Mommy Rules 2015-04-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Mommy Rules 2015-04-07

Post by lake_wrangler »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/mommy-rules/

Way to go, Katherine!

Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder if we'll ever find out who or what in the world is Ninhursag...
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Mommy Rules 2015-04-07

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Bleah

Ninhursag. I know that name ...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

I will ground you untill you're blue ...

...or twenty-one, whichever comes first.

===============

When did Ms Gilchrist grow fangs?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

WordNet Search wrote:Ninkhursag: the great mother goddess; worshipped also as Aruru and Mama and Nintu
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

lake_wrangler wrote:
WordNet Search wrote:Ninkhursag: the great mother goddess; worshipped also as Aruru and Mama and Nintu
So, she literally invoked "Mommy Power".
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Compare this to the first time we saw this woman...
2003-09-19... how do you create the link?
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:
Also Roger Ramius Chang McClintock's squeeze.
AnotherFairportfan

jeffepp wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
So, she literally invoked "Mommy Power".
Yep. Just like saying "Shazam!", only more specific.
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

Ninhursag was a principle sumerian deity, a mother goddess.

Having a hard time really following Atsali's issues... I never really HAD them, and I'm busty... though, admittedly not as busty as she is... I'm also non-sexual and never really cared as much what others thought of me. I also don't have the issue of coming from two super sexualized lines. I've also always been heavy, and I don't think people tended to see past that.

Kind of like Katherine and others before her, I can't think of there really being any answer that doesn't start with "calm down." There is no quick and easy answer to changing other peoples perceptions...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

My mother used to invoke that power as well. Its how a 5'1 110 lb woman could make a 6'2 220 lb GI quake in his shoes
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

oldmanmickey wrote:My mother used to invoke that power as well. Its how a 5'1 110 lb woman could make a 6'2 220 lb GI quake in his shoes
My mom never really managed, that I can remember... or at least, not since I first reached beyond 10 yrs old...

(When I was 12, she tried to smack me with a wooden spoon, on the arm... the spoon broke, and I hardly felt it... Her authority over me - or my sense/opinion of it - went downhill, from there...)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

lake_wrangler wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:My mother used to invoke that power as well. Its how a 5'1 110 lb woman could make a 6'2 220 lb GI quake in his shoes
My mom never really managed, that I can remember... or at least, not since I first reached beyond 10 yrs old...

(When I was 12, she tried to smack me with a wooden spoon, on the arm... the spoon broke, and I hardly felt it... Her authority over me - or my sense/opinion of it - went downhill, from there...)
hers never broke, nor my grandmothers nor my greatgrandmothers.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

lake_wrangler wrote:

Mine was the day my mother told me lean down so she could slap my face. :lol:
But is was fear of my father that kept me on the straight and narrow as a young man. He was taller than I was at 6'2", about 50 lbs heavier and a boxer in his run in the Army. (And, just to set the record straight, I never caused my mother much grief. I was a pretty good kid. He biggest complaint was "I never should have let you watch Bullwinkle as a kid.")
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Thor

Post by Thor »

Akamar wrote: Having a hard time really following Atsali's issues... I never really HAD them, and I'm busty... though, admittedly not as busty as she is
A HUGE part of the problem is the time for adjustment. For humans, puberty is a process that takes years, and the Great Breastward Expansion from flat to full usually takes place over 5-8 years, little by little, which allows a person to come to terms with their new center of gravity (and center of attention). Atsali went from A-cup to H-cup, literally overnight. And even though she's a bright girl with the rational understanding that people are going to act differently to her, it's a lot to adjust to, all at once. At the same time she is trying to get used to the strengths and limitations of her new form, everyone starts treating her like she's a whole different person, and she has to understand and get used to that too.

Yes, by this point, she's had these enlarged parts for half a year, and is starting to get the hang of them, at least in her own bubble of personal space, but she was never very good at the interpersonal thing before, and now it is both different and more insistent. I can't blame her for losing patience with the whole thing.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I will ground you untill you're blue ...

...or twenty-one, whichever comes first.
Lets hope Atsali makes it to the next DAY.
Katherine. You. ROCK!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I really don't mean to make a pun here, but is this a real problem or is Atsali making mountains out of mole hills here? We've seen Jessie call her jugs I think which was a sort of coping mechanism... and Cricket definitely called her jugs which was a friendship initiating thing... but other than that I don't really recall anyone "sexualizing" her. Could this be something she is perceiving that may not really be there because she knows "that's how Sirens are treated?" Maybe kinda like Hypochondria for wayward paranormals? Or is she taking teasing as sexualizing? The only boy that she's been interested in is scared shitless and we really haven't seen anyone else.

I was wondering about Kath Rocking the fangs too... did they just manifest?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Cortanis

Post by Cortanis »

Given Kath's previous statements/actions in regards to the two kids, are we sure that she actually resides in the realm of human parameters? She did just floor check Atsali in rage mode here after all. Kind of really hard to do against someone who can rip a man in half.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

You may be bad ass... but you'll never be Angry Kath Bad ass!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Compare this to the first time we saw this woman...
2003-09-19... how do you create the link?
You follow her story... and grant Paul the authorial right to add some back-story as he goes along.

I think it was mostly laid out in flashback form, during the Big Adventure... that Kath was rather "normal" (to use a loaded word) in her younger years... an as-social-as-expected grad student who (if I recall correctly) had served in the military for a while. She went into a reclusive phase (which is where we first saw her back in ought-three) after she barely escaped being slaughtered along with the rest of the anthropology team on a dig somewhere in the neighborhood of the Dead Sea.

Looking back on it now, it's almost as if she was in a fugue state during those years... hiding from herself and from the world, as a way of hiding from what happened to her friends. In effect, a really bad cast of PTSD.

I think Paul showed us the precise moments at which she decided she was no longer willing to exist as a "nothing", and that she really wanted to live again, and the point at which she took back her own power and took charge of the situation (and her own life) again.

My impression is that she's making up for a bunch of lost/wasted/aimless years.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

I cannot blame Atsali for losing her cool, though it's also good that Katherine acted as she did to help silence her.

But The next words out of Kathy's mouth needs to be an apology. An apology for literally regurgitating the exact same bullshit everyone keeps telling the poor girl whenever she asks for advice or help on the matter. She knows that having a great set of knockers doesn't make her sexual outright, she knows it isn't right for people to treat her differently because of this. She knows because she is a combination of paranormal creatures which literally have their lore focused around sexing people up(and eating them/sucking out their soul).

Katherine needs to apologize, and then just admit she has no fucking clue what to tell her. A parent can't have all the answers, and sometimes it's better to just outright say that. Especially when your child is well into their teenaged years and dealing with hormonal issues. They do not want to be essentially baby talked.