All-Purpose Animal 2015-03-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: All-Purpose Animal 2015-03-09

Post by illiad »

KnightDelight wrote:And for once talking to someone's boobs is justified. No "my eyes are up here" comment would be appropriate.
LOL she needs a 'my tits are down here!! :) ' T-shirt! :D :D
Sgt. Howard wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:It's a good thing Nadette doesn't have hands right now because facepalming would mean slapping Atsali's butt in front of her grandmother.
... given where her voice is coming from, I would suspect the top of her boobs would be 'ground zero'
well, I guess her 'hands' are holding the boobs up, so 'facepalming' would slap them together!! :oops: :twisted: :D
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Given what happened with the sneeze we know Nadette's nose is buried in Sali's cleavage. As to her voice box being over a sensetive location that is a valid observation. Cue the music from "Good Vibrations."
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

Lily seems to be questioning why Nadette didn't grow wings or become a parachute or a jet pack and get them down that way. She may not realize there's a difference between being a shape shifter and Eugene the Magical Jeep.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Hmmm. Atsali's bra didn't survive the shift, either?

What's holding up her boobs?
At the moment, Nadette. :lol:
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Nadette ;)

or, more probably, Genetics :ugeek:

paranormal mumbo-jumbo aside, as a flying creature Atsali's got to have some decent pectoral (chest) muscles, and as a siren probably didn't have access to bra, showing the effects of gravity would be a 'negative' evolutionary (yeah, in a paranormal being :p) trait.

So, it's a logical assumption that through genetics selection + decent muscle tone underneath/behind, sirens boobs are more resistant to the effects of gravity than humans.

ps: as to the question, "Why didn't you, the all purpose animal change?" [into something that could fly/get both of you to the ground]

We have seen Nadette form clothes, change into a small balloon animal and a full sized cat-suit. We have not seen her change into anything - shape or fabric - that would be able to get Atsali to the ground safely.

Yes, Nadette would quite probably have been able to save herself from falling to her doom, but saving Atsali? I suspect that was beyond her shape-changing ability.

eg: A parachute. Even if Nadette could transform into something with such a large surface area, the thinness + strength of parachute fabric might be very hard to duplicate.

And even if Nadette might have been able to do so, I doubt she has ever had to. The only one of the two of them guaranteed to get both of them safely to the ground was Atsali - and with no idea if she was still wearing the talisman, the only guaranteed way of that was to do a 'full' transformation (unfortunately resulting in destruction of all her garment)

hmmm .... That means the form/s Atsali took during her big adventure with Katherine weren't a 'full' transformation. Now (nudity aside) I'm curious at to how much a 'full' transformation changes Atsali (size & shape)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

DilyV wrote:
Thor wrote:Compared to Lily, practically everyone on Earth is underage.

And's what's the big deal? Teenage girls wear each other's clothes all the time. :lol:
Right, but they don't wear each other AS clothes... See the difference? hehehe
They could, but it would get very messy.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I can see it coming. Lily is going to enforce the proper "treatment" for Nadette, both to deal with the immediate consequences of her behavior and to deter her from ever thinking about doing it again.

Full-body "feel-up". No underwear. Sweaty exertion on Alsali's part.

Yes, that "cat suit" is in need of a good laundering, decides Lily. I'll just toss this young bear-girl into the clothes washer and set it for "heavy duty" cycle. Hot water, soap to wash our her mouth... and plenty of bruin bleach.

(Tosses a copy of the chemistry-class instructional booklet "Our friend, the gentle redox reaction" into the Pun Jar)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Willpower.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Grantwhy wrote:hmmm .... That means the form/s Atsali took during her big adventure with Katherine weren't a 'full' transformation. Now (nudity aside) I'm curious at to how much a 'full' transformation changes Atsali (size & shape)
From the Minecart adventures, I recall a Full Siren Atsali (still pre-pubescent though) was at least seven feet tall with long bird legs.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

eee wrote:Lily seems to be questioning why Nadette didn't grow wings or become a parachute or a jet pack and get them down that way. She may not realize there's a difference between being a shape shifter and Eugene the Magical Jeep.

What portion(s) of Nadette?

I.e., where are Nadette's hands?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
sheik

Post by sheik »

After all this runaround with the talisman, I now have to wonder if it is more akin to Dumbo's Feather than a fail-safe.
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
eee wrote:Lily seems to be questioning why Nadette didn't grow wings or become a parachute or a jet pack and get them down that way. She may not realize there's a difference between being a shape shifter and Eugene the Magical Jeep.

What portion(s) of Nadette?

to find that out you will need to get a book from the library ' biological investigations into the properties and structure of metamorphic beings '
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

sheik wrote:After all this runaround with the talisman, I now have to wonder if it is more akin to Dumbo's Feather than a fail-safe.
It's entirely possible, but in the Wapsiverse there's a lot of magic-like stuff that's actually real tech.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:What portion(s) of Nadette?
to find that out you will need to get a book from the library ' biological investigations into the properties and structure of metamorphic beings '
If the question is even relevant in this case.

Her "hands" may be in the same place that a human's lap goes, when he/she stands up. "Lap" isn't so much a thing, as a configuration. The same may be true for an ursamorph's "hands", or even his/her gnaester if he/she has one at all.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Dave wrote:
illiad wrote:

Her "hands" may be in the same place that a human's lap goes, when he/she stands up. "Lap" isn't so much a thing, as a configuration. The same may be true for an ursamorph's "hands", or even his/her gnaester if he/she has one at all.
Ursamorphs seem to have a default configuration (the "ursa" part of ursamorphs) that they would revert to if the "morph" part was somehow nullified. Whether the ursa parts have a 1:1 correspondence to parts of the morphed configuration--either in actual terms or in the imagination of the ursamorph--remains to be seen.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Dave wrote:
illiad wrote:

*looking for a "like" button*
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
illiad

Post by illiad »

gnaester?? I thought that was spelled 'keester'... ??? or is it summat else???
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:gnaester?? I thought that was spelled 'keester'... ??? or is it summat else???
Different noun entirely.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:
illiad wrote:gnaester?? I thought that was spelled 'keester'... ??? or is it summat else???
Different noun entirely.
do explain... :)