Missing Something 2015-04-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Re: Missing Something 2015-04-27

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Sometimes, the struggle against obliviousness resembles the effort of a salmon to swim upstream to reach its spawning grounds.

Sometimes it must swim against a very strong current,

Sometimes it has to jump over obstacles.

Sometimes it must jump time and time again to get past a barrier, such as a waterfall.

Salmon Atsali, meet Victoria Falls, also known as Bane Of the Clueless.

http://snulbug.mtview.ca.us/travel/Afri ... 0_jpg.jpeg
You forgot, sometimes salmon do get caught by bears. ;)
Aed wrote:Atsali saying that she likes boys and girls is not a statement that she is bi-sexual. While sirens in general and Atsali in particular may be bi-sexual, her statement, however, may be nothing more than emphasis on just how cluelessly innocent Atsali really is.

Consider please, that most of the forum posters have both male and female friends, so we could state frankly that we like both boys and girls. That would not necessarily mean that we are attracted sexually to both. Let's watch and see what Paul shows us next in this adventure.

Atsali - clueless innocence or coy vixen? :shock:
Rhetorically possible but Atsali was directly answering the perceived question of whether she was gay. I don't see much wiggle room for interpretation under these circumstances.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

How does she know she "likes" both boys and girls since she has yet to be with either? Clearly she fantasizes about boys sexually, given that she was masturbating that one night when she was thinking about Jacob. We have yet to see any similar obvious sexual attraction to females. Maybe, as Aed said, that was just a statement of liking both as friends. Right now she seems very confused as to what is going on. We'll see ... eventually.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Thor

Post by Thor »

KnightDelight wrote:How does she know she "likes" both boys and girls since she has yet to be with either? Clearly she fantasizes about boys sexually, given that she was masturbating that one night when she was thinking about Jacob. We have yet to see any similar obvious sexual attraction to females. Maybe, as Aed said, that was just a statement of liking both as friends. Right now she seems very confused as to what is going on. We'll see ... eventually.
Two words: Wing Boner
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Thor wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:How does she know she "likes" both boys and girls since she has yet to be with either? Clearly she fantasizes about boys sexually, given that she was masturbating that one night when she was thinking about Jacob. We have yet to see any similar obvious sexual attraction to females. Maybe, as Aed said, that was just a statement of liking both as friends. Right now she seems very confused as to what is going on. We'll see ... eventually.
Two words: Wing Boner
...and a bigger one than she ever popped over thoughts of Jacob.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I'm going to post this here, despite the revelations from today's (4/28) comic.

I think we are missing something.

Atsali may be repressing something from when she first came to the orphanage.

Like, say, a certain demon girl who she found swinging.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Aed wrote:Atsali saying that she likes boys and girls is not a statement that she is bi-sexual. While sirens in general and Atsali in particular may be bi-sexual, her statement, however, may be nothing more than emphasis on just how cluelessly innocent Atsali really is.

Consider please, that most of the forum posters have both male and female friends, so we could state frankly that we like both boys and girls. That would not necessarily mean that we are attracted sexually to both. Let's watch and see what Paul shows us next in this adventure.
I really don't see how she could mean it in any other way than that she is attracted to both boys and girls in matters of romance and perhaps sex. They were discussing her relationship with Jacob, talking about sexual orientation, and then she mentions Nadette asking if Atsali is gay and immediately following that up with saying that she likes both boys and girls.

That's like having a conversation about what colour to decorate the walls in your foyer, and somebody saying, "You want to know what colour I think we should make it? I like black." Sure, it's possible that they've suddenly decided to go off-topic and mention their preferred way of drinking their coffee, but that would be extremely unlikely.

I think that Atsali has stated as plainly as possible that she wouldn't mind dating either a boy or a girl. Not that she's saying that she feels platonic love towards all sexes, or anything such as that.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:I'm going to post this here, despite the revelations from today's (4/28) comic.

I think we are missing something.

Atsali may be repressing something from when she first came to the orphanage.

Like, say, a certain demon girl who she found swinging.
I will second that- I wonder if there wasn't some frustrated expression of love that made the other girl hang herself... Paul would not drop that in as a throwaway, I think...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I mainly said this because of how Castela mentioned "smell" on the part of the "girl who left". She also mentioned how funny Atsali smelled after her little "nocturnal emission" event.

And, as I subscribe to Occam's Razor, I'd say it'd be a simple explanation - younger girl had the hots for Atsali, and Atsali was clueless enough that she didn't notice.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:I mainly said this because of how Castela mentioned "smell" on the part of the "girl who left". She also mentioned how funny Atsali smelled after her little "nocturnal emission" event.

And, as I subscribe to Occam's Razor, I'd say it'd be a simple explanation - younger girl had the hots for Atsali, and Atsali was clueless enough that she didn't notice.
Possibly not a younger girl? Did we ever find out for sure if she was older or younger than Atsali?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think we are going to find out before week's end.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

For Atsali to have a photo of her and to remember her fondly, they had to have been pretty close in age... Children do not typically associate too closely with other children with an age gap larger than one or two years, as far as I know...