Like OMG 2015-03-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
GlytchMeister

Re: Like OMG 2015-03-13

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hi Paul...

:(

Well, now I feel like a total git. Of course there was a good reason. Simply wanting a cliffhanger is a good enough reason, fer cryin' out loud. That's how series of things work.
But having a fever + kid has fever = you can do whatever you bl__dy well please, and we're going to have your back.

Well, I know I will, and I'm pretty sure a lot of the rest of us will too.
Sorry about my first post here. I was just expressing typical cliffhanger frustration.

Furthermore: I had not seen that pic until you posted it on the home page. So I probably would have missed out on that cuteness overload. So thanks, get well soon, and don't skimp on the NSAIDS.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

shadowinthelight wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:If my email is not pinging, either the 'phone is ringing or someone is darkening my door...
Hey now! That's vandalism!

So... what color are they darkening your door to?
"I see a red door and I want it painted black"
Any colour you like.

Best wishes to Paul & son for getting better real quick!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Yanno, sometimes I think we forget that this is Paul's place, and we're just guests who drop by for the nightly art exhibit and beer tasting festival.

Try to remember that, is all.
Absolutely.

If Paul did a week or reprinting old eBay images, i wouldn't complain.*

I'm not paying anything for this comic, which is one of my two or three favourite.

==============

* Out loud.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Get better Paul, you AND your boy- THAT's a direct order from the old Sgt.

... did somebody mention beerfest? AND I MISSED IT?!?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

illiad wrote: {private ryan} or something is FUBAR... If you have young ears, that's german!! :mrgreen: :roll:
Deutsch? Es glaupt Es Mir nicht- Und auch weiss Ich was "FUBAR" bedeuten!"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

oldmanmickey wrote:I dvred that epp of Elementary so havent seen it yet. covers ears and sing to block out spoilers.
Just whistle the haunting "Torgo's Theme", that'll drown most anything out.
Like your sanity, f'r instance.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jayessell wrote:Oversized Mammary Glands.
Daisy & Dairy...
Thor

Post by Thor »

Wapsi wrote:
Thor wrote:
TheOtherOne wrote: Naw. Paul throws these in for one reason. To make money. And at $127, he did pretty good with this one.
Yes, but he made that $127 back in January. Posting it now will do nothing to add to that amount. :|

We don't know why the image got posted today, but we do know it wasn't to sell the already-sold image.
Because both my son and I can down with a fever at the same time and both of us felt like complete shit. I felt trying to sleep might be in order.
And now we know. There was a reason, and it was a good one.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Thor wrote:Good thing we weren't waiting for answers or anything...
Nadette is crying because Atsali was critical of her fashion sense; the boy who is calling is Owen, wanting to ask Atsali for advice on clothing for seven-foot-tall girls; Dietzel has gotten a job as a work dog on an ant farm that the MiB had set up as a safe commune for miniature aliens, where he is doing okay; Tina is brewing some extra-cryptic coffee and looking creepily great whilst doing so; the squirrels are plotting as only squirrels can do; Naomi met up with Godot and they are currently living happily on the Big Rock Candy Mountain in El Dorado. That covers most of the important points, I think.
Leak

Post by Leak »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Deutsch? Es glaupt Es Mir nicht- Und auch weiss Ich was "FUBAR" bedeuten!"
Netter Versuch, aber verbesserungfähig... :)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Catawampus, you have saved the day!

PS, I wanted to append my previous post, although it stands alone, there is a Daisy Brand, er brand ,out here anyway and I suppose that's where my subconscious got it from...

http://daisybrand.com/daisy-brand-history

Atsali and her lil' critter-plant of a sister aren't quite Cultured yet, but a case for Grade A could be made...
illiad

Post by illiad »

Catawampus wrote:
Thor wrote:Good thing we weren't waiting for answers or anything...
Nadette is crying because Atsali was critical of her fashion sense; the boy who is calling is Owen, wanting to ask Atsali for advice on clothing for seven-foot-tall girls; Dietzel has gotten a job as a work dog on an ant farm that the MiB had set up as a safe commune for miniature aliens, where he is doing okay; Tina is brewing some extra-cryptic coffee and looking creepily great whilst doing so; the squirrels are plotting as only squirrels can do; Naomi met up with Godot and they are currently living happily on the Big Rock Candy Mountain in El Dorado. That covers most of the important points, I think.
No,it may be Kevin calling to find out why a certain girl never gets his messages???
Leak wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Deutsch? Es glaupt Es Mir nicht- Und auch weiss Ich was "FUBAR" bedeuten!"
Is he trying to say " I believe I know what FUBAR means " or something?? google translate is having problems with 'bad' german grammar??

I found "wer's glaubt wird selig" means "who believe it will be saved" ( from google)

BTW the german for FUBAR is " Bis zur Unkenntlichkeit gefickt " NOT safe for 'innocent ears'.. :P

What do you say in german to a kid who will not stop asking you what a rude word is?? say its 'martian' ??? :P :D
Last edited by illiad on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Yanno, sometimes I think we forget that this is Paul's place, and we're just guests who drop by for the nightly art exhibit and beer tasting festival.

Try to remember that, is all.
Absolutely.

If Paul did a week or reprinting old eBay images, i wouldn't complain.*

I'm not paying anything for this comic, which is one of my two or three favourite.

==============

* Out loud.
I send good karma your way, Paul & son.. But hey, how about a few photos to keep our hearts warm, while we are waiting??? :) :)
Leak

Post by Leak »

illiad wrote:
Leak wrote:
Is he trying to say " I believe I know what FUBAR means " or something?? google translate is having problems with 'bad' german grammar??
Literally translated it's kinda "German? It(sic!) doesn't believe me - and I too know what "FUBAR" means!"
I found "wer's glaubt wird selig" means "who believe it will be saved" ( from google)
It's basically a way of saying you don't believe someone - like saying "yeah, right..." in English. ("He who believeth in it will be saveth" - in the biblical fairytale sense.)
BTW the german for FUBAR is " Bis zur Unkenntlichkeit gefickt " NOT safe for 'innocent ears'.. :P
Eh... that's veeery German (the country moreso than the language); you wouldn't hear me use that sentence (can't vouch for todays youth, though) - I'd probably say something like "Es ist alles im Eimer/Arsch." ("It's all in/gone down the bucket/ass.")
What do you say in german to a kid who will not stop asking you what a rude word is?? say its 'martian' ??? :P :D
Considering I don't have kids and don't deal with them on a semi-regular basis - dunno. :)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Leak : yes... :D its been decades since I talked german, and no one to practice on!! :) the people I knew were very free-thinking, so... but the main comment on things going wrong was 'schon, schon...'' :D "lovely! >:( " or "Just great! >:(" in sarcastic english.... :E plus of course the usual swear words!! :) :)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"Es glaupt es Mir nicht" is translated "It is believed by me not"- this was before American grammar and syntax permeated the language.

Also- when I learned German, one did not utter "profane words", one would oath or say things like "stormy weather" (DONNERWETTER!!!"). In this country, a fellow hits his thumb with a hammer and yells "SHIT!", everybody understands- in German, hit your thumb with a hammer and yell "SHEISSE!" and people look on the ground and ask "Wo?" ("Where?")
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Also- when I learned German, one did not utter "profane words", one would oath or say things like "stormy weather" (DONNERWETTER!!!").
Yeah, oaths and imprecations tend to be very "cultural" and often don't translate well. I remember reading that in medieval France, "morte" ("death") was one of the worst, most unforgivable obscenities.

Then, there's the multi-sentient-race conversation I read years ago... I think it was in Anthony's "Prostho Plus"... something along the lines of

"Sir, the students have broken into your offce and are ransacking the storage files."
"Boiling oceans!" exclaimed Dean Oyster. "My files!!"
A red light lit on the Universal Translator, indicating a curse-word.
"Did he just say 'Gritty Oil'???" asked the robot, Its facial sensors slightly out of position...