Tina, Tina, boBinna

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Re: Tina, Tina, boBinna

Post by jwhouk »

Or if it went Kerbalie, it'd be "Cleanup on the Mun!"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Just so long as whatever mess we make doesn't get on that freshly-painted wall of Tina's shop, as it was a lot of work for her to paint it.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Hmmm, Tina Distillate.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

TazManiac wrote:Hmmm, Tina Distillate.
Demonstrably strong enough to raise the dead!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Absolutely no reason whatsoever not to luv da goil....

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/keeping-warm/ , (and the next few subsiquint strips...)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I was missing Tina-ski today and I found myself buying some whole bean 'Petes' Sumatra coffee... I

was having a moment in the check-out line as I squoze the bag and sniffed the one-way valve...
Baronessa

Post by Baronessa »

Tina is definitely one of my favorite characters (though these new hair changes are not my cup of tea). She's just such an interesting character with so much still that we can learn about her. She's fascinating to me. If I were in the Wapsi universe, I'd definitely sit down and have a chit-chat and ask all about her.
As to whether or not she's alive, I'll let other people answer that scientifically - me, I always assumed that the demons sort of kept her body alive or in a 'stasis' sort of state. Still has blood flowing, still has to breathe to get oxygen in her body, so she's technically alive? But then again, it's also a universe where just about anything is possible.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.
It's not.

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Baronessa wrote:Tina is definitely one of my favorite characters (though these new hair changes are not my cup of tea). She's just such an interesting character with so much still that we can learn about her. She's fascinating to me. If I were in the Wapsi universe, I'd definitely sit down and have a chit-chat and ask all about her.
As to whether or not she's alive, I'll let other people answer that scientifically - me, I always assumed that the demons sort of kept her body alive or in a 'stasis' sort of state. Still has blood flowing, still has to breathe to get oxygen in her body, so she's technically alive? But then again, it's also a universe where just about anything is possible.
In my fanfics, I have been trying to conjure up a suitable fellow to catch her fancy... yet I find myself mentally playing the overbearing 'Daddy' with a loaded shotgun. I cannot seem to create a guy worthy of her... odd...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

[Redacted comment- "Um, that would be Me, Sarge..."]

I understand how you feel...
Baronessa

Post by Baronessa »

Sgt. Howard wrote:In my fanfics, I have been trying to conjure up a suitable fellow to catch her fancy... yet I find myself mentally playing the overbearing 'Daddy' with a loaded shotgun. I cannot seem to create a guy worthy of her... odd...
Honestly, I think she'd do well with someone who is a little bit crazy. Not insane, mind you - just someone who is energetic, very open with feelings and what he thinks, rather blunt (but not in the foot-in-mouth sort of way). Someone who could see the crazy mess that she is and recognize it, and then salute it with his or her own.
Then again - I like Tina by herself. She's just such an open and interesting character, one who needs more recognition and acceptance than she realizes, that to pair her away with someone would really just seem to diminish who she is, I think. She's a good stand-alone character. I mean, sure, it'd be sweet for her to be swept up and away by some dashing fellow (or gal, it doesn't really matter), but does she really need it? Naw. She's good as she is. I think before she even goes near the concept of a relationship she should be more accepting of herself - she needs to own it a bit more. All those demons together just foster such a feel of uncertainty and awkwardness that they don't recognize how awesome they are.
You've gotta accept yourself and all your faults, and be able to laugh at them and with them, before you can be in a relationship, I think. But I'm just a youngling with an over-idealized image of love. :D
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.
It's not.

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The one thing I've noticed about how Paul handles Tina's character is, I don't think he really knows where to go with her character, either.

I think the conglomerate is afraid of engaging in any sort of relationship with a "normal" person, because of the whole "Who'd want to wake up next to THIS every morning?" thing.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:The one thing I've noticed about how Paul handles Tina's character is, I don't think he really knows where to go with her character, either.

I think the conglomerate is afraid of engaging in any sort of relationship with a "normal" person, because of the whole "Who'd want to wake up next to THIS every morning?" thing.
I don't think I'd mind. I know at least one person who wouldn't... *coughTAZcough*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Baronessa wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:In my fanfics, I have been trying to conjure up a suitable fellow to catch her fancy... yet I find myself mentally playing the overbearing 'Daddy' with a loaded shotgun. I cannot seem to create a guy worthy of her... odd...
Honestly, I think she'd do well with someone who is a little bit crazy. Not insane, mind you - just someone who is energetic, very open with feelings and what he thinks, rather blunt (but not in the foot-in-mouth sort of way). Someone who could see the crazy mess that she is and recognize it, and then salute it with his or her own.
Then again - I like Tina by herself. She's just such an open and interesting character, one who needs more recognition and acceptance than she realizes, that to pair her away with someone would really just seem to diminish who she is, I think. She's a good stand-alone character. I mean, sure, it'd be sweet for her to be swept up and away by some dashing fellow (or gal, it doesn't really matter), but does she really need it? Naw. She's good as she is. I think before she even goes near the concept of a relationship she should be more accepting of herself - she needs to own it a bit more. All those demons together just foster such a feel of uncertainty and awkwardness that they don't recognize how awesome they are.
You've gotta accept yourself and all your faults, and be able to laugh at them and with them, before you can be in a relationship, I think. But I'm just a youngling with an over-idealized image of love. :D
I turn 61 this month. My darling Miss Annie is considerably my junior. We behave like love-struck teens most of the time. Our boys have, for the most part, accepted this. I have a niece who is totally embarrassed when Annie and I kiss.
My point is this- my understanding of love hasn't changed from my freshman year of high school. I consider it quite valid. DO NOT forfeit your 'over-idealized' image of love for ANY reason- you will find what you seek if you are patient enough and do not give up hope- but to paraphrase your own words-, If YOU ain't right with YOU, you CAN'T be right with ANYONE ELSE! Pure Appalachian wisdom. Do not give up your childhood because of something stupid like age.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:
jwhouk wrote:The one thing I've noticed about how Paul handles Tina's character is, I don't think he really knows where to go with her character, either.

I don't think I'd mind. I know at least one person who wouldn't... *coughTAZcough*
"... Taz and Tina sittin' inna tree...."
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/silver-belle/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/in-layers/

Here we have two examples of Tina trying to figure out her way around sex- in 'Silver Belle', you are nor sure what she is nervous about... is she worried she WON'T get kissed, or worried she WILL? I suspect the former, as simply moving away from the mistletoe will eliminate the threat of the latter.
With 'In Layers' she asks (or... one of the covey asks) 'Can we haz badonkadonk?'... I am fairly certain I do not need to translate.
In short- at least ONE of her elements would like to do the 'tubesteak boogie' with a willing partner. The rest are not so vocal about it... so far...and thus we are deprived of their opinions.
THUS: I believe, with the right circumstances and the right fellow, she would be inclined to at least explore the situation- in 'in layers' we learn that she is 36 years old AT THAT TIME- and this issue has not seen resolution that WE are aware of.
That would make a fascinating tale
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Don't look at me, Sarge. I'm no good with writing romance.
(I've tried, it sucked)
Not least because I don't really have any experience in the matter. I can't write what I don't know.
Somebody else will have to tackle this one.
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

you could at least finish the grade school rhyme I'm tweeking Taz with... just the next verse...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:you could at least finish the grade school rhyme I'm tweeking Taz with... just the next verse...
That rhyme has verses?
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Oh geeeez, what have I started? TMI bites me in the butt,( wait that was Shelly talking of biting, wasn't it? [Or was it Bud, maybe Jin?])

I'ze confu-zed...

edit-
Sgt. Howard wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/silver-belle/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/in-layers/

Here we have two examples of Tina trying to figure out her way around sex- in 'Silver Belle', you are nor sure what she is nervous about... is she worried she WON'T get kissed, or worried she WILL? I suspect the former, as simply moving away from the mistletoe will eliminate the threat of the latter.
With 'In Layers' she asks (or... one of the covey asks) 'Can we haz badonkadonk?'... I am fairly certain I do not need to translate.
In short- at least ONE of her elements would like to do the 'tubesteak boogie' with a willing partner. The rest are not so vocal about it... so far...and thus we are deprived of their opinions.
THUS: I believe, with the right circumstances and the right fellow, she would be inclined to at least explore the situation- in 'in layers' we learn that she is 36 years old AT THAT TIME- and this issue has not seen resolution that WE are aware of.
That would make a fascinating tale

I was thinking about that, and I was thinking what Baronessa wrote, and in purple, too.

Sarge btw, I'm thinking the 'Can We Haz Badonkadonk' quote isn't referencing a Verb (as in Action), it's talking to her curvy behind.
Badonkadonk is literally a shapely, if not large, boot-tay.

There's an aspect of this I've been pondering too; Tina has lots of observations, even advice, if not just insights to give everybody, but who does she truly 'let her hair down' around? There was the whole reaction at the Cerberus Club, and Atsali's reaction had to be at least slightly typical, so how can she trouble herself to take the chance with a paramour? Ardor/Amour/...Exposition/Comprehension/... Revelation, Revulsion? Bad transition

Monica is a true and trusted friend, but it's not her who Tina wakes up to the next morning after 'Date Night'...

She has the ability to take advantage of some one, I had thought about that till just now.

Maybe whats required or desired is a trusted reset partner for timely and periodic interaction...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

OK- having looked up 'Badonkadonk' and found it does NOT mean what I thought it meant, I guess I am a little at a loss... but there is the crux of the biscut- anybody coming into the shop wanting to hook up with Tina will essentially telegraph such desires via their aura well befor the first pick-up line ensues. How Tina will react to this is hard to predict, but if she sees such attention as undesireable said stud will get the bum's rush right pronto.

I am seeing a situation (similar to Monica and Kevin) where they annoy the crap out of each other first- THEN, when Tina consults with M. (and HE consults with a friend) there is an understanding that developes... slowly... teasingly... plenty of laugh material here... imagine Tina distracted, she who dares not parallel park! And HE (poor sod) trying to out-think this semi-automatron who would be deadly in any poker game!

I like this idea....
I REALLY Like this idea...

More on this later...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.