Let That Sink In 2015-06-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
chibichibi01

Re: Let That Sink In 2015-06-29

Post by chibichibi01 »

illiad wrote:and what if she SAID she was in love with you?? and you were too busy with some game to properly hear it?? got really worried you were acting like a fool... :? :? :cry: :cry:

and days later she appears, says 'HI.. :oops: ' and you say sorry you did not hear her say she loved you???
Its all in the last few strips... :/ you need to go back to December... :p

wait.. you're *engaged* ??? :x what would happen if you were not in any way 'attached' to someone??? you would scare them away! miss the chance of a lifetime...
If I scared someone away by telling them they had overstepped their bounds by touching me without my permission then they didn't really respect me in the first place.

I've been paying attention, I know what's going on. Nadette is making me feel uncomfortable.

And yes, i'm engaged. To someone I thought didn't love me back until we starting having open communication. I never ever forced touches on him though, especially when i was unsure of his feelings.
ImageImage
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

chibichibi01 wrote:
illiad wrote:and what if she SAID she was in love with you?? and you were too busy with some game to properly hear it?? got really worried you were acting like a fool... :? :? :cry: :cry:

and days later she appears, says 'HI.. :oops: ' and you say sorry you did not hear her say she loved you???
Its all in the last few strips... :/ you need to go back to December... :p

wait.. you're *engaged* ??? :x what would happen if you were not in any way 'attached' to someone??? you would scare them away! miss the chance of a lifetime...
If I scared someone away by telling them they had overstepped their bounds by touching me without my permission then they didn't really respect me in the first place.

I've been paying attention, I know what's going on. Nadette is making me feel uncomfortable.

And yes, i'm engaged. To someone I thought didn't love me back until we starting having open communication. I never ever forced touches on him though, especially when i was unsure of his feelings.
What we have here... Is a major difference in people's "personal bubble" sizes.

Chibi, if I am interpreting things right, seems to have a big bubble.
(Nothing wrong with that. I've got a big bubble too. And I don't like other people in my bubble.)
Iliad appears to have a smaller, more permeable bubble.
(Nothing wrong with this either)

I don't know what Atsali's bubble is like. If it's big and non-permeable, Nadette may be in for a valuable lesson in bubble respect. If Atsali's bubble is small and-or very permeable, things will probably continue smoothly.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Re: Let That Sink In 2015-06-29with

Post by TazManiac »

All this talk of 'bubbles' has me flashing back to one set of sisters fussing with each other, back to the computer's camera, the other set of sisters being half-broken over the 'bubble' on screen...
illiad

Post by illiad »

well, I was just wondering how it would be, if she *was not* engaged!! :roll: :!: :)

I guess you havent seen todays strip.. (tues)...

If a friend I knew was engaged, started getting 'advances', I would warn that person off!! :)
A few people behave like that and bemoan that they cannot get a boyfriend...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The name of the strip harkened back to one from a long long time ago...

...which now makes a ton more sense.

Kath could see Tepoz because she was familiar with Lanthian tech.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

jwhouk wrote:Kath could see Tepoz because she was familiar with Lanthian tech.
But Dr. Fields was able to see Tepoz too, and I'm reasonably certain he's not in the loop regarding Lanthis et al.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

MerchManDan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Kath could see Tepoz because she was familiar with Lanthian tech.
But Dr. Fields was able to see Tepoz too, and I'm reasonably certain he's not in the loop regarding Lanthis et al.
As far as we're aware.

Sadly there are quite a few characters from Monica's former life which we've just not seen. Some, or most I feel like we'll never get to see them again.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Akeche wrote:Sadly there are quite a few characters from Monica's former life which we've just not seen. Some, or most I feel like we'll never get to see them again.
Which, from what I've seen, is rather much like how real life goes for many people.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Otpu wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

Nadette is making sure that Atsali cannot possibly mistake her signal.
Nadette is not being pushy. She has just figured out that Atsali is about as hint sensitive as your average teenage boy
and has ramped up her subtlety level accordingly

Otpu
That's what i meant. If the QRM is blocking the signal, crank up the final another kilowatt or so.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.