Take out the Trash 2015-01-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Take out the Trash 2015-01-22

Post by Grantwhy »

Some nice shadow work on the first and second panels. 8-)

Love Atsali sticking her tongue out during her wind up. :D

Random though: Is it just me or is the skull creature taking to much of a beating to be a 'random/no-name' monster? I'll even go so far as to suggest that if 'Skully' was a bad guy/villain, the fight would be a lot shorter (one way or another). I suspect that 'Skully' is actually someone sent by the Library (and/or MIB) to help :shock:

The 'slapstick' nature of today's page also has me thinking, that's not a bad guy (or gal) getting beat up?

That or the fact that it is 5.00 pm and I'm having my first coffee for the day is making me see things :lol:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

This may be leftover Ethetian stuff, or her Incubus heritage manifesting, or a weird synergetic combination...but let's all remember, it's not necessarily an entirely good thing. Depends on several factors, most critical of which is how in control of it she is.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

There are Glyphs radiating in the glow from her hand...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:There are Glyphs radiating in the glow from her hand...
Nah - just random sparklies:

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Humm both the others take off running, one because shes seen whats about to happen the other because shes afraid she knows who it is. Atsali breaks out a 55 gallon drum full of whip ass on who ever it is. Please do not let this be Charon because this is not gonna make a good first impression.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

oldmanmickey wrote:Humm both the others take off running, one because shes seen whats about to happen the other because shes afraid she knows who it is. Atsali breaks out a 55 gallon drum full of whip ass on who ever it is. Please do not let this be Charon because this is not gonna make a good first impression.
It's an impression (or three), all right. Good or bad? That's the question.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
sheik

Post by sheik »

Prester Fred wrote:This may be leftover Ethetian stuff, or her Incubus heritage manifesting, or a weird synergetic combination...but let's all remember, it's not necessarily an entirely good thing. Depends on several factors, most critical of which is how in control of it she is.
It may not be "left over", it may be a set of skills common to the Ethetians that are now hers to command.
We may be looking at the stuff (or its heritage, something developed from surviving fragments of knowledge) needed to create the likes of the Chimera.
captnq

Post by captnq »

Aed wrote:Is that astral fire in frames two and three? :shock:
Is that tar dripping from the skull in frame four or a skin of evil.
Actually, I was thinking the same thing. Specifically that black stuff Monica fought about a year or so ago inside Georgette's head/Demon space.
Cortanis

Post by Cortanis »

So theory time. Atsali effectively had the software for the storage system/computer system downloaded to her brain and apparently had significant data retention. My theory is that since she has returned "home" in this case that she has received an area sensitive "upgrade" similar to Phix and her location to the library.

This also leads to another question on this path. She had the software downloaded to her brain. Part of that software included language and written language conversion software to translate the message that they were originally greeted with in the room to different languages. Does this effectively mean that Atsali can read and/or write glyph?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Yes Sali has the entire Ethian(sp?) civilization downloaded into her head. But most of it was erased by the library as well shortly after that. Now people are assuming the Sali actually had enough control over the information to make choices about what she kept or discarded. I kind of doubt that. Shortly after getting the download she went into information overload and almost had her mind burned out. I really doubt she was looking at the information and making rational choices about it. I also doubt the library gave her a whole lot of choice about keeping anything. Also she herself wanted that information gone.

Now I do admit that it makes a very nice source to explain any new or unusual skills she shows up with but let's not go overboard about it. For instance she now doubt gained a whole lot of information about the sex life and practices, good and bad, from an entire culture. I think that would draw a teenagers attention a whole lot more that any kind of martial arts now wouldn't it.

The skeleton is part of Charon's crew who are still dealing with all the deformed souls let loose in the area. This one was probably the groups medic.

Wait for it?

Charon walks in the room. "What the heck is going on Bones?"

Bones: "How would I know Char! I'm a doctor, not a baseball!"

Drop a trek t-shirt into the jar in remorse.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Given the facial decorations Atsali is sporting in that second-to-last panel, I'd say it's her father showing through. I wouldn't be surprised if, shouldb she decide to manifest her wings, they would be more bat-like than usual.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

zachariah wrote:Yes Sali has the entire Ethian(sp?) civilization downloaded into her head. But most of it was erased by the library as well shortly after that.
Erased? Nah. She remembers almost everything, but not as noisy as first.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
eee

Re: Fake out the Trash 2015-01-22

Post by eee »

HOLY CRABAPPLES!!! :shock:
Thor wrote:Am I the only one who is freaked that she suddenly has magic powerfists? It's not something I expect from sirens nor succubi/incubi. Is she another "hidden uber-monster", like Monica, or Shelley, or Tina, or Justin, or . . .
It's not just powerfists. Atsali has glowy eyes, facial markings, and supernatural quickness. She couldn't have known the skull would detach, bounce off the walls, and come back at her, she's reacting to its flight and powering up for the finishing blow faster than normal people could think. This is Shelly "hang drink in air, clock the three yokals, pick drink back up before it falls too far" level ability.

I wonder where it comes from.

I recall Shelly freaked out when she realized she was a superhero. I wonder how Atsali will react to being a paranormal paranormal.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:There are Glyphs radiating in the glow from her hand...
They're not Lanthian Glyphs, but I do believe you may be right.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

DAY-ummm!!!
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Well it was an attack yesterday, not a mistake like hitting Tsillah some time before. This thing is malevolent. I've never met a Siren so I have no idea what their innate abilities are so who knows if this isn't natural to her heritage. Maybe she's sparred Shelly and Monica which sure would explain her prowess. Yeah, she missed her chance to shout KAAAAAAMEEEEEEHAAAAAAMEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol:
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

My Ma was not one to try and scare, as her first impulse was to punch out whatever surprised her. Same with Atsali Sirena "Smackdown" Gilchrist here. At least when we describe her as "Busty" after this, we can also use it to refer to her fighting ability, as that was a really good rap in the chops right there!
illiad

Post by illiad »

well a friend of mine is navy seals trained, so she warns us not to surprise her!!! :o :o
donoho

Post by donoho »

Grantwhy wrote:Some nice shadow work on the first and second panels. 8-)

Love Atsali sticking her tongue out during her wind up. :D

Random though: Is it just me or is the skull creature taking to much of a beating to be a 'random/no-name' monster? I'll even go so far as to suggest that if 'Skully' was a bad guy/villain, the fight would be a lot shorter (one way or another). I suspect that 'Skully' is actually someone sent by the Library (and/or MIB) to help :shock:

The 'slapstick' nature of today's page also has me thinking, that's not a bad guy (or gal) getting beat up?

That or the fact that it is 5.00 pm and I'm having my first coffee for the day is making me see things :lol:
Last time I checked, (real) bad guys don't get stars when they're knocked silly. I think Skully is neutral/good.
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

"Note to fellow demons: DON'T MESS WITH THE BUXOM GALS. The 8-ball T-shirt isn't just cute, it's a warning."