All Aboard 2015-05-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Akeche

Re: All Aboard 2015-05-19

Post by Akeche »

Y'know, it's been so long since we've seen her that I had to squint hard to tell whether that was Monica or not to Jin's left(for us). I'm still not entirely sure but it has to be, though I thought she was a good bit shorter than Jin.

She seems all smiles so far. Guess we'll see how everything has panned out.
illiad

Post by illiad »

yes, and of course the advance team will be wearing the skimpiest of bikinis... :mrgreen:
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Shouldn't it be "this suit has only slightly more support" instead of "this suit is only slightly more support" ?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
illiad

Post by illiad »

refresh, it is slightly different in each frame... :)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Oh.....

Let's hope The Pool has some defibrillators and extra oxygen available... There's gonna be heart-palpatations, both good and bad.. :P

(By the by. Has ányone ever wondered why loud, meddlesome prudes are véry seldomly lookers themselves??...)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Now here's the thing though.

I recall Atsali being told to wear something that she'd wear normally out in public, right? Yeah well this is not that. This is jiggly, wobbly ohgoddon'tpopout territory. Monica's blatantly wearing a one piece there in the last panel. Now maybe this opinion won't be terribly popular but that particular bathing suit is indeed a little inappropriate for a 16 year old girl to be wearing.

On top of that, Monica herself never wore a two-piece suit outside of the privacy of her backyard or The Island with her friends.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Akeche wrote:Now here's the thing though.

I recall Atsali being told to wear something that she'd wear normally out in public, right? Yeah well this is not that. This is jiggly, wobbly ohgoddon'tpopout territory. Monica's blatantly wearing a one piece there in the last panel. Now maybe this opinion won't be terribly popular but that particular bathing suit is indeed a little inappropriate for a 16 year old girl to be wearing.

On top of that, Monica herself never wore a two-piece suit outside of the privacy of her backyard or The Island with her friends.
i gotta get going to work so i can't look it up, but i thought that she was told to wear something the she would wear to the Island, not out in public?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

scantrontb wrote:
Akeche wrote:Now here's the thing though.

i gotta get going to work so i can't look it up, but i thought that she was told to wear something the she would wear to the Island, not out in public?
Yes and the one time we've seen her on the island, it was in a one piece bathing suit. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/tossed-aside/ Even when she was at a beach(did we even know if it was The Island?) with Da Bears she was wearing something far more modest. I've just got this feeling she's going to feel incredibly awkward tomorrow/whenever they get to the pool.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DilyV wrote:
stjen wrote:Now, they could have said: "Let's make like a goalie and get the puck out of here".
Or they could have said: "Let's make like a teamster and get the truck out of here".
Or they could have said: "Let's make like a shepherd and get the flock out of here".
But in this case, they should have said "Let's make like a tree and leaf"
(to say otherwise doesn't make sense...)
No... I think this was intentional... Bud has a habit of mixing metaphors... whether deliberately or by accident I'm not sure...
Remember Bud singing New Wave while drunk?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

DilyV wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
kingklash wrote:I'm guessing Castela has a Water Lily mode.
I'm surprised Gramma Lily (Scantily clad here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/call-it-even/ ) and Aunt Suzi (mucho cleavage here: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/be-okay-2/ ) haven't been invited as well.
Couldn't find this one as a regular page - may have been eBay -only.

(This was the point at which i realised that Our Vampires Are Different. I'm not sure if Lily and Suzie had yet appeared in the comic at this point...)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Gyrrakavian wrote:Shouldn't it be "this suit has only slightly more support" instead of "this suit is only slightly more support" ?
I'm happy with either version.
Dave

Post by Dave »

The fact that Bud is there, spritely and chipper and apparently not hung over or unhappy, may suggest that her dinner date with Kevin wasn't a disaster...

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:Shouldn't it be "this suit has only slightly more support" instead of "this suit is only slightly more support" ?
I'm happy with either version.
Agreed... the way Atsali said it, is a fairly common verbal usage.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

stjen wrote:Now, they could have said: "Let's make like a goalie and get the puck out of here".
Or they could have said: "Let's make like a teamster and get the truck out of here".
Or they could have said: "Let's make like a shepherd and get the flock out of here".
But in this case, they should have said "Let's make like a tree and leaf"
(to say otherwise doesn't make sense...)
Oh, dear child, you never saw Back To The Future, did you?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: (This was the point at which i realised that Our Vampires Are Different. I'm not sure if Lily and Suzie had yet appeared in the comic at this point...)
Lily and Suzie first appeared at the same time in the strip - when Monica saw them blocking the sidewalk in front of the MMoH.

EDIT: And, courtesy of LouisXIV's Database: Right of Way
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

for those who have not checked...
"this suit is only slightly more support than the air around me!!!"
Last edited by illiad on Tue May 19, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:Yeah. If anyone objects... well, to quote Mr. T, "I pity da fool!" as Atsali certainly has all of the A-team players going along.
Really? The way I see it, only Bud qualifies for the A Team... (no nudity, but not quite safe for work...)
Akeche wrote:... though I thought she was a good bit shorter than Jin.
Not that much shorter...

Atsali wrote:This suit is only slightly more support than the air around me...
I thought air support was a good thing to have, in combat... and here, she says she has slightly more than just air support... so what is she complaining about? ;)
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler..... :) she is not a brassy confident texas girl.... :/

she is a poor just vaguely teen who used to be a happy, flat girl... and then had 'KK cups' (??) *thrust* upon her, and then mean people making insulting comments about them... :roll:

just think if your 'cahunas' were suddenly 2 feet wide :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TazManiac wrote:This thread is so full of nom nom nom...

(Thank you esp, DilyV)
*Bows* My pleasure sir! It took me about an hour of scouring the archives for those... Katherine is a hottie in a bikini in her own right... I tried to find the blood shower scene with Lily and Suzi but couldn't... I think that might have just been a ebay listing... but a good one.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

illiad wrote:lake_wrangler..... :) she is not a brassy confident texas girl.... :/

she is a poor just vaguely teen who used to be a happy, flat girl... and then had 'KK cups' (??) *thrust* upon her, and then mean people making insulting comments about them... :roll:

just think if your 'cahunas' were suddenly 2 feet wide :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
I believe the term is "Cujones"... or "Juevos"... LOL

*tosses an unofficial copy of the US Army's "Survival Spanish for Dummies" in the pun jar for good measure*

The official copies never have the good words in them... LOL

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

shadowinthelight wrote:I wonder what material Jin's suit is made of to be so shiny. Latex would probably not be good for swimming and even worse for sunbathing.
I wonder if this is an indoor pool... and um... I don't think Jin is thinking about swimming (neither will anyone else when they get a load of this crew)... with the way she teases her beau, and Monica from time to time, I'm pretty sure that swimming is pretty low on her agenda. Oh, and Latex or Cire' Spandex "wetlook" suits are exactly what is called for in this situation. Nothing like something skin tight and shiny when you want to be noticed!