Dead End 2015-02-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Dead End 2015-02-25

Post by Grantwhy »

scantrontb wrote:oh well, there go THOSE Moxana Points's...
It could be worse, you could have put castlemarks on it ;)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
illiad

Post by illiad »

scantrontb wrote:oh well, there go THOSE Moxana Points's... i do hope the A.M. Bomb doesn't do TOO much damage to Mapimi... though I'll say it again: we still DON'T KNOW that they were really, in fact, ACTUALLY there! they could be in the jungles of Peru, or the Gobi Desert for all that it matters, as we have not seen anyone say that THIS place IS the SAME as the place that got BLOWN UP by Thup. we are just ASSUMING it is... granted, Occam's Razor means that we should go with that, until proven otherwise, but still... if it WAS the same place, then how many Rem's did those two absorb in the time they were running around there?
well... the good thing about antimatter, is it does not need radioactivity... just good containment...
Thor

Post by Thor »

illiad wrote:
scantrontb wrote:oh well, there go THOSE Moxana Points's... i do hope the A.M. Bomb doesn't do TOO much damage to Mapimi... though I'll say it again: we still DON'T KNOW that they were really, in fact, ACTUALLY there! they could be in the jungles of Peru, or the Gobi Desert for all that it matters, as we have not seen anyone say that THIS place IS the SAME as the place that got BLOWN UP by Thup. we are just ASSUMING it is... granted, Occam's Razor means that we should go with that, until proven otherwise, but still... if it WAS the same place, then how many Rem's did those two absorb in the time they were running around there?
well... the good thing about antimatter, is it does not need radioactivity... just good containment...
Electron-positron annihilation produces a crapload of gamma radiation, which is very not-good for the body.
sheik

Post by sheik »

Look at the surface over which the detonation occurred.
That is definitely _not_ Central Mexico. It's either a lake or a very calm sea with what looks like some land in the distance.
Of course that may mean the bomb was displaced quite some distance prior to detonation and our intrepid pair just ejected into the desert at Mapimi, if indeed that is where they started.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I get the feeling that once this is over, Atsali will want to have a long talk with Nadette, which will involved, among others, things like personal space, and PDA (Personal Displays of Affection)... :P
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Thor wrote:Electron-positron annihilation produces a crapload of gamma radiation, which is very not-good for the body.
Did you already know that, or have you just been reading Grrl Power?

Meanwhile, Happy Friday, everyone!!! ...Wait just a moment. ... It's not Friday?!? Well, I guess that means two days of glamor shots.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

illiad wrote:well... the good thing about antimatter, is it does not need radioactivity... just good containment...
PRIOR to the explosion... IF they were at the site of the original crystal storage facility that got destroyed, but just in another portion of the facility, then they picked up a lot of rads.... OR... NONE at all because that detonation was a fake as well. Remember, enough conventional explosives going off at the same time will make a mushroom cloud JUST like the one we saw, and we only have SDO's word that it was a nuke...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:I can only assume that Nadette found the Martin-Baker... but how much will be left behind to examine? (of the site, not the two girls)... meanwhile, what severe scolding will these two face after THESE shenanigans? And will Dietzel ever be returned to normal size? And don't forget Bud's got the lonelys (as well as Tina). And will Cricket get her act together?

... stay tuned...
...and what about Naomi?
... uh... she's here with me... and sends her regards...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Thor wrote:
illiad wrote:
Electron-positron annihilation produces a crapload of gamma radiation, which is very not-good for the body.
And certainly doesn't turn that body into a ten foot tall green slab of muscle and rage.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
eee

Post by eee »

Wheeee!!!

I suspect Nadette steered them into some sort of ejection capsule and hit the trigger, and the girls were safely a mile up or several miles away when things went "Boom". Three things, though. First, the background of the room looks Unfinished Industrial; not at all like the cushions and flat surfaces you'd want in a capsule where people might be bouncing around a lot. Second, I would have thought, unless the room went sideways, that she'd have instructed Atsali to lie down so gravity and acceleration wouldn't snap her arms and legs under her own weight. And that Nadette'd have laid down beside her and not on top of her so HER weight didn't crush her crush. And third, if they ARE way high up, or hurling sideways through the air, I REALLY hope the room has a good landing system. Much better than that of a flying ore cart. Because otherwise, they may be about to die when they hit the ground and all that velocity comes to a sudden end.

Of course it might be that the room just ejected THEM, not itself. That might make more sense. In which case they're way high up, probably wind-burned and blasted, Atsali's clothes are in tatters or gone from the rush of air, and Nadette is depending on 'Sali to be able to fly them back down for them to live.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

oldmanmickey wrote:swamp gas, that excuse always works.
Of course it does.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

oldmanmickey wrote:swamp gas, that excuse always works.
"All right, Beatrice, there was no alien. The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Aleister Crow wrote:
Thor wrote:
illiad wrote:
And certainly doesn't turn that body into a ten foot tall green slab of muscle and rage.
Ten feet tall, no, not really. But rage/anger is normal when exposed to a lethal dose, as well as turning green; and a slab is definitely in your future as well.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dr. Otter wrote:
Thor wrote:Electron-positron annihilation produces a crapload of gamma radiation, which is very not-good for the body.
Did you already know that, or have you just been reading Grrl Power?

Meanwhile, Happy Friday, everyone!!! ...Wait just a moment. ... It's not Friday?!? Well, I guess that means two days of glamor shots.
Grrrl Power? Nah... look no farther than the Incredible Hulk!

*sings* Doc Bruce Banner, belted by gamma rays, turns in to the Hulk..."

*tosses a cadmium control rod into the Pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Catawampus

Re: Derp End 2015-02-25

Post by Catawampus »

JSStryker wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Thor wrote:You know, Nadette, it would be a lot easier to hold on, and a lot easier for Atsali to hold on, if you--I don't know--used your bleeding powers for something other than wardrobe changes? :roll:
Tentacles!
Nah I've seen enough tentacles to know where that goes! :D
And we already know that Atsali does not approve of even the most ladylike of tentacles.
sheik wrote:It's either a lake or a very calm sea with what looks like some land in the distance.
Or the glassy melted surface of where Bud had previously vented her wrath after the first Mapimi explosion.
lake_wrangler wrote:I get the feeling that once this is over, Atsali will want to have a long talk with Nadette, which will involved, among others, things like personal space, and PDA (Personal Displays of Affection)... :P
" 'Sali's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest; when Nady drops by, her furry ears attest: they pop in and out, and in and out. . ."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:" 'Sali's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest; when Nady drops by, her furry ears attest: they pop in and out, and in and out. . ."
Oh, great. Just what I needed... another pet earworm to feed... :lol:
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dave wrote:
Catawampus wrote:" 'Sali's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest; when Nady drops by, her furry ears attest: they pop in and out, and in and out. . ."
Oh, great. Just what I needed... another pet earworm to feed... :lol:
Just like those little bumper cars of old my mind is just buzzing along hits comments like that and boom, off down a new path. I had just made it back from the tentacle path to.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

eee wrote:Wheeee!!!

I suspect Nadette steered them into some sort of ejection capsule and hit the trigger, and the girls were safely a mile up or several miles away when things went "Boom". Three things, though. First, the background of the room looks Unfinished Industrial; not at all like the cushions and flat surfaces you'd want in a capsule where people might be bouncing around a lot. Second, I would have thought, unless the room went sideways, that she'd have instructed Atsali to lie down so gravity and acceleration wouldn't snap her arms and legs under her own weight. And that Nadette'd have laid down beside her and not on top of her so HER weight didn't crush her crush. And third, if they ARE way high up, or hurling sideways through the air, I REALLY hope the room has a good landing system. Much better than that of a flying ore cart. Because otherwise, they may be about to die when they hit the ground and all that velocity comes to a sudden end.

Of course it might be that the room just ejected THEM, not itself. That might make more sense. In which case they're way high up, probably wind-burned and blasted, Atsali's clothes are in tatters or gone from the rush of air, and Nadette is depending on 'Sali to be able to fly them back down for them to live.
I'm hoping the wall did the trick from the Thunderbirds TV show :geek:
(wall flips up, person(s) end up going down a slide head first to a vehicle bay etc)

I know that is *NOT* going to be what happened, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it to happen :D

I'm going going to guess that part of the wall becomes a one person ejection pod. Where it goes, how it gets there is a mystery to me.

What I do know is that would:

a) leave Atsali & Nadette alive
b) in a location that no-one will be looking for them straight away
c) there is a chance that the ejection pod won't open (not safe, not working etc)
d) eaving them stuck in close proximity to each other
e) I've seen James Bond movies that ended with that kind of scenario :shock:
f) witty remark from Nadette
g) screen fads to black as the theme music starts
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Thread your arms into these convenient restraints while I shove my face into your chest!! THERE'S NO TIME TO EXPLAIN!!!"
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)