Snowfall 2014-11-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Boxilar

Snowfall 2014-11-19

Post by Boxilar »

Not blowing up and being cool about the breakup does not mean he "took it well."
Ginkage

Re: Snowfall 2014-11-19

Post by Ginkage »

That is definitely NOT the look of a man who took it well.

That's the look of a man who gave up the best thing he felt he had because he felt it was the right thing to do... and it hurt.
Snarky McSnarkypants of Greater Snarkville who is Snarkmaster General for the US Snark Office.
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Okay, I'm not against shipping Kevin and Bud, but certainly not NOW. Never be the rebound...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Ginkage wrote:That is definitely NOT the look of a man who took it well.

That's the look of a man who gave up the best thing he felt he had because he felt it was the right thing to do... and it hurt.
Doing the right thing is hard sometimes. Sometimes it hurts like a sonnofabitch.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Well, what a surprise.

Actually, i've been sorta hoping for something like this for a while; not so much with Kevin, but that Bud would find someone she can connect with, to complete her transition from golem to "real boy", as it were.

Yes, i know she'll still be a golem physically, but almost since the GGGS were introduced, Bud has been fighting her way back to regain her essential humanity.

She was the most messed-up of the GGGs (well, Brandy and Thup, but that wasn't visible and was sort of a different case), but obviously the most lightsome of the three prior to their murders, and her slow slog to redemption in her own mind and regaining that lightness of spirit and outlook/attitude has been both heartbreaking and hilarious by turns.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Jabberwonky wrote:Okay, I'm not against shipping Kevin and Bud, but certainly not NOW. Never be the rebound...
Pretty much pre-destined.

Bud's been crushing on him at least since she wound up naked in his bed...

They may not hook up right away, but she can help him get through the worst (hell, she may help Monica get through the worst).
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Man, I can only see disaster if they get together as a couple. Bud deserves a man every bit as understanding and kind as Kevin, but they're all too close. No matter how polite everyone will act to each other to spare their feelings, toes are going to be stepped on and pressure will build...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Okay, I'm not against shipping Kevin and Bud, but certainly not NOW. Never be the rebound...

They may not hook up right away, but she can help him get through the worst (hell, she may help Monica get through the worst).
Bud also crushed on Shelly's boy toy as well. So which one is she still crushing on? Maybe neither? She's there to help him deal with this and maybe answer questions if he asks. So far looks more like being friend rather than trying to it on him. Bud does have compassion and cares about people. That led her to set it up for Monica and Kevin to really connect. So yes she likes him but even she knows this is not the time to make a move on him.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Just... ow...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Genderflipped Megatokyo: sad boy in snow.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

"I turned her gay..."

It's a heavy load, doesn't have to be legitimate...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sadness is.
AnotherFairportfan

zachariah wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

Bud also crushed on Shelly's boy toy as well. So which one is she still crushing on? Maybe neither? She's there to help him deal with this and maybe answer questions if he asks. So far looks more like being friend rather than trying to it on him. Bud does have compassion and cares about people. That led her to set it up for Monica and Kevin to really connect. So yes she likes him but even she knows this is not the time to make a move on him.
I don't think Bud was so much crushing on Justin as he was fun to mess with.
Radio365

Post by Radio365 »

I feel this should go here, or perhaps on the last comic...

viewtopic.php?p=26500#p26500
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Does not bode well- yea, Monica left the door open... but how well will she acknowledge that when Bud walks through it? And... Bud was there when Monica and Georgette decided something needed to happen between themselves and Kevin needed to be ... 'parked'?... so one could argue insider trading as Bud KNEW what state of affairs Kevin would be in when she found him...
... but then again, just because MY intellectual skills are often emotionally (or hormonally) impaired, doesn't mean that Kevin and Bud ... Monica NEEDS to know that she hurt him- right now, she feels he doesn't care. Either;
1) Bud will tell Kevin to inform Monica of his pain or
2) Kevin will slam Bud's head into the headboard hard enough to split it without either one noticing it, waking up half the neighborhood in the process
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Thor

Post by Thor »

At first glance it looked like he had shaved off the chin jungle, and I was thinking "No matter how bad it feels right now, it was all worth it to get rid of that thing!" Sadly, on second glance, it is still suckling on his lower face.

Poor Kevin. Doomed by poor grooming and not even aware of it.
Last edited by Thor on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strawberrycocoa

Post by Strawberrycocoa »

I'm glad I seem to have been wrong about yesterday being a Exit Stage for Kevin. :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:"I turned her gay..."

It's a heavy load, doesn't have to be legitimate...
Maybe... but I'm more prone to think it's along the lines of "She didn't trust me... again. She didn't tell me... until she had to. She's kept me out of her life... once more."

I may be wrong, of course, but I'd guess that the "trust" and "sharing" parts of this are gonna be hitting Kevin harder than the "sex" part. There's intimacy, and then there's intimacy...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Thor wrote:At first glance it looked like he had shaved off the chin jungle, and I was thinking "No matter how bad it feels right now, it was all worth it to get rid of that thing!" Sadly, on second glance, it is still suckling on his lower face.

Poor Justin. Doomed by poor grooming and not even aware of it.
Dude, what is it with you and facial hair? As a guy who routinely grows his face a winter coat every year I find it vaguely (or maybe not-so-vaguely) offensive. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.