Brian Clemens, created TV "Avengers", dead at 83

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Brian Clemens, created TV "Avengers", dead at 83

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

The Guardian wrote:The screenwriter and producer Brian Clemens, responsible for hit shows including The Avengers, The New Avengers and The Professionals, has died aged 83. His son George said he died in hospital in London on Saturday.
BBC wrote:George Clemens said his father had been working with him and his brother Samuel on a horror film.
"The last thing he did for me was with a problem with the script and he had a wonderful solution for," he said.

Samuel Clemens told the BBC the last thing Brian did before he died was watch an episode of The Avengers.

"His last words were: I did quite a good job," said Samuel.
He also wrote The Watcher in the Woods and Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter, which are fun, if flawed, films.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Re: Brian Clemens, created TV "Avengers", dead at 83

Post by Catawampus »

I used to have the entirety of the show (but not the movie that didn't come out in the late 90's and didn't star Fiennes and Thurman because that movie never happened) on VHS tapes. It was good silly fun. I wonder if it has been put on DVD yet.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:I used to have the entirety of the show (but not the movie that didn't come out in the late 90's and didn't star Fiennes and Thurman because that movie never happened) on VHS tapes. It was good silly fun. I wonder if it has been put on DVD yet.
Yup. There's a 16-DVD, 51-episode "Emma Peel Megaset" boxed set, released in 2013. $50 list, $43.21 from my preferred online vendor for such things (cdconnection.com), less than that if you buy it through WalMart :|
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:
Catawampus wrote:I used to have the entirety of the show (but not the movie that didn't come out in the late 90's and didn't star Fiennes and Thurman because that movie never happened) on VHS tapes. It was good silly fun. I wonder if it has been put on DVD yet.
Yup. There's a 16-DVD, 51-episode "Emma Peel Megaset" boxed set, released in 2013. $50 list, $43.21 from my preferred online vendor for such things (cdconnection.com), less than that if you buy it through WalMart :|
Heh. That used to list for well over a hundred bucks.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.