Feeling Worried 2015-05-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Feeling Worried 2015-05-01

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:You nerds need to pay up before the vault seeks you out.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote:
Thor wrote:Stamen-Vision!

...actually now that I think about it, the fact that she sees through eye-penises is really odd and disconcerting.
That's the emotional down-side of developing an attachment to an anther-omorphic character... especially one of Pollen-ysian descent.
Dude? Punjar, now!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Not to over-do it, but Nadette is running slightly blind here. She still does not know about the horned girl, or if she does know she doesn't know about how Atsali felt about her.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:You nerds need to pay up before the vault seeks you out.
Wow - boy, if i was going to play the Major-General in a production of "Pirates of Penzance", now i know what i'd put on the costume for rank badges.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Gavote

Post by Gavote »

Those flower clusters would indeed make some seriously awesome shoulder caps!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:Not to over-do it, but Nadette is running slightly blind here. She still does not know about the horned girl, or if she does know she doesn't know about how Atsali felt about her.
Trying to stay on topic: this (hopefully) will be an unintentional conversation between Castela and Nadette on Monday, if not next week.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
as363

Post by as363 »

(Bad spelling is intentional !) Ta Raw Raw boom DE"aze - less than two more D"aze When we find out what Plaze Ta Raw Boom DE"aze !
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DinkyInky wrote:And the tiny tots are most always a fount of knowledge and wisdom. If we "growed ups" followed their advice more often, there'd be less trouble.
Eh, I don't know about that. I think it's more that kids haven't yet learned to follow the social conventions that tell us what to say, when to say it, and what not to say. They'll just bluntly say whatever they think. While that sometimes lets them go ahead and cut straight to the heart of the matter in a way that more polite conversation wouldn't, you have to remember that those social conventions developed for a reason. More often than not, what kids say when they do that will be inappropriate or just wrong based on ignorance. After all, much of their advice would simply be, "give me everything that I want right now!!!"

So carefully considering what kids say is a good idea, but going to them as a regular source of advice would probably end rather badly.
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

Catawampus wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:And the tiny tots are most always a fount of knowledge and wisdom. If we "growed ups" followed their advice more often, there'd be less trouble.
Eh, I don't know about that. I think it's more that kids haven't yet learned to follow the social conventions that tell us what to say, when to say it, and what not to say. They'll just bluntly say whatever they think. While that sometimes lets them go ahead and cut straight to the heart of the matter in a way that more polite conversation wouldn't, you have to remember that those social conventions developed for a reason. More often than not, what kids say when they do that will be inappropriate or just wrong based on ignorance. After all, much of their advice would simply be, "give me everything that I want right now!!!"

So carefully considering what kids say is a good idea, but going to them as a regular source of advice would probably end rather badly.
true, but sometimes those social conventions are just excuses for putting up with liars and con artists.
illiad

Post by illiad »

well, there are also people who are lying ***to themselves***.. :/