No Wait 2014-11-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

No Wait 2014-11-25

Post by Jabberwonky »

Well, I don't think I'd have reacted any different than Calista... :shock:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
cmdrpowers

Re: No Wait 2014-11-25

Post by cmdrpowers »

Man, I didn't even think M could do that! Reminds me of when Bud get frustrated. 8-)
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

Way to go Monica scare the stuffing right out of your charge...again!
Vive la weird!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I've heard of bad breath but that is going a bit too far! Just how many pepper did she put in that last bowl of chilli?? Then adding mixed drinks is not a good idea.

Monica Agent 007 - Shaken, not stirred.
Last edited by zachariah on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Although "rapport" and "roast 'er" both start with the letter "R" and both have seven letters, they don't actually have much else in common. The latter is not a good substitute for the former.
zachariah wrote:I've heard of bad breath but that is going a bit too far!
Howlitosis?
Last edited by Dave on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

"No, wait! It's just..."

Gas?

Like I said somewhere else about something completely
unrelated, 'If only she could call on that on demand.'

Handy at the next cookout!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

<Godzilla! Run!> *translated from Japanese*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Thor

Post by Thor »

You know, Jaguar Girl or no, if Cricket was half a foot taller than M, rather than the other way around, that would probably seem quite a bit less intimidating.

Other than Tepoz, this is the only person who is actually shorter than Monica.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Go after her Monica then poit yourselves to the Island and sit in the sand and talk with her. You'll do good.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

shadowinthelight wrote:<Godzilla! Run!> *translated from Japanese*
Everybody run! The Homecoming Queen's got a gun^H^H^H flamethrower!

Now to explain to Calista...

M - "Because I am who I am, you may find me doing amazing or scary things when you come to see me. But they're not aimed at you. This is all about teaching you, not hurting you. OK?"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Poor Cricket.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I cannot figure out how to make a coherent "Cricket Lighter" joke here.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

AFP are you the same poster as Plasma Mongoose over on the Dave Willis strips? You change avatars with about the same frequency.

Getting back to today's comic, how long has M been able to breathe fire? To my recollection this is the first time it has been displayed. Something else she learned from Bud?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Monica seems to have THE worst timing.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

OK, we now know Monica has been taking lessons from Bud.

The big question is who was saying AAAUUUGH! is the last panel, because it probably was not Cricket. My bet is Phix, so we have a lecture on 'NO FIRE BREATHING IN THE LIBRARY' coming up, maybe even a temporary loss of visiting privileges until Monica can demonstrate better self control. That would be an eye opener for Cricket, and give her more perspective about Monica. They could end up help each other.
Last edited by My2Cents on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Atomic wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:<Godzilla! Run!> *translated from Japanese*
Everybody run! The Homecoming Queen's got a gun^H^H^H flamethrower!

Now to explain to Calista...

M - "Because I am who I am, you may find me doing amazing or scary things when you come to see me. But they're not aimed at you. This is all about teaching you, not hurting you. OK?"
"TEACH me? teach me WHAT?!?!, that I'm a just a miserable little tarnished *spot* on your shining existence that you're practicing your flame-thrower tactics in order to get rid of me without smudging your clothes?!!"

yeah, no matter WHAT Monica SAYS right now, she CAN'T win with Callista... until M comes out with "everything" to her, and bares HER soul, things will just keep piling up until SOMEBODY snaps... i agree that Phix was doing the best for Monica as she saw it, and as others have said in that, if M had come in with a "i need to vent about crap" attitude, then she would have listened, and while she probably wouldn't have yelled at her, I'm sure she would have had *heated* words to say to her ABOUT that "need to vent" attitude though, but those words wouldn't have been yelled in her face as furiously as she actually did...

eh, whatever. I'm STILL gonna read it every day, like i have been for the last few years no matter which way it goes. though i WOULD like some more GUYS to be introduced to even it out a tiny bit... :D
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

My2Cents wrote:OK, we now know Monica has been taking lessons from Bud.

The big question is who was saying AAAUUUGH! is the last panel, because it probably was not Cricket. My bet is Phix, so we have a lecture on 'NO FLAMING IN THE LIBRARY' coming up, maybe even a temporary loss of visiting privileges until Monica can demonstrate better self control. That would be an eye opener for Cricket, and give her more perspective about Monica. They could end up help each other.
nah, i say it WAS cricket, in that she's freaking out right now because she is now the CENTER of attention... to The Jaguar Girl!!!... and that's someone she's learned that you NEVER want to be *focused* on YOU... like i said in a prior post, no matter WHAT Monica SAYS right now, she can't win today, she's totally freaked out Callista into incoherent, fight-or-flight responses, and there is VERY little "fight" in her right now i'd say... so she'll only get frightened, "Yes, Ma'am, No Ma'am, Whatever YOU say Ma'am" replies and Monica has YET AGAIN, flubbed up in her mentorship...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

kingklash wrote:I cannot figure out how to make a coherent "Cricket Lighter" joke here.
Really? When Calista is on fire, Phix will go looking for Monica to explain that she's supposed to mentor Calista, not be a Cricket lighter.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Radio365

Post by Radio365 »

So how many times does this kind of stuff have to happen before she realizes that she should probably stop doing things impulsively?
Also, MAYBE try listening to your inner voice a bit more than your outer barista. Just a thought.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

kingklash wrote:I cannot figure out how to make a coherent "Cricket Lighter" joke here.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!