The Space Alien Cat Girls Web Site Is Up Now.

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Aed

The Space Alien Cat Girls Web Site Is Up Now.

Post by Aed »

Paul's new venture, Space Alien Cat Girls, has an active web site now. Time to set your bookmarks.
lake_wrangler

Re: The Space Alien Cat Girls Web Site Is Up Now.

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hmm... Only the Random navigational button is functional, but it always brings up the same random page... :P
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Doesn't matter. Bookmarked.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Hope it goes better than Jeph Jaques's new comic with the site immediately being overwhelmed and crashing. :oops:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Well, having just read this @ 10PM West Coast time....

Well, OK, Jimi is playing "and the wind cries 'Mary'...".

Posted as #6, but lets see what daytime brings...
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"When cute-n-fluffy won't cut it." :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Still think the kitty in the hoodie looks like shes about to say " and i will rip your heart out and eat it but lets have fun first."
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

THERE IS A CAST LIST!!!!!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Aed

Post by Aed »

jwhouk wrote:THERE IS A CAST LIST!!!!!
Here are the names as listed on the Cast page and the meaning of the names from various baby name websites:
  • Terran - Of the earth
  • Evadne - A Greek demigod and daughter of Poseidon.
  • Cynara - (Greek) From the island of Zinara
  • Narella - (Greek) A brilliant woman
I haven't the slightest idea as to the personalities that Paul has in mind for these characters or if their names are foreshadowings of their character. I do see some similarities between Wapsi Square characters and the Space Alien Cat Girls. Once more, I do not know if that is a clue to their character.
  • Terran - Susie
  • Evadne - Monica
  • Cynara - Nudge
  • Narella - Atsali
One final thought. All of the names are feminine with the exception of Terran which is gender neutral -- similar to Pat.
What do you think? 8-)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

None of the characters, however, appear to be gender-neutral.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Aed

Post by Aed »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:None of the characters, however, appear to be gender-neutral.
:D Thank Paul for that! :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:None of the characters, however, appear to be gender-neutral.
True, and given the title of the site/strip/series your inference is likely correct.

However, gender/sex identity isn't always easy to identify at a glance, even among mammals here on earth. There are quite a few species for which our best experts must perform a physical exam to be sure. We can probably expect matters (and inter-species social conventions) to be even more complex once we start meeting space aliens.

Yeah, things (and consequences) can get complicated.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I was wondering if this discussion of SACG should get its own sub-forum. Maybe not necessary, since it appears each page will have its own comment section; just wanted to know what others thought.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Aed

Post by Aed »

I'm partial to forums, myself, but Paul may be trying something different with this new venture and may wish to keep the two properties some what separated. :?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Aed wrote:I'm partial to forums, myself, but Paul may be trying something different with this new venture and may wish to keep the two properties some what separated. :?
I'll be interested to see how that goes. Wapsi Square had a per-day comments capability on the main site for at least a year or two (it seems to be the default mode for ComicsPress and similar webcomics) but Paul ended up shutting it down due the actions of some rude/abusive users.

With a separate forum it's much harder for someone to deface Paul's main public-facing presence.
genis_vel

Post by genis_vel »

So, when does the strip start? The first of the year? WorldCat Day on August 8th? National Cat Day in late October?
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Once Space Alien Cat Girls is actually up, it should get its own forums. Or at a minimum, a separate subforum. One shouldn't have to search through a lot of Wapsi stuff to find the SACG stuff. Heck, there probably will be people who don't care for Wapsi but love SACG.

I read a number of comics that have per-page comments on the same page, but I either ignore those comments or really wish there were a separate forum (or both). Comments being firmly attached to a single comics page stifles ongoing discussions, either of issues related to past pages or of issues that are generally relevant across many pages. And where's the logical place to put parodies and fanart?

(Gunnerkrigg Court would be the worst, because it has comments ONLY on the CURRENT page - comments on prior pages are no longer visible. However, it also has a separate forum.)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

genis_vel wrote:So, when does the strip start? The first of the year? WorldCat Day on August 8th? National Cat Day in late October?
They're cats, and girls. So it's whenever they get around to it. Probably after napping in the sun for a bit.