Did You Hear That 2015-01-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Did You Hear That 2015-01-07

Post by zachariah »

This sounds familiar.

First Sali says I'm not going there. Lily agrees. Sali suspects she is being kept away.

ANOTHER ADVENTURE BEGINS!!!

Hopefully Nadette points out the fuzzy thinking in this idea and does not get dragged along with Sali.

WHEE 2 in a row!!!!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Yamara

Re: Did You Hear That 2015-01-07

Post by Yamara »

Whatsamatter, Nadette? Didn't see that one coming?

...Atsali knows what's down there. And she's been keeping quiet about it this entire time.

Hm. There was discussion about what would happen if the Nu Gui was no longer around to direct the plans it set in motion. I think this has got to be one of them, left to act on its own.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Nadette has that wtf look on her face. lol
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
elanora

Post by elanora »

From Phix, or a handful of others, I would have pegged this as Xanatos-level reverse psychology... But this... this just seems like Atsali taking soaring flights of assumption.
Dave

Post by Dave »

For it is written, that the best way to persuade a teenager to do something, is to forbid him/her to do it.

Both "It's too dangerous" and "You are not old/wise/careful enough" are amazingly effective tactics.

The real question: has it truly been so long since Lily was (or dealt with) teens, that she really didn't anticipate this outcome?
michaelbirks

Post by michaelbirks »

elanora wrote:From Phix, or a handful of others, I would have pegged this as Xanatos-level reverse psychology... But this... this just seems like Atsali taking soaring flights of assumption.
I wouldn't call it Xanatos level. As Dave points out, this is just an episode of 'How to train your teenager'.

Can Phix lock down the Library? If so, she could stop Atsali cold. Yes, IIRC, the Library is sentient but it has a chosen Guardian for a reason.

Unless it takes a direct hand, Phix (Atsali's, um, Honourary Grand Aunt, by shortest route, I think) could stop Atasli from going by moral and physical authority alone. OTOH, Phix is the second - possibly first, now - ranked puppet master in the 'Verse.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Love it. Panel 1: "I'm not going back there." Panel 3: "JK I'm totally going back there." :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Apart from the sneaky teenager drama bit, is that what you call speaking out of both corners of your mouth?
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Apart from the sneaky teenager drama bit, is that what you call speaking out of both corners of your mouth?
Figuratively, I suppose so. Although, "speaking out of both sides of your mouth" usually implies deliberate hypocracy. I don't think that's what's going on here... I think Atsali just did a really fast 180-degree spin in attitude. Maybe she's been taking lessons in "Bootlegger turns" from Pablo?

Literally, no, not both sides of her mouth... she was speaking quite frontally and forwardly in both cases.

With fangs, too... she shifted a bit towards her combat morph, but didn't do the full Warbird number. I wonder whether that's thanks to the talisman's shape-stabilizing influence... and, if so, whether the talisman could prove to be a liability to Atsali if she ever needed to switch to her raptor form in a dangerous situation.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I am thinking it doesnt realy kee.p her from changing form just keeps it from being visible unless its really strong. Thus the partial visibility
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Nadette... please... smack some sense into Atsali.

I think that look on Nadette's face could be the result of seeing how badly this is going to go. Bad thing is, like Katherine, I don't think Nadette is going to be able to say no quick enough nor enough times.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

oldmanmickey wrote:Nadette has that wtf look on her face. lol
It may be her "Oh, that is what that part of the prophesy meant" look.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Thor

Post by Thor »

zachariah wrote:
Hopefully Nadette points out the fuzzy thinking in this idea and does not get dragged along with Sali.
I think Nadette is smitten enough that she'd want to go along with Atsali, even if she knew it was a bad idea.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Apart from the sneaky teenager drama bit, is that what you call speaking out of both corners of your mouth?
Figuratively, I suppose so. Although, "speaking out of both sides of your mouth" usually implies deliberate hypocracy. I don't think that's what's going on here... I think Atsali just did a really fast 180-degree spin in attitude. Maybe she's been taking lessons in "Bootlegger turns" from Pablo?

Literally, no, not both sides of her mouth... she was speaking quite frontally and forwardly in both cases.

With fangs, too... she shifted a bit towards her combat morph, but didn't do the full Warbird number. I wonder whether that's thanks to the talisman's shape-stabilizing influence... and, if so, whether the talisman could prove to be a liability to Atsali if she ever needed to switch to her raptor form in a dangerous situation.
sooooo.... where is the forked tongue???? :D :P
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

oldmanmickey wrote:Nadette has that wtf look on her face. lol
To me, her look says, "We're going where?"
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I think i remember being that young, once.

About fifty years ago.

I think i remember...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Oh, and also congrats to Atsali for finally getting your shirt on straight again. For the last five installments, she's had it twisted so hard to the right that the number was facing the camera when the rest of her was in profile. No wonder she was grouchy at both Jacob and Lilly! No matter how stretchy that cloth is, she had to have felt quite a pinch.
michaelbirks

Post by michaelbirks »

oldmanmickey wrote:I am thinking it doesnt realy kee.p her from changing form just keeps it from being visible unless its really strong. Thus the partial visibility
I imagine a "Well made" magick item would also sense intent. Emotionl spike from blowing your stack at Gramma? Damping Effect.
Deliberate "It's Morphin' Time" in preperation for combat, Change-ho!

Probably a self-preservation override, too: like when being tumbled out of a cliff with your adventure-buddy/soon to be mother.

At least, in _well_made_ magicka.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

In The Wotch, there are werewolves.

When one is born, he/she magically receives an amulet in the form of a green four-leaf-clover-shaped pendant, which allows them to control their wolf side.

(The link above is actually to the middle of a storyline, but it's the beginning of the story of where the amulets come from.)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:Nadette... please... smack some sense into Atsali.

I think that look on Nadette's face could be the result of seeing how badly this is going to go. Bad thing is, like Katherine, I don't think Nadette is going to be able to say no quick enough nor enough times.
Agreed. At that point Sali needs a really good dope slap to the back of the head! If that doesn't work reach for the clue-by-four.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.