Tired of Hiding 2014-11-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: Tired of Hiding 2014-11-20

Post by lake_wrangler »

DilyV wrote:Ummm... something that no one seems to be giving thought to...

As famous as Jet appears to be, fashion model and all, wouldn't Monica's lie to Kevin come unraveled pretty quickly when all of the sudden TMZ pick up that Jet has a new and previously unknown girlfriend? [...]
Perhaps, IF Georgette was still a model... but she has quit the biz and is no longer in the spotlight. She has retired, and is now an under-the-radar part owner of an antique shop...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

lake_wrangler wrote:
DilyV wrote:Ummm... something that no one seems to be giving thought to...

As famous as Jet appears to be, fashion model and all, wouldn't Monica's lie to Kevin come unraveled pretty quickly when all of the sudden TMZ pick up that Jet has a new and previously unknown girlfriend? [...]
Perhaps, IF Georgette was still a model... but she has quit the biz and is no longer in the spotlight. She has retired, and is now an under-the-radar part owner of an antique shop...
the last thing i remember about Jet and her career was the time that she was talking on her phone with her management company/agent and saying that she had lost the bodyguards purposely, and that she was not shooting anything with anyone for a while since she wanted to take a break and spend time with her sister... and that once she got a new phone, she would call them back... to me that means she was just taking a vacation, not quitting the biz... am i forgetting any other info that could change that?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote:the last thing i remember about Jet and her career was the time that she was talking on her phone with her management company/agent and saying that she had lost the bodyguards purposely, and that she was not shooting anything with anyone for a while since she wanted to take a break and spend time with her sister... and that once she got a new phone, she would call them back... to me that means she was just taking a vacation, not quitting the biz... am i forgetting any other info that could change that?
We do know that Monica has quit her job at the museum, to run her antique store full-time. And, we do know that Georgette is an investor in Monica's store now, and has gone on at least one antique-hunting trip with her.

This may, or may not mean that Georgette has quit modeling, and is working with Monica full-time.

I doubt that she is, for one reason: when Georgette decided to get drunk and proposition Monica, she apparently had to ask Amanda where to find Monica (and was directed to the Cerberus Club). If she and Monica were now full-time co-workers and were spending much of their time together, I doubt that this would have been necessary.

She could be a retired-from-modeling "silent partner" but my practical side wonders whether a part-interest in the income from an antique shop would suffice for a formerly-top-earning model.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Depends on how wisely she invested her earnings, and how well her pub is doing ... and how much she needs (personally, not monetarily).
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

jwhouk wrote:Point of order?

Even though the boss hasn't really mentioned it, comic time roughly follows the calendar...
for example.. the time that passes between 19th Nov and 21 Nov is NOT 72 hours, but obviously only about 10 mins... :P

.... and we have no idea how much time has passed between her getting the shop, and today... :/

Of course, various seasonal happenings do help with the occasional 'writers block' :) :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:Of course, various seasonal happenings do help with the occasional 'writers block' :) :)
True... at least, a nice cup of rosemary tea does help pass the thyme, and Paul has been known to draw the occasional spicy pin-up during the holidays.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Depends on how wisely she invested her earnings, and how well her pub is doing ... and how much she needs (personally, not monetarily).

I have noticed from meeting and reading about various people of the rich and/or famous type that not everyone wastes $20,000 a day on stupid stuff. The way Paul has shown her so far seems to show someone that thinks before she spends. Even her apartment is in a simple style, without a lot of overpriced crap. She even lives in a loft above her pub so it is owned outright and not under horrible rent prices.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

We presume the loft is above the pub. Pablo has't said yea or nay as to the location just yet.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin