Just Be Happy 2015-04-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Just Be Happy 2015-04-08

Post by oldmanmickey »

Just Be Happy

Like i said in facebook, just send Pickle and let the mean woman explain to that little angel why she said bad things about her sister. If that dont work then Pickle can strip the flesh from her bones. shrugs
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Re: Just Be Happy 2015-04-08

Post by Opus the Poet »

Poor Atsali! Now Mom understands. And again we are back to the question of how can you deal with something like that?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I think that mom was just jealous from the sound of it... and oh boy... did she ever step in it. This is kinda like a bouncing betty... except that she didn't hear the click so she doesn't know how bad things are about to get when she removes that foot from her mouth...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:Poor Atsali! Now Mom understands. And again we are back to the question of how can you deal with something like that?
Hmmm... maybe a bit of social aikido?

Go talk to the pool management. Suggest that in the interest of fairness, since Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is was upset about a girl "showing too much", simple justice requires that the pool management enforce the rule that all girls and women must wear swimsuits that are fully body-covering - even more conservative than what Atsali had been wearing that day. Because, of course, Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is wants it that way 'cause it's a family pool with children present.

Then, feed the rumor mill with the (truthful) news that Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is had complained that even a racing one-piece and board shorts are "too revealing".

The backlash would be interesting to watch... from a distance.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Poor Atsali! Now Mom understands. And again we are back to the question of how can you deal with something like that?

Go talk to the pool management. Suggest that in the interest of fairness, since Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is was upset about a girl "showing too much", simple justice requires that the pool management enforce the rule that all girls and women must wear swimsuits that are fully body-covering - even more conservative than what Atsali had been wearing that day. Because, of course, Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is wants it that way 'cause it's a family pool with children present.

Then, feed the rumor mill with the (truthful) news that Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is had complained that even a racing one-piece and board shorts are "too revealing".

So, everyone gets to wear a full wetsuit then? :twisted: You know some of them are more revealing than being naked. :ugeek:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:So, everyone gets to wear a full wetsuit then? :twisted: You know some of them are more revealing than being naked. :ugeek:
I was thinking of an older tradition... this belle exiting a "Bathing machine" (i.e. beach-side one-person changing booth) is from 1905.

And even she is being a bit shameless, or even scandalous, according to some. Her ankles are showing. Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is surely would not approve. "So, we put on our anklets when it's conveeeenient, hmmm?"
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote: "So, we put on our anklets when it's conveeeenient, hmmm?"
Why am I hearing Enid Strict?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:

Kathryn also needs to use 'L' words when talking to the pool management. Words like lawyer and lawsuit.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

My2Cents wrote:
Dave wrote:

Kathryn also needs to use 'L' words when talking to the pool management. Words like lawyer and lawsuit.
also words like let aunts loose
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

We should take into consideration that we have no idea who the woman was.

While it is very true that many of our main characters are in very powerful positions in the paranormal world, that does not mean they are among the most powerful. For instance, how will this be dealt with if it turns out that the woman was Calista's mother?!

I'm sure we all like to think that our favorite girls are exempt from social bullying in this world, but Paul might throw us a curve ball here. Or it'll simply be a very arrogant Mer-type.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Akeche wrote:We should take into consideration that we have no idea who the woman was.

While it is very true that many of our main characters are in very powerful positions in the paranormal world, that does not mean they are among the most powerful. For instance, how will this be dealt with if it turns out that the woman was Calista's mother?!
Given Cricket's reaction to Monica, i doubt that her mother is gonna choose a face-off with the Jaguar Girl ... and even the fae need a world to live in, which sorta leaves out getting in Bud's face ... and most paras walk pretty light around apos and Phix killed and ate one of those ...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I point out here that a "racing one-piece" is likely to be pretty much skin-tight.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Yeaaaa. Kathy is a smart mom. She figured out there was something more than teen age angst and got Sali to tell her what it was. Now she knows what the problem really is which is the first step in fixing it.

I am disappointed that she thinks there is not a way to deal with this effectively. There is and she should do it. Go to the pool with Sali and Pickle and wait for the pool to say something. When they do she can face them down with cool logic and the full force of an outraged mother at the mistreatment of their child. When the complainer surfaces, which they probably will, she can confront them directly over how small minded and petty they are being. Using verbal akido Kathy can put them in the wrong quiet easily. From there she shows everyone what an idiot that person is. It is time to mention lawyers only if the pool stupidly trys to follow through on keeping Sali out of the pool. If they insist then it is up the chain of command she goes.

The other way is yo go along with Jin's plan. I think Jin's plan will be more fun and result in greater embarrassment for the complainer. I suspect Jin will be wearing as little as possible just to push the point even more. This will either redirect the attention to herself, or make the complainer explode and try to directly confront Jin. Won't that be fun for Jin.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Akeche wrote:We should take into consideration that we have no idea who the woman was.

Given Cricket's reaction to Monica, i doubt that her mother is gonna choose a face-off with the Jaguar Girl ... and even the fae need a world to live in, which sorta leaves out getting in Bud's face ... and most paras walk pretty light around apos and Phix killed and ate one of those ...
When you got a problem you need to fix,
All ya gotta do is call Tanta Phix...

Oh yeah... I can see it now... Tanta Phix strolling into the para-pool in sphinx form...

"Alllllllright... which one of you snacks insulted my grand daughter, Atsali?"

Naturally Phix would be blocking the only entrance... so no one would be inclined to run...

Needless to say, abject apologies would be spewing forth... even from the people who did nothing...

The really bad thing about it is, Atsali needs to learn she can't let her aunts Monica, Bud, Jin, and Phix fight her battles for her. That might make her even more of a pariah... engendering even more fear and resentment. What I'd do is maybe have Monica stroll in when Atsali is already there... Maybe even wearing her magic 8 ball shirt...

Atsali: "Hi Aunt Monica!"
Monica: "Heya Atsali, Castela, how are my favorite nieces?"

No threats verbalized... no pissed off attitudes in evidence... just intimidation by sheer presence when the lady realizes who she had the misfortune to pick on and nothing so contrived as a direct confrontation.

Just don't let Cricket get involved... we don't need the prude fisting herself... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Opus the Poet wrote:So, everyone gets to wear a full wetsuit then? :twisted: You know some of them are more revealing than being naked. :ugeek:
Nope, a 'full wetsuit' surely means this!!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atsali's all wound up and such,
and feeling quite out-of-touch,
'cause some self-righteouse fool
at the paranormal pool,
declaired she was showing too much

when in fact (as we all have discovered)
she was nicely and totally covered,
but the CRUX of the charge
is "her BOOBS are TOO LARGE!"
from which she has no way recovered

So enter her favourite Aunt Phix,
who easily deals with rude chicks,
and in less than an hour
will simply devour
the problem- oh, such a quick fix!

Schwartzbrot und Braunswager now deposited in Confusion corner
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

illiad wrote:
Nope, a 'full wetsuit' surely means this!!
I was thinking more along the lines of a triathlon wetsuit like this:
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Normally, I don't like to see people who are politically connected throw their weight around, but if the pool staff deferred to the prudish mom, then I think it would be completely in order for Katherine and Atsali to call in the big guns as a counter. After all Monica did say she would have Atsali's back if people gave her crap about her breasts.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Boxilar wrote:Normally, I don't like to see people who are politically connected throw their weight around, but if the pool staff deferred to the prudish mom, then I think it would be completely in order for Katherine and Atsali to call in the big guns as a counter. After all Monica did say she would have Atsali's back if people gave her crap about her breasts.
So... I wonder what Mrs. Whatever-her-name-is's worst fear might be? :shock:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Boxilar wrote:Normally, I don't like to see people who are politically connected throw their weight around, but if the pool staff deferred to the prudish mom, then I think it would be completely in order for Katherine and Atsali to call in the big guns as a counter. After all Monica did say she would have Atsali's back if people gave her crap about her breasts.
The fact that a prudish Mom complained is one thing- that the staff of the pool LISTENED is indication that said prude had some political clout of her own. 'Sali being dressed as described, the staff should have realised the absurdity of the complaint and responded accordingly- 'She who suffers from a flat chest' has SOME kinda pull to get Atsali tossed out.

Looking forward to a pool party- how about you?.... BTW, if an interpreter is needed, I speak fluent Limerick...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.