So Much Better 2014-12-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
bdgoodfriend

Re: So Much Better 2014-12-12

Post by bdgoodfriend »

Define "OK" :D :D :D :D :D
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Drakkenmensch wrote:Wait, does yesterday's comic mean she could "reboot" herself sober within a few seconds if it was necessary?
Maybe so, maybe no. First it is quiet possible Tina did not have the flu at all. What she was going through was accumulated fatigue from not rebooting the body often enough. Tina is now learning to cope with emotions and feelings she has not had before since Bia fixed her. While Demons understand the emotions they only understand the one they represent. Now having them effect all the demons they can get confused by they and don't know how to handle them. Once the body rebooted the surge of well being led to a state of euphoria. That led to the drinking and wild sense of humor. Until Tina learns to cope with the new feelings she will have other days like this and rapid mood swings and emotional surges.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

I too am pleased that Shelly and Bia's relationship has reached the point where they can be in the same room without Shelly - or Connie - attempting to punch her out.
JCfromNC wrote:
Dave wrote:I don't know which made me laugh harder... a pie-eyed Tina, or Bia's new headband decoration. :lol:
I was a tiny bit disappointed that Bia's headband wasn't more like a certain green-haired woman's headband.
She should borrow it! Zeetha's not using it at the moment!
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Is the implication here that Tina couldn't get sick, drunk, etc. before Bia whammied her? Other comics have shown either a need for or effects of other mundane human activity - weight gain from yummy scones, enjoying pizza, agreeing to be Monica's workout partner (and presumably getting in better shape), needing to brush her teeth, etc. And if that's the case, if what Bia did has made Tina more human foisting on her whatever she was missing, this might be Tina being a kid in a candy store with no one around to stop her from going overboard on experiencing what she's been missing. :)

TlalocW
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

zachariah wrote:
Drakkenmensch wrote:Wait, does yesterday's comic mean she could "reboot" herself sober within a few seconds if it was necessary?
Maybe so, maybe no. First it is quiet possible Tina did not have the flu at all. What she was going through was accumulated fatigue from not rebooting the body often enough. Tina is now learning to cope with emotions and feelings she has not had before since Bia fixed her. While Demons understand the emotions they only understand the one they represent. Now having them effect all the demons they can get confused by they and don't know how to handle them. Once the body rebooted the surge of well being led to a state of euphoria. That led to the drinking and wild sense of humor. Until Tina learns to cope with the new feelings she will have other days like this and rapid mood swings and emotional surges.
So... just like instant menopause?

(ba-dum-tish)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:
zachariah wrote: That led to the drinking and wild sense of humor. Until Tina learns to cope with the new feelings she will have other days like this and rapid mood swings and emotional surges.

(ba-dum-tish)
(declines to dignify that with a direct response)

I do wonder wbout the risk of such wild excesses bringing on an acute case of postprandial abdominal distention, though. There's evidence that even her demonic reboot might not eliminate all of the consequences.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The Pun Vault wants to know if you flushed after that very obscure pun.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Vodka...the ultimate flu shot.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

JCfromNC wrote:
Dave wrote:I don't know which made me laugh harder... a pie-eyed Tina, or Bia's new headband decoration. :lol:
I was a tiny bit disappointed that Bia's headband wasn't more like a certain green-haired woman's headband.
Me too.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

zachariah wrote:
I am reminded of the time Tina first met Atsali, it was the day the "tentacle" demon stayed home. Tina knew what monica needed, but had no clue as to what to offer the teenaged bird girl. Fortunatly Bud showed up, kicked the "tentacle" back into Tina, and instantly she knew what Atsali "needed/wanted". Which indicates that each Demon played a specific part in Tina's abilities. It seems that now, somehow they are melding into one entity and becoming more human, as evidenced by the poor decision making skills in entertainment and excessive vodka intake.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

jwhouk wrote:
zachariah wrote:Once the body rebooted the surge of well being led to a state of euphoria. That led to the drinking and wild sense of humor. Until Tina learns to cope with the new feelings she will have other days like this and rapid mood swings and emotional surges.

(ba-dum-tish)
Pregnancy would be closer, last trimester. Not that I think Tina is. That is very unlikely though it does raise some questions about Tina coping with a human female body even if the human spirit left. But if the body reboots to the same healthy condition each morning it must be at a part of the cycle where Tina never had to worry about it. Either that or she learned.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Maybe that was something she forgot to put down in that shorthand journal she has?
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
JCfromNC wrote:
Me too.
C'mon now, she's just a kid!
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:The Pun Vault wants to know if you flushed after that very obscure pun.
Would you believe... I wasn't actually trying for a pun there? :shock: At least, not consciously. :? Just aiming for the obscure movie reference.

Yeah, I know my reputation may make this a tad unbelievable...
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:And how is TIna different from those characters? Perhaps Tina does NOT want to be human?
You may be on to something there. Hope someone asked Tina later for a definitive answer.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

My2Cents wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:And how is TIna different from those characters? Perhaps Tina does NOT want to be human?
You may be on to something there. Hope someone asked Tina later for a definitive answer.
So far in Wapsi, NO ONE has been asked if they want a change or not. The change has been done to them by others. Neither Monica, Shelly, Phix, Nudge, Kathy, or Tina have been asked about what was going to be done to them. It was just done for someones ulterior purpose. So why would that change now?

The powers are very manipulative in Wapsi aren't they!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

zachariah wrote:
My2Cents wrote:You may be on to something there. Hope someone asked Tina later for a definitive answer.
So far in Wapsi, NO ONE has been asked if they want a change or not. The change has been done to them by others. Neither Monica, Shelly, Phix, Nudge, Kathy, or Tina have been asked about what was going to be done to them. It was just done for someones ulterior purpose. So why would that change now?

The powers are very manipulative in Wapsi aren't they!
but until they get to THIS point :D, i think the cast (and consequently, US) will be happy with the plot-lines Paul has laid out for them/us...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

zachariah wrote:
That is pretty much what I was thinking while reading this week's strips. The mind is a powerful thing, even placebos can be potent for good or ill under the right circumstances ... heck, just go with Morpheus' reminder that "the body can't live without the mind" which real world psychiatrists have confirmed - if you see yourself die in the dream, then chances are good you're not waking up this time. Tina was used to her shutdowns, not actual sleep. She's going to have to go through a transition to where she can use either, or even just shift over to sleeping.

And Bia is just so freakin adorable in the first two panels. Starting to think she could make for a really cute wallpaper, heh.

Huh, what? Yeah, I'm still here. Hadn't been jumping over to the forums for a while because I don't like storing personal passwords in a work machine and as a certified network security tech I don't believe in weak passwords so I can't always remember it. :D (got a way to stash them but I can't always get to it from work if I don't have my laptop with me)
Gavote

Post by Gavote »

Off topic a bit, but have we considered leading with the date in the title? This would make finding the current strip faster.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Boss says in the rules specifically:
Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.