Make Us Proud 2015-05-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Re: Make Us Proud 2015-05-27

Post by oldmanmickey »

zachariah wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:[
Yea i think its just horrible how them Army and Navy and Marine folk treat their toys. We kept ours in nice neat dry tubes under the ground. None of that messy wire stuff either. Just 2 little keys to turn and people see fireworks like they never have before just prior to the start of the next stone age.
Please the Air Force was just as bad if not worse. The boys on the flight line and choppers took far better care of the bird than they did of the bombs and bullets. I had them send back to us 2.5 in rockets they dropped while loading and broke. They then stacked them in an open crate behind the hanger until it was full and then shipped it back to us. Fun and joy as they never bothered to remove the detonators or put safety pins back. Does that sound like the AF was better?
That was flight line people, lower class folks of course. Missile crews were the top dogs. "accidents are caused therefore are preventable". Yea you don't know its a damn accident till its over idiots.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

One day my roommate wanted to borrow my truck for something.

I pointed out that he didn't have a current license, and my insurance might cut up stroppy should he be in an accident.

He allowed as how he'd never had an accident in twenty some years since he got his license.

I looked at him and said "Bill - there's a reason they don't call them purposes."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Ha! Devyn just got voluntold... :lol:

This reminds me of the oft-seen scene in movies (and cartoons, I think), where the platoon leader asks for a volunteer, and everyone moves one step back except one, who now looks like he just did indeed volunteer... :lol:
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:The Goldsboro crash came disturbingly close to nuking a significant chunk of the Eastern Seaboard, and perhaps rendering Washington D.C. uninhabitable for quite some time.
That would be redundant - the Washington DC government and the federal government are doing a fine job of rendering that area uninhabitable.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

lake_wrangler wrote:Ha! Devyn just got voluntold... :lol:

This reminds me of the oft-seen scene in movies (and cartoons, I think), where the platoon leader asks for a volunteer, and everyone moves one step back except one, who now looks like he just did indeed volunteer... :lol:
NAVY! = Never Again Volunteer Yourself...

AND it looks like Bud has some competition for making diamonds! give that girl some high carb(on) diet and she'll be rich, Rich! I tell ya!...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac