Shelly Wahnee by Paul Taylor

Keep your eye on this spot for the latest info for original Wapsi Square art and other merchandise.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Shelly Wahnee by Paul Taylor

Post by Jabberwonky »

'Nuther Shelly pic from Paul. Very nice...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
TazManiac

Re: Shelly Wahnee by Paul Taylor

Post by TazManiac »

I miss the original Regulars, couldn't we see a big get together, at the ol' watering hole, say for New Years?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

They've "outgrown" Darren's place. It kinda struck me that he was being "written out" of the story after M's last visit to the place.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Well, yeah, I know, I know- but maybe for something like a New Year's Reunion er summp'n...

er summp'n...
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

jwhouk wrote:They've "outgrown" Darren's place. It kinda struck me that he was being "written out" of the story after M's last visit to the place.
Which seemed dumb to me. You don't outgrow your favorite watering hole, and you surely never outgrow the need for some sage advice. I'm sure Monica could have used a lot of that from Darren recently.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The Cerberus Club is their "place" nowadays. And there was a bit of drama there last time.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

All the more reason for them to return to Darrens.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

I hate nightclubs.

I don't believe they're actually a place you can just chill out and relax. Sure you can have fun there, but it's wild and hectic and everyone is gyrating and screaming and drinking far too expensive drinks(not that most of the Wapsi girls can't afford it.)

Let me put it this way, in a club setting the thing that happened between Monica and... see I almost forgot her name aside from just 'Jet'. It wouldn't have gotten the chance to go down like that in the cornerside bar kind of atmosphere that Darren's place had. As soon as she started to make Monica cry, Darren would have intervened. If Jet refused to tone it down, she would have been told to get the hell out of the bar. In a big ol' club the music is blaring, no one notices or probably even gives a damn aside from Monica's friends, or at the time friend.

I'm also wondering why Acacia didn't butt in. Hell I know the whole Monica-Kevin-Jet thing went the way that Paul wanted it to, no matter what we thought of it. But it felt wrong, horrible. It felt manipulative to the ninth degree. So why didn't the blondie with the power to move mountains at least get in real close and give Jet a little bit of an attitude? Maybe it's just the kind of watering holes I go to, but if a friend starts just crying right in the middle of the place while someone is fawning over them like a cat with a ball of yarn, no one just sits there and watches.

Won't deny that we've not seen anything remotely like a "bad relationship" in Wapsi Square yet, I can only hope that's what this all leads to. Friends too weak or scared to keep it from happening, and Monica ends up learning a very important lesson.

I miss Darren's place.