Anything I Can Do 2014-12-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Anything I Can Do 2014-12-17

Post by DilyV »

I'm beginning to wonder just what that talisman does there Nadette... Intended or unintended circumstances? Judging from the look on Nadette's face, I would be inclined to say unintended...

What are the chances that 'Sali is using Jacob as a foil to get closer to Nadette but is still too naïve to see that Nadette has the hots for her? I don't think that possibility has been looked at yet. Granted, maybe Jacob was the apple of her eye at first, but since meeting da bearz, she's actually spent more time with Nadette. This could be planned, or it could just be another unintended consequence but it's going to come to a head soon... I'd say somewhere abouts oh, say, Friday?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I'd add a third possibility.

At Atsali's age, a lot of kids know what's going on but have a hard time seeing when it involves *them*.

(The same remains true of some people for quite a long time.)

It's why the story of two people each desperately trying to catch the other one's attention is such a common cliche that TVTropes has to cut it up.

I think Atsali is aware of homosexuality but hasn't yet considered that a girl might be interested in HER. So she doesn't realize how much she is torturing Nadette.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Warrl wrote:At Atsali's age, a lot of kids know what's going on but have a hard time seeing when it involves *them*.
Ermagurd, there were so many moments in high school I wish I could have gotten a do-over on because of the truthfulness of that statement. Shauna, Heather, Bethany...
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Warrl wrote:At Atsali's age, a lot of kids know what's going on but have a hard time seeing when it involves *them*.
Ermagurd, there were so many moments in high school I wish I could have gotten a do-over on because of the truthfulness of that statement. Shauna, Heather, Bethany...
Just one i wish i could - while i was in college in 1972.

Rebecca ... sigh.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Opus the Poet wrote:
DilyV wrote:EDIT: Wait... wut? Take a close look at that last panel... That appears to be Atsali's arm... on the opposite side of Nadette, extending... down... out of the...

Nadette: ATSALI!!!! Is th-that your h-hand on m-my butt?

*Cue earboner* SCHWING!!!!!!!
Well, then maybe Atsali isn't as naive/oblivious as we thought.
Well she is a siren after all . . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?