Psych 2015-03-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Psych 2015-03-16

Post by DilyV »

lake_wrangler wrote:
DilyV wrote: Pickle sees a situation and has to turn the gas on full and light a match knowing there will be fireworks.
A bit like this, you mean? :lol:
I always re-read my post after I submit it... and that's exactly what I thought of... No worse than Mama Kath though... Dropping an oil lamp in the powder magazine so to speak in the mine. Of course it was Atsali that landed them there. Question is... why did the handle burn Kath but not Atsali's hand?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Pickle has absolutely learnt the duties of a kid sister...

...and Panel One suggests she has been hanging out with Aunt Bud a bit too much.
Hair color (except black) is a bit hard to nail down in Wapsi Square, but I was wondering the same.

I've been waffling between blonde and light/medium brunette in my head canon.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

eee wrote:Atsali's facial markings are popping out more and more often. Like singing, this may be an aspect of herself she's going to have to learn to control...
Singing?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
sheik

Post by sheik »

Dennis the Menace MkII, Version F P
Can the world take it?
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Question is... why did the handle burn Kath but not Atsali's hand?
Atsali was holding the center (top) of the handle. It's possible that when she passed the lantern to Kath, Kath grabbed the side of the handle. This would have put her hand down right next to the top of the lantern itself... where the metal might be hot, and where there are vents which allow the hot air from inside the lantern to escape.

So, she might not have been burned by the handle, but by contact with the hot metal lid or by the hot "exhaust" from the lamp.

It's also possible that Atsali is immune to the pain of politics.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

So Castela is part jumping bean, too, it seems.

And still no confirmation on just who the caller was.
Dave wrote:(That kid's going to get herself chopped up for composting one of these days if she isn't careful!)
Well, many vines will actually turn into two separate plants if you cut the one plant in half. I'm not sure how Castela would take that, however. You might end up facing di-vine wrath if you tried it.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:(That kid's going to get herself chopped up for composting one of these days if she isn't careful!)
Well, many vines will actually turn into two separate plants if you cut the one plant in half. I'm not sure how Castela would take that, however. You might end up facing di-vine wrath if you tried it.
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
eee

Post by eee »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
eee wrote:Atsali's facial markings are popping out more and more often. Like singing, this may be an aspect of herself she's going to have to learn to control...
Singing?
Atsali is the child of a Siren and an Incubus. From the former she apparently got the power that, when she sings, as she demonstrated with Berndine, the result is immediate entrancement and sexual desire on the part of her listeners, with a few notable exceptions. So she doesn't sing.

From her father it would appear somehow she's gotten automatic combat skills and aggressiveness when startled, frightened, or angry. She's going to have to learn to keep herself under tight control. This may not be in the same league as Dr. Bruce Banner and why HE always tries to keep calm. But it's similar.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Pickle has absolutely learnt the duties of a kid sister...

...and Panel One suggests she has been hanging out with Aunt Bud a bit too much.
Hair color (except black) is a bit hard to nail down in Wapsi Square, but I was wondering the same.

I've been waffling between blonde and light/medium brunette in my head canon.
It's the overall face and expression that reminds me of Bud just before she rattles someone's cage.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

If indeed Castela has to suffer a good chopping up in the future, it might well be possible that - maybe given a quick scoop into her Pot along with a good sprinkle of water and maybe the appropriate compost, that she might be able to regenerate and reintegrate herself.

just say'n...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Methinks Castela is having way too much fun, here... :lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:Methinks Castela is having way too much fun, here... :lol:
Like i said - learning too much from Aunt Bud.

Including the exactly perfect innocent expression for when you slip the knife in.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.