Yeah That 2012-09-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: Yeah That 2012-09-28

Post by Yamara »

Nimrod wrote:Either way their acts are fake, possibly very dishonest and it simply could be outright fraud mixed with random accosting of townsfolk and property destruction.

This sort of story line typically ends (breaks apart) one of three ways:
1) They grow tired, they grow up or grow a conscience - any way they actually come to realize they are doing a "bad" thing and change. (exposure by guilt)
2) They are called upon to actually do the thing they pretend to do - they must actually kill a dragon and are shown incapable of doing it. (exposure by failure)
3) They are exposed by a third party, typically a child or other "innocent", develop a reputation and must atone somehow. (exposure by atonement)

So there we go, we have the potential for guilt ridden failures trying to atone or fraudulent hucksters bilking the unsuspecting with simulated heroics.
You can see why I am a bit underwhelmed...
That assumes a lot for two panels, two titles and one line of dialogue. It overlooks the wider story's understanding that tricksters can be saviours and heroes, like Nudge, Perseus and Odysseus. Athena, another character in Wapsi Square, has been known to be impressed by certain displays of cleverness.

For all we know yet, these three have just "swindled" a greedy miser out of ill-gotten gains, and are pulling a Robin Hood.
Wdot wrote:I had to go back and forth looking at The Vampire Gals and these girls to see if maybe it was them before they were turned so to speak. I don't think they are, but I'm still open to the possibility.
There is a non-zero chance that the brunette is a Lanthian relative of Maya and Jin. If so, since she has no fangs, this must be before lizard teeth entered the family genome (Jin's snakiness predates her golemness.) So maybe moneygirl here really is just on the take, never reforms, and settles down to form the wealthy matriarchal Adeobie dynasty with her husband, the dragon.

...occasionally "sharing" him with the platinum blonde, whose last name happens to be Targaryen.
Last edited by Yamara on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

kingklash wrote:I don't grouse/gripe/bitch/moan when Paul does what might pop in his head. This could very well be the equivilant of trying to get a song out of his head by singing it out loud. No telling how long this idea has been bouncing aroung, bouncing around, bouncing around in his head. The only way to deal with it would be to grab a pencil and paper, or stylus and tablet, and draw it out. And it's cool.
Yeah, that's the way I am and if I don't do it it bites, chews and claws its way out. It's very uncomfortable.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Oh, look, it's a Giragon!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Hmmm, Yesterday's Dragon had spines down his/her/it's neck and back. Today's Dragon does not. Not important, just pointing that out.
The blond could be an ancestor of Monica - she has the same poochy tummy. Is there a bandaid on her leg?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

HA! like I said, Dragons, we are suckers for busty cute girls and will do anything for them...... these two pics also remind me of me and my wife ;) and yes I'm a lucky bastard, I get to see all of the "busty girl problems/perks comic" situations in real life.
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

kingklash wrote:This could very well be the equivilant of trying to get a song out of his head by singing it out loud. No telling how long this idea has been bouncing aroung, bouncing around, bouncing around in his head. The only way to deal with it would be to grab a pencil and paper, or stylus and tablet, and draw it out. And it's cool.
Been there, done that! In fact, I'm doing some of it right now! <evil chuckle>

Soon, people --- soon......
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Skywatcher68

Post by Skywatcher68 »

These three look like they'd be right at home in Oglaf. I wonder what a Pablo/Trudy Cooper collaboration would be like.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Nimrod wrote:Yup, that was the very first thing that came to mind... "Oh, that is Dragonheart." So not much of a shock at all. (That and the dragon looks like a mutant giraffe)
scoff scoff
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote:And you have a very harsh view of these ladies and their dragon given how little we know of them.
Nimrod has a very harsh view of most things that are Just For Funsies.

That's why i scoff at his opinions.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Skywatcher68 wrote:These three look like they'd be right at home in Oglaf. I wonder what a Pablo/Trudy Cooper collaboration would be like.
Bite.

Your.

Little.

Green.

Tongue.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

MrFireDragon wrote:HA! like I said, Dragons, we are suckers for busty cute girls and will do anything for them...... these two pics also remind me of me and my wife ;) and yes I'm a lucky bastard, I get to see all of the "busty girl problems/perks comic" situations in real life.
As I recall, from myths and fairy tales, cute young nubile girls (virgins) are like suckers for dragons--or maybe hors dourves--and dragons will do about anything to have for them over for dinner.
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

An interesting deviation down a road not yet traveled.
Whatever the reason, it's good fun.
Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
stjen

Post by stjen »

shadowinthelight wrote:Heh, it was the old fake slayer scam. Looks like Paul has been watching Dragonheart.
Dragonheart -- yeah, that's the one. (In Dragonslayer, the Wizard killed the dragon for real.)
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

bmonk wrote:
MrFireDragon wrote:HA! like I said, Dragons, we are suckers for busty cute girls and will do anything for them...... these two pics also remind me of me and my wife ;) and yes I'm a lucky bastard, I get to see all of the "busty girl problems/perks comic" situations in real life.
As I recall, from myths and fairy tales, cute young nubile girls (virgins) are like suckers for dragons--or maybe hors dourves--and dragons will do about anything to have for them over for dinner.

yeah.... "dinner" >;) ..... and yes.... would do anything, like playing dead and stuff.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

As to brass bvras - i had a GF once who had one for reals.

I can promise you it was quite warm after she wore it a few minutes...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Fairportfan wrote:As to brass bvras - i had a GF once who had one for reals.

I can promise you it was quite warm after she wore it a few minutes...

brass armor of any kind is very warm after a few minutes, but it does tend to transfer heat or cold very easily.... soooo, a bit to close to the dragon while it burps a flame and we could have roasted breasts :D

or she was out on the cold it would be frozen black fallen nipples :D

of course if she is a smart girl as I know she is.... she lined the inside of her brass bra with dragon scales and a little padding and problem solved.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:(unless in Wapsi world there are still outlying villages that are attacked by dragons that don't question the appearance of barbarian-looking babes with swords).
If you've ever been to a Fan Convention, or even a well attended bar on Halloween, babes of any flavor in costumes that reveal that much skin are very well received...

MrFireDragon wrote:of course if she is a smart girl as I know she is.... she lined the inside of her brass bra with dragon scales and a little padding and problem solved.
Um, I don't think padding is what this girl needs...

Does anyone else get the feeling that there should be a golden light coming from the right to illuminate those two?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Mebbe Pablo has been catching some old Beanie and Cecil cartoons with the kiddo and was inspired to create Cecil's cousin and have a bit of fun...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Hansontoons wrote:Mebbe Pablo has been catching some old Beanie and Cecil cartoons with the kiddo and was inspired to create Cecil's cousin and have a bit of fun...
Now that sounds like a likely reason for these funny little whiplash moments.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Wdot wrote:I first came across the idea of a dragon teaming up with a human to run a dragon-slayer scam in 1980 in a book titled Dragon's of Light edited by Orson Scott Card. The short story The George Business written by none other than Roger Zelazny, was one of my favorites in the book. While Dragonheart treated the concept very well, I would much have preferred a movie based on Zelazny's short story.
The classic Disney cartoon The Reluctant Dragon was about a knight, a squire, and a reluctant dragon, who decided they rather liked each other AFTER the townspeople had hired the knight to off the dragon. Might take some hunting to find; it's at least as old as me... :roll:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville