Just A Kid 20115-04-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Just A Kid 20115-04-06

Post by oldmanmickey »

Link
Oh this is not gonna end well for some lady at the pool.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Just A Kid 20115-04-06

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Still not seeing the page at the normal link, even after doing the one-back-two-forward thing (well, TRYING to do the "two forward" part.

Lessee if your link gets it for me.

============

It did.
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hmm... is Atsali setting things up for Jin and Katherine to tag-team on the hapless mother at the pool?
AnotherFairportfan

Typo in Katherine's last speech - "your" where should be "you're".
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:Hmm... is Atsali setting things up for Jin and Katherine to tag-team on the hapless mother at the pool?
Well, if there's a setup being planned, it's likely Jin's plan and Atsali is just doing what she's told.

Wonder if Jin can get Monica to come along, too, since i figure Bud's already on board, and Bud's likely to tag Shelly...
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Sigh. Someone needs to tell her that she could "rule the school", if she just had the right attitude. Or, at least fake it like she did. Stare down a few of those people, and they will start to squirm. Acting embarrassed over such accusations can be seen as proof that it's true. So can refuting them. So, make them back up their words, or eat them.

Unless you are a sphinx, then YOU eat them.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

And suddenly I cannot hold back my sword hand's anger!

Beware the Mama Bear...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I'm not sure if Atsali knows how much of an introvert her mom was at one point.
AnotherFairportfan

kingklash wrote:I'm not sure if Atsali knows how much of an introvert her mom was at one point.
Interesting that two of the "swans" of Wapsi Square were ugly ducklings...
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

THAT'S what Kathrine was picked on about at school?
Not the shark-eye thing?
AnotherFairportfan

jayessell wrote:THAT'S what Kathrine was picked on about at school?
Not the shark-eye thing?
Nobody had to get close-enough to notice the eyes - or even in front of her - to pick up on the adenoids/tonsils thing.

We had a guy here in Atlanta fandom who didn't get surgery till he was in his twenties, and combined with the fact that he was a big guy with a deep resonant voice, talking to him was like having a conversation with Darth Vader.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

This is going to be a LOVELY brawl when it happens- Katherine will not fend for herself, but she will turn full fang and claw for someone she loves... remember that guy who smacked her fish bowl with a volleyball? And THAT was before Mapimi...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
jayessell wrote:THAT'S what Kathrine was picked on about at school?
Not the shark-eye thing?
Nobody had to get close-enough to notice the eyes - or even in front of her - to pick up on the adenoids/tonsils thing.

We had a guy here in Atlanta fandom who didn't get surgery till he was in his twenties, and combined with the fact that he was a big guy with a deep resonant voice, talking to him was like having a conversation with Darth Vader.
you're forgetting that she was relatively outgoing.... before going on the Dead Sea dig... then she retreated into hermitism for quite some time, until Monica came along.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

Atsali better let those down slowly - if she suddenly dropped them she might injure herself.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Mama bear knows... this does not bode well for pool lady... The best way to approach this is to have everyone one else enter the pool area first wearing bikinis or whatever... but all less than what Atsali is wearing... all exposing more or way more than Atsali. Enter Atsali wearing a modest one piece and let the lady open her mouth, not knowing that Mama bear and Aunties are there... until it's too late.

EDIT: Even better... bring Tina along to do a reading after everyone else has had a go at her... I'm sure Pool lady has all kinds of skellies in her closet...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

The adults seem to be long on how things should be but short on advice for how things are. Atsali has to live in the real world of imperfect people/beings. Telling someone how the world and it's inhabitants should conduct themselves is pretty much meaningless. The truth is you pretty much just have to take it and move on. Although the comic here will probably have some sort of great event occur which will result in a fantasy world resolution, it rarely works that way in real life. Being small, people just don't take me seriously. Even when I get mad, I'm just still "cute" to people. I've found you just have to go with it and try to be sociable regardless, otherwise you become a parriah and nobody wants to be with you. Come Halloween though (and Christmas for that matter), can't nobody do adorable better than me! Well, ok maybe the little kids, but still ... Heck, I can even fit into some of the larger kid's costumes and pretty much all those for teens. :D
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
illiad

Post by illiad »

:D Miranda hart (TV series) had similar problems... :mrgreen:

the title is 'boob clap' lo quality, but only one I can find...
Last edited by illiad on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leak

Post by Leak »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Typo in Katherine's last speech - "your" where should be "you're".
Also - "It was hard to breathe" is missing the "e" at the end...
AnotherFairportfan

Leak wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Typo in Katherine's last speech - "your" where should be "you're".
Also - "It was hard to breathe" is missing the "e" at the end...
Poo.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Something just occurred to me... There are people who actually turn their computer OFF, at night???
:P