Focus 2015-04-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Re: Focus 2015-04-22

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Hansontoons wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:HANSONTOONS called it- she was worried about repercussions when Atsali realizes that Jessie's Brother is the reason for the cancelled date...

.. and so a Ninja corners Jessie away from water, and as he pulls his blades he says, "MWAH! SUSHI! Toto mo oi schi!"
("AHAH! SUSHI! Very tasty!")
My speculation was the fortuitous result of a caffeine-induced delerium. :D

More sugar!
- try molasses
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Dave wrote: now, to see if her damage control efforts make things worse rather than better.
AmriloJim wrote: As voiced above, let's hope the 'damage control' doesn't backfire.
Is it really in doubt? Of course it's going to backfire, in the most hilarious possible way...
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Aleister Crow wrote:
Dave wrote: now, to see if her damage control efforts make things worse rather than better.
AmriloJim wrote: As voiced above, let's hope the 'damage control' doesn't backfire.
Is it really in doubt? Of course it's going to backfire, in the most hilarious possible way...
Hilarious? Hopefully. Uncomfortable? Definitely. Why oh why must I dislike the Awkward so much? :)
zachariah wrote:Plus Paul is using another trope for the story line. Friends do stupid things to protect someone from being emotionally hurt. All Jessi has to do is call Berdi and ask if she has heard about this. Problem and worry gone. Will anyone think to do this NOOOOOO they won't. All Jessi thinks to do is call in someone who is totally in the dark to help.
I actually was thinking that if it had been my brother, I wouldn't have been good at faking the "happy for you smile" for all of the "ohshitohshitohshit!" going on in my brain. I would have said something at that moment to the tune of "Shit!...Sorry...very happy for you, but one of my friends at school was supposed to be going on a date with that guy. I wonder if he's told her yet. I don't want to say anything to her if she doesn't know yet." That probably would have led to a quick follow up call with Jacob to confirm he'd told her. If Jessie had done that, she at least wouldn't be in the dark about whether or not Atsali knows.

You know, it's funny how teens don't seem to really think things through. I mean, Jessie should know by now that Atsali isn't vindictive or hateful. After all, she wasn't exactly nice to Atsali, and when things went wrong Atsali still came to her rescue. I'm also willing to bet that Atsali hasn't been throwing her weight around at school ever since she "dethroned" Jessie as Queen Bee. If she would just stop to think about that, she'd realize that the only damage control needed is of the comforting kind.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Julie wrote:
zachariah wrote:Plus Paul is using another trope for the story line. Friends do stupid things to protect someone from being emotionally hurt. All Jessi has to do is call Berdi and ask if she has heard about this. Problem and worry gone. Will anyone think to do this NOOOOOO they won't. All Jessi thinks to do is call in someone who is totally in the dark to help.
I actually was thinking that if it had been my brother, I wouldn't have been good at faking the "happy for you smile" for all of the "ohshitohshitohshit!" going on in my brain. I would have said something at that moment to the tune of "Shit!...Sorry...very happy for you, but one of my friends at school was supposed to be going on a date with that guy. I wonder if he's told her yet. I don't want to say anything to her if she doesn't know yet." That probably would have led to a quick follow up call with Jacob to confirm he'd told her. If Jessie had done that, she at least wouldn't be in the dark about whether or not Atsali knows.

You know, it's funny how teens don't seem to really think things through. I mean, Jessie should know by now that Atsali isn't vindictive or hateful. After all, she wasn't exactly nice to Atsali, and when things went wrong Atsali still came to her rescue. I'm also willing to bet that Atsali hasn't been throwing her weight around at school ever since she "dethroned" Jessie as Queen Bee. If she would just stop to think about that, she'd realize that the only damage control needed is of the comforting kind.
That's why it's a trope. People not thinking and doing stupid things to hide something. You know it's going to come out at the worst, or most embarrassing, moment for everyone. That is where the laughter is. Most don't realize that comedy is about pain of some sort. It hurts inside so we laugh to keep it from hurting more. How much of our humor is based upon people dieing from embarrassment? The prat fall. The insulting joke. etc.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Julie wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:
Hilarious? Hopefully. Uncomfortable? Definitely. Why oh why must I dislike the Awkward so much? :)

And yet, as a previouse "Queen Bee", the idea of offering comfort and sympathy is as foreign to her as walking on the sun. Not just room for some excellent teen emotional mayhem here, but perhaps even a growing moment.
Just remember, it is impossible to make a good sailor on a calm sea.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

Woah! Krystal is pumped just like Shelley!
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Sgt. Howard wrote:And yet, as a previouse "Queen Bee", the idea of offering comfort and sympathy is as foreign to her as walking on the sun.
Though she and Krystle did claim that her school persona was all an act. Perhaps now we'll get to see the "real" Jessie (hopefully not involving any lighters).
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Radical_Knight wrote:Woah! Krystal is pumped just like Shelley!
I noticed that too. She seems much beefier then when we saw her in the Para-School Pool.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Radical_Knight wrote:Woah! Krystal is pumped just like Shelley!
I noticed that too. She seems much beefier then when we saw her in the Para-School Pool.
I too, thought to comment on that.

maybe shes in her 'gotta dash, overland, need to change my shape a bit' mode. er sumpt'n...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Maybe a few too many of those pies from Punch's.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It has been confirmed: we have a Relationship Decahedron:

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
One of the major long-established SF clubs (if you don't know/can't guess which, not saying) has (or, at least, had last i heard) a Chart...
These days, any franchise with 3 or more characters is subject to "shipping" and the mind-bending charts that go with it. Diesel Sweeties and Questionable Content have a couple each, just because there's debate amongst the fans about which characters to include.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I feel almost compelled to comment on low-cal, savory fish pie... but I'm too respectful to do something like that... :roll:
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Yep.

Paul's outdone himself this time. Yeah, we've had angsty love triangles and such, but this takes the cake. I'm almost certain Atsali has the most complicated social network out of all the main or formerly-main characters.
I just looked at the MLP Shipping chart, and I noticed one of them seemed to have two lines pointing at a mini-version of them. Do they have a small twin, or are they actually shipped with themselves? Is that a dig at them being narcissistic or...

You know what? Nevermind. It's MLP. Bronies can think the strangest things.
I'm too much!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm at the store right now and am tempted to go to the yarn section and get the necessary supplies to make that chart.
GlytchMeister wrote:I just looked at the MLP Shipping chart, and I noticed one of them seemed to have two lines pointing at a mini-version of them. Do they have a small twin, or are they actually shipped with themselves? Is that a dig at them being narcissistic or...
"The Great and Powerful" Trixie is very full of herself.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

shadowinthelight wrote:
I'm at the store right now and am tempted to go to the yarn section and get the necessary supplies to make that chart.
Be careful. That could get you started on the path to making yourself a Room Full Of Crazy.
(Warning, TV Tropes Link)
I'm too much!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

GlytchMeister wrote:I just looked at the MLP Shipping chart, and I noticed one of them seemed to have two lines pointing at a mini-version of them. Do they have a small twin, or are they actually shipped with themselves? Is that a dig at them being narcissistic or...
This particular chart - there seem to be several, but I can't bring myself to look for them - is based on pairings in fanfiction, which somehow has at least two stories where The Great & Powerful Trixie gets it on with herself. Almost definitely a dig at her narcissism.
GlytchMeister wrote: It's MLP. Bronies can think the strangest things.
Speaking as somebody on the front lines of that fandom, I can & will confirm.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:I feel almost compelled to comment on low-cal, savory fish pie... but I'm too respectful to do something like that... :roll:
Would that be a fish-and-finger pie?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

GlytchMeister wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
Be careful. That could get you started on the path to making yourself a Room Full Of Crazy.
(Warning, TV Tropes Link)
...or becoming a no-sided professor.

{I'll be back to this}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote: It's MLP. Bronies can think the strangest things.
Speaking as somebody on the front lines of that fandom, I can & will confirm.
Heh, and I'm the guy with an avatar of a pony flying by the window of a girl holding a knife to her wrist.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!