don't know any goats?
Pib: I'm saying you don't have any friends.
Dru: I have lots of friends.
Pib: Oh please.
Pib: You ensnare, you seduce, you enslave. But you don't make friends.
Dru: But aren't we friends?
Pib: Speaking as someone you only recently murdered, I'd have to say I look upon the possibility of a friendship between us as iffy.
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

badabooom! Bud is curvylicious....Shelly's butt is tiny cute :D
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Opus the Poet wrote:Is it bad that I like Bud's figure better than Monica's or Shelly's? I have been partial to ladies with well-defined rear ends and lesser-endowed chests. :ugeek:
Not bad at all. Miss Acacia has a balanced figure. It is all equally good. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Turns out Monica was just trying to POIT them away. The wardrobe mishap is just a little more extreme than usual.

EDIT: Now all Bud needs to do is instantly POIT herself away and ditch Shelly. After all, this isn't Bud's first public nudity offense.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

okay is it me or monica eyes messed up its totally black like she channeling something or that she seething mad on how they treated her up to now, i guess the warning is dont screw with me or i will do something more dangerous to you then just leave you naked in a public mall.. just imagine if they wasn't her friends,,
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:okay is it me or monica eyes messed up its totally black like she channeling something or that she seething mad on how they treated her up to now, i guess the warning is dont screw with me or i will do something more dangerous to you then just leave you naked in a public mall.. just imagine if they wasn't her friends,,
Shelly did say to Monica "You won't let you be hurt by anything" here. Maybe this means that she has a protective demon now. Maybe Doubt has gotten a promotion to Protect and the black eyes is a manifestation of that.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

And, in passing, we add Nicollet Mall (about 7th St S, looking southwest) to the 'real places in Wapsi Square' list.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
DoctorOverlord

Post by DoctorOverlord »

TheSkulker wrote:Wow. I like! Pablo uncovered Bud's other asset that matches her great legs!
Agreed! I thought Shelly was supposed to have the hottest bootie, but that was before Bud showed up.

No idea why Bud hasn't realized it, but then she's so insecure. Still Brandi might have mentioned it to her lol
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

lake_wrangler, FYI -- PiBgorn, not pigborn.

And, now I've another huge archive to troll!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Atomic wrote:lake_wrangler, FYI -- PiBgorn, not pigborn.

And, now I've another huge archive to troll!
Actually, not as much as you think.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Is it bad that I like Bud's figure better than Monica's or Shelly's? I have been partial to ladies with well-defined rear ends and lesser-endowed chests. :ugeek:
so wait, let me get this straight, you like big butts and you cannot lie?
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:okay is it me or monica eyes messed up its totally black like she channeling something or that she seething mad on how they treated her up to now, i guess the warning is dont screw with me or i will do something more dangerous to you then just leave you naked in a public mall.. just imagine if they wasn't her friends,,
I think so. Also, the color of the text in the balloon changed; that (for Tina) means another spirit is speaking other that the one(s) in charge.

As I said earlier, I think this is Jaguar Girl, now fully awakened and aware, seeing out of Monica's eyes (and turning them black when pissed).
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville