Think Like That 2015-04-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Think Like That 2015-04-30

Post by TazManiac »

I think you misunderstand; they (Apple) are very ethical-
it's just that they think they know what is good for us, better than we do ourselves...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:I think you misunderstand; they (Apple) are very ethical-
it's just that they think they know what is good for us, better than we do ourselves...
Classic example of the ethical basis on which Apple was founded:

Jobs sold a program Woz had written for seven thousand dollars. He told Woz that the price had been seven hundred, and wrote him a check for three hundred fifty.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

So what you are saying us people think the logo is a Honeycrisp when in actuality it is a Bramley?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Let's just say, when i think of Apple, i don't think of, say, a Fuji or Winesap.

"Crabby Appleton" is what comes to mind.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

well The apple **laptop** is liked by many.. BUT you have to be able to pay the inflated price... A lot say it is worth it, you cannot put *any* software on, it has to be 'vetted' by apple first, that is why you do not get the problems of windows, where *any* program can be used, causing many problems, crashes, etc, etc...

I only hear this from the guys who can afford it, of course... what do you think??

"it's just that they think they know what is good for us, better than we do ourselves..." problem is, there are plenty of people who will believe them...

"we dont need a lager screen, it will make it difficult to reach for texts..."

apple produces a larger screen...

"wow, its marvellous! this big screen is great for movies!"

:lol: :sheep: :lol: :roll:
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

illiad wrote: you cannot put *any* software on, it has to be 'vetted' by apple first
Looks at Applications folder... gives up counting at 30+ free-range mainstream apps, vs 2 ‘vetted’ (Apple AppStore)

Up to a point, Lord Copper

Edit: miscounted one I’d updated to the free-range version