Kim-chi Cancer Cure

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: Kim-chi Cancer Cure

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Vanilla doesn't necessarily mean boring...
;)
I suppose not, thought I do go tend to go through whetstones a bit more than average as a result...
...yup, that one went over my head. :roll: I heard the faint whistling sound.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:]I suppose not, thought I do go tend to go through whetstones a bit more than average as a result...
...yup, that one went over my head. :roll: I heard the faint whistling sound.
just a whistling sound?... mine was going "Bleep... Bleep... Bleep..." from out in ORBIT!
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Its not hard, I think its

'even just being vanilla requires keeping the blades sharp'.

Its an interesting metaphor. (simile?, ...

http://www.grammarly.com/blog/2015/what ... -metaphor/
or better yet
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/educat ... nd-similes

so, metaphor then.)

Back to Kim-Chi; I've always thought it to be a singular note, hot and sour pickled vegetable side garnish, similar in mechanics perhaps to wasabi or Louisiana Hot Sauce/Tabasco in terms of something to add self-flagellation to the otherwise useless performance of ingesting nutrition.

Not having investigated any further on my own, I shouldn't be surprised to find out there are many, many differing versions. Thats what I get, I suppose, for closing it off as a 'known' thing, vs something to explore for the ones/kinds I might actually seek out.

As it stood- it was on the table & I'd nibble at it, and ponder 'why would people do this to themselves, on purpose?'
Up till now, I must have been missing out on the good stuff.

(Yeah, while I'm not a full fledge card carrying snob, I do have snob like tendencies. You should see me internally rating the quality of, say Wasabi for example, at a Sushi restaurant. It's something I enjoy, in moderation, but find it hard to abide the cheap, course versions.)

Harumph, now I feel like I've been cheated...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:Its not hard, I think its

'even just being vanilla requires keeping the blades sharp'.

Its an interesting metaphor. (simile?, ...

http://www.grammarly.com/blog/2015/what ... -metaphor/
or better yet
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/educat ... nd-similes

so, metaphor then.)

Back to Kim-Chi; I've always thought it to be a singular note, hot and sour pickled vegetable side garnish, similar in mechanics perhaps to wasabi or Louisiana Hot Sauce/Tabasco in terms of something to add self-flagellation to the otherwise useless performance of ingesting nutrition.

Not having investigated any further on my own, I shouldn't be surprised to find out there are many, many differing versions. Thats what I get, I suppose, for closing it off as a 'known' thing, vs something to explore for the ones/kinds I might actually seek out.

As it stood- it was on the table & I'd nibble at it, and ponder 'why would people do this to themselves, on purpose?'
Up till now, I must have been missing out on the good stuff.

(Yeah, while I'm not a full fledge card carrying snob, I do have snob like tendencies. You should see me internally rating the quality of, say Wasabi for example, at a Sushi restaurant. It's something I enjoy, in moderation, but find it hard to abide the cheap, course versions.)

Harumph, now I feel like I've been cheated...
Wasabi is only served in a very few places, usually in the $100 a plate range...I've only found two places in over two decades of Holidays.
It loses it's flavour after about ten to twenty minutes. Horseradish, mustard, and green dye are used to mimic the properties of it. Usually you will find this labeled as wasabi.
It's a water plant, growing near the rivers. The leaves and stem are used, so it's not a rhizome like horseradish. It's difficult to cultivate, hence the frequent replacement.
If you've ever had real wasabi, you will never forget it, nor mistake it for horseradish.

Kimchi can be a side dish, garnish, or main dish, depending on what purpose you need of it. The soup is usually made from Winter kimchi, so as to not waste it, as it reaches the end of it's serviceable life. Kalbi, or other prepared meats, or fishes and a few in season vegetables can be used to turn it into a hearty meal. My Mother often rinsed the cucumber kimchi of it's peppery liquid and used it in salads for a kick.
Fresh shredded radish kimchi, or rough chopped Winter kimchi is also used in mandu, or in Bindaetteok(Korean mung bean pancakes-which BTW, are gluten free).
Bindaetteok is another interesting dish, as the pancakes can be a meal in itself. Meats, kimchi, various fillers are used to make a lovely, filling meal in a convenient size.
Growing up both Korean and Polish, I learned not just about cultures, but about the history of the foods I ate. This is not often done anymore, which is sad.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir