Take out the Trash 2015-01-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Take out the Trash 2015-01-22

Post by AmriloJim »

'Sali reminds me of a certain WWII motivational poster... here's my version.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

There are a number of ways a female could be 'Seal trained'. Basically we are not to sneak up on this gal and surprise her, m'kay? ;)

Personally, I don't think that 'Skully' is dead, again. I'm going to find out Monday that it's able to recover and reincorporate itself and there will be some exposition, in fact I'll bet one case of Chocolate Croissants for the Confusion Corner that Skully becomes the equivalent of 'Native Guide'.

maybe.

(edited fer typos...)
Last edited by TazManiac on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
illiad

Post by illiad »

scantrontb wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:sorry to butt in, but :P

to my mind "navy seals trained" is not the same as "is a navy seal"

;)
true as for the semantics of the sentence, but i agree with the Sgt... trained "as a seal" implicitly implies that she is undergoing said training, given by Official Seal Trainers, therefore she would only be allowed to attend the courses by being enlisted to BECOME a Seal... ergo G.I. Jane... the Demi Moore movie about a female Seal... not sure if it was based on a true story, or if it was pure Hollywood, but... a quick Google search shows the Navy Seal and Army Ranger programs will, in theory be open to females sometime in late 2015/16... so i'm not sure how to take this, is she just a well trained Martial Artist, and doesn't want to whack somebody by accident? or have they opened up training early and she's one of them?
erm, if you weren't listening properly, she was trained by her husband, and did active service along side him for blue cross in Angola during the 70's..

she is still active enough to frighten on-comers, when this 'old lady' has them pinned to the floor in 2 seconds!!! :P :D :D :lol:
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

illiad wrote:erm, if you weren't listening properly, she was trained by her husband, and did active service along side him for blue cross in Angola during the 70's..

she is still active enough to frighten on-comers, when this 'old lady' has them pinned to the floor in 2 seconds!!! :P :D :D :lol:
i thought you were talking about the reference to the Popeye / Mammy reference from the post just prior to yours about Mammy being old and can lip-read... and nowhere did you say anything about her husband training her or going to Angola...

no biggie, not really that important... let's continue on...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
illiad

Post by illiad »

no problem :)