Still around 2014-11-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Still around 2014-11-21

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:You would think this would be a "once bitten, twice shy" kind of situation here. Going for another paranormal seems like the last thing he would want to do. What if she "outgrows" him too should be the foremost thing on his mind concerning Bud. She might dump him for his own good as well. Of course considering Monica seemed to be a normal woman at first, he could pick another seemingly normal woman who is a paranormal yet again. The Wapsi area seems to be chock-a-block full of them. Even in Monica's local clique, there is Shelly, Kath, and Tina. Not to mention the GGs. What are the odds?
The odds don't matter - the game's crook.

Except for Katherine (and the jury's still out on her - her arrival may be part of the pattern), all of Monica's paranormal gang are there because of various manipulations that brought them together wherever Monica was. If she'd been living in Mexico City, they'd be there.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

As far as Kevin goes at hitting a normal of para girl, of course the game is rigged but you cant win if you dont play
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

oldmanmickey wrote:As far as Kevin goes at hitting a normal of para girl, of course the game is rigged but you cant win if you dont play
But the only winning move is not to play.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

"...but it's the only game in town."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Speaking about "injured animals" - Bud probably still comes under the "broken bird" category to some extent...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

starkruzr wrote:Called it. (Re: trust)
Okay. Then Tag you're it.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

interesting outlook Kevin had. Figure out what you need and want. Make sure you get what you need whether you want it or not. Want and Need are not mutually exclusive. Kevin I think you've over-thought the process.

So he needed Monica in some form, and wanted her. Fine the relationship happened. But Monica wanted and needed him for awhile too. Now the need has changed for Monica and she left that drive her. But he still cares about her and has not give up on Monica. He'll be hanging around, living his life, and waiting to see what happened. Hope he don't wait too long.

Why he is in the part on that bench. That is the area where Alen threw the Frisbee that hit Deitzel in the head. It was the first step to their relationship.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Don't you be quoting British Philosophers at ME, young man! ;)

Yes, I know, this one was a "How con-vieeeeeeeeeeen-ent" moment. But we had to get 'em together, right?

And #### it, Pablo, you're gonna make me add another character to the cast list, aren't you?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Thor wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Dance lessons? Gee, I wonder who his teacher will be... :roll: :D
It's not like he wasn't told multiple times over the years that Bud has a crush on him. This just happens to be the first time that the information is both pertinent and something that can be safely acted upon.
I dunno about "safely." This is awwwwfully close to the breakup.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Fixing things, eh? Might make for an interesting partnership.
shadowinthelight wrote:Dance lessons? Gee, I wonder who his teacher will be... :roll: :D
Darin, obviously.
Dave wrote:Kevin's time with Monica might make him comfortable with the idea... or, he might draw back and say "no more paranormal drama, give me a nice human girl from Idaho!"
Though he might need to be careful in selecting that nice gal from out west, for many reasons. . .
KnightDelight wrote:What if she "outgrows" him too should be the foremost thing on his mind concerning Bud. She might dump him for his own good as well.
Though Monica and Bud are sort of on opposite paths. Monica is just starting out and trying to adjust to a totally new (to her) way of things, while Bud has already been there and is more trying to go back to what she used to be before everything started. In fact, with Bud it's more likely to be the opposite problem: she'll stay the same, while Kevin will grow older and change physically and possibly mentally/emotionally.

Of course, that assumes that he and Bud get into a more serious relationship. For all we know, he could instead end up becoming Atsali and Castela's step-father or something.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Catawampus wrote: Of course, that assumes that he and Bud get into a more serious relationship. For all we know, he could instead end up becoming Atsali and Castela's step-father or something.
Huh. Katherine would do well to have a partner, and he's already 'broken in' and everything.... but no. Maybe someone else.

But I like your thinking...
AnotherFairportfan

kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Kev just needs to step out of the current circle, and check from a new angle. He's going to be ready when M finds her feet again, but when and where that leads is Paul Only Knows.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jay-Em wrote:Well now. Could This http://wapsisquare.com/comic/thebest/ be Kevin seeing his own future without realizing it? (last frame) :P
Or even Bud (from two strips before) http://wapsisquare.com/comic/notworthit/
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Dave wrote:I wonder... how much does Kevin know about Bud's nature and history? There could be a whole other round of nervous disclosures and trust-building waiting in the wings... and it seems to me that Bud is much more overtly powerful than Monica. Kevin's time with Monica might make him comfortable with the idea... or, he might draw back and say "no more paranormal drama, give me a nice human girl from Idaho!"
For what it's worth...

Bud isn't in the process of becoming an omnipotent engine of destruction who doesn't know her limits and is lashing out at and pushing away the people closest to her. She's already been through that. She knows what she is and how she got there. She's made a kind of peace with it that I don't think even Brandy or Jin has. Now she wants to rediscover what having a normal life might have been like.

UN like Monica, she's had millennia to deal with the trauma that made her what she is. I think that she'll be willing to share with whoever she lets into her life. I think she'll be open with them and do more than use them for a "chew toy".

For his part, Kevin wouldn't be coming into a relationship with Bud colt He may not know all the details, but he knows what Budis, and what she's capable of. It won't be a case of "Oh hey, my mostly normal girlfriend has just transformed into a dangerous Demigod and incidentally has mostly shut me out of her life except when she's feeling randy."

He'll be going into a relationship with Acacia with his eyes open, with a good idea of what he's getting into.

And I read the last lines as, "I'm not leaving, because I'm not the one who left."

That's my $.02, for whatever it's worth.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

starkruzr wrote:
Thor wrote:
It's not like he wasn't told multiple times over the years that Bud has a crush on him. This just happens to be the first time that the information is both pertinent and something that can be safely acted upon.
I dunno about "safely." This is awwwwfully close to the breakup.
I'd like to see Bud's expression right now, along with what she's thinking. Or perhaps the word "TILT" is flashing on her forehead!

And what will we see Monday, "Meanwhile, back at the ranch..."?
illiad

Post by illiad »

well we need a MUCH larger expose of what Kevin's life is like... Girls do all this complicated debate about all their shortcomings, etc... and never bother to find out what problems and anguishes their poor BF has had to get to today...