Got This 2015-01-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Got This 2015-01-29

Post by Dave »

Atsali: Ok, let's find the source of that signal.
Nadette: Shouldn't we wait until they get back with information and supplies?
Atsali: No, they could be gone for hours. We can at least do some recon while we wait. What do we have to work with?
Nadette: Well, there's not much here. I see a couple of sharp-edged stones we can use as hand-axes. And, it looks like Tsillah dropped her bottle of that blue cosmetic dye she uses on her face markings... we can put some on ourselves as camouflage.
Atsali: Great, we're all set! Rock and woad!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

shadowinthelight wrote:Yes the site has been wonky all night.
Mapimi and/or the MiB must be trying to block us from learning whatever secrets Atsali and Nadette are about to uncover!
michaelbirks wrote:Accent-wise, is Atsali channeling Euryale?
Hmmm, Atsali becoming more like Euryale. There's a thought to chill the blood!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Why am i having flashback to a travel agent in Independence Missouri telling Charles T. Stanton, "yes sir i got you traveling rights with a wonderful little party of farm folk heading to the great state of California. The journey west usually takes between five and six months but i got a good feeling about this group, i bet they shave at lest a month off. Come on out at let me introduce you to the Donner party."
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

AmriloJim wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Well, this is a woman who dropped her first-born into a lava flow for a bath.
... and apparently used a bronze brush on her as a loofah.
For an immortal bouncing baby girl this is perfectly normal. The only problem was that her first word was magma.

Drops a working model of Krakatoa into the jar. This may cause a major case of heartburn you know.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

This morning (EST) the site was loading okay; now it's slow as hell again.

I've noticed the site taking forever to load several times over the past few days. Mostly, when I've come back later, it's been okay.

At first I thought the site I was jumping from might be hanging up, but that does not seem to be the case.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

AmriloJim wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Well, this is a woman who dropped her first-born into a lava flow for a bath.
Well they had to get the basalt out of Nudge's fur somehow.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Typeminer wrote:This morning (EST) the site was loading okay; now it's slow as hell again.

I've noticed the site taking forever to load several times over the past few days. Mostly, when I've come back later, it's been okay.

At first I thought the site I was jumping from might be hanging up, but that does not seem to be the case.
TOP TEN REASONS WHY WS is DOWN-
10) Al Gore signed on as advisor to website
9) Reubius Hagrid ATE the carrier
8) Atsali visited the control room and distracted the übergeeks
7) George Bush signed on as advisor to web site
6) Michael Moore did a documentary on it
5) Ronald Weasly attempted to adjust the equipment with his broken wand from "Chamber of Secrets"
4) Monica visited the control room and distracted the übereeks
3) Obama did it
2) Sarah Palin did it
1) Atsali and Nadette visited the control room- Nadette jumped Atsali's bones and the übergeeks suffered cranial meltdown
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Hmp. I was really hoping that the comic would be posted here since the main site was down.

Is it posted anywhere else? Can someone hook a brother up?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Thor wrote:Hmp. I was really hoping that the comic would be posted here since the main site was down.

Sorry to say son- ain't NOBODY reading it just yet
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Thor wrote:Hmp. I was really hoping that the comic would be posted here since the main site was down.

Paul started the new thread with the comic.
notStanley

Post by notStanley »

RE: site down

Been seeing a lot of those comments, but by the time I am ready to read it during lunch (between 12:00 and 13:00 PST) there have been no problems with Firefox.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AmriloJim wrote:
That whole scenario would probably be rather amusing to watch. From a safe distance.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Catawampus wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
That whole scenario would probably be rather amusing to watch. From a safe distance.
2 light years most likely.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.