Say So 2014-11-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
JSStryker

Re: Say So 20114-11-14

Post by JSStryker »

I'm wondering if what Bud said wasn't some sort of high speed Lanthian language that can pass a lot of info in a short burst?
Vive la weird!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

lake_wrangler wrote:You know, I find that Tepoz is so much neater, when it comes to dealcoholizing people... :P
Practice... I'd expect him to be conversant with "neat."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

lake_wrangler wrote:You know, I find that Tepoz is so much neater, when it comes to dealcoholizing people... :P
It's in his programming after all...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AmriloJim wrote:
Practice... I'd expect him to be conversant with "neat."
True enough - that's quite appropriate for him. :lol:

On the other hand, to help deal with the aftermath, and restore the strength and vigor of the participants, a Golem Girl's technique is preferable. You want Jin, and tonic.

(drops a bottle of Noilly Prat dry vermouth into the Pun Jar)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

As M is the Demon Shepard I'm not sure what happened here, other than Alcohol Was Involved and things got freaky, excuse me Frea-keeeee! :ugeek: Now I understand there is fresh hot chocolate in Confusion Corner, with chiles, so I'm going to grab a big mug of it.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Hmm. Just notice the thread title is 18,100 years in the future. At least we know Monica, Shelly, and some others will still be around then.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

That was enigmatic.

What IS Tepoz doing currently?
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

I'm not the first to notice, but I think I'm the first to comment.
  • Jin's dress .... so shiny :o

So very, very shiny :shock:

(can't quite tell if it is a 'squeaks when you walk or sit down' shiny or just 'shiny' shiny :?: )
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

JSStryker wrote:I'm wondering if what Bud said wasn't some sort of high speed Lanthian language that can pass a lot of info in a short burst?
or maybe Bud is speaking at such a high speed all we can 'see' is the first letter of each word?

:?:

hmmm .... just for fun, if we take each letter to be the first letter of a word (and maybe the spaces as full stops?), what kind of sentences can be made of Bud's message?)
jwhouk wrote:The transcription of Bud's statement:

"Jin, DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE KJUSHDOUIWEGH KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU!"
  • [internal_monologue]that should keep some of the most dangerous/useful forumites busy for a couple of minutes[/internal_monologue}
[/list]
----

completely unrelated, I'm using Firefox and it normally points out misspelt words with a red squiggly underline when I'm typing up a post. (case in point, it doesn't like my spelling of forumites :P)

whouk's transcript of Buds speech is currently showing red squiggles under "KJUSHDOUIWEGH" and "KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH", but NOT :shock: "DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE" or "WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU"

I think for the sake of my sanity, I am NOT going to google any of those words.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Yes and also Has.

Now we wait two days.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

you know, I had a health screening this week and the doctor told me that my KJUSHDOUIWEGH was totally DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE, and if I wanted to KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH my WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU I'd have to stop drinking. This episode is a total deja vu for me...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Grantwhy wrote:completely unrelated, I'm using Firefox and it normally points out misspelt words with a red squiggly underline when I'm typing up a post. (case in point, it doesn't like my spelling of forumites :P)

whouk's transcript of Buds speech is currently showing red squiggles under "KJUSHDOUIWEGH" and "KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH", but NOT :shock: "DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE" or "WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU"

I think for the sake of my sanity, I am NOT going to google any of those words.
The "7" in 'DJCAER...' makes FF think that's a serial or model number, so it passes. So does 'WDIHC...', but only because dear jwhouk typed character 20 as a zero rather than an "O".

Edit: The FF spellcheck rules mean everything rendered in L337 is spelled correctly.
Last edited by AmriloJim on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
illiad

Post by illiad »

jwhouk wrote:The transcription of Bud's statement:

"Jin, DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE KJUSHDOUIWEGH KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU!"
Pauls cat, on his keyboard, wanting attention??? :)

Grantwhy: yup, nuthin else happening...:D and yup, I think the spell check says its not paid enough for THAT long a word.... :/
Last edited by illiad on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Does not pass go, does not collect $200, does not speak Lanthian so straight to confusion corner for some nice hot chocolate and considers stocking this place with Sundrop since he will be here often it seems.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Grantwhy wrote:I'm not the first to notice, but I think I'm the first to comment.

(can't quite tell if it is a 'squeaks when you walk or sit down' shiny or just 'shiny' shiny :?: )
I noticed that too, but in that first panel... I don't think we've seen Jin that happy for a very long time.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
illiad

Post by illiad »

DilyV wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:I'm not the first to notice, but I think I'm the first to comment.

I noticed that too, but in that first panel... I don't think we've seen Jin that happy for a very long time.
well um.. we haven't seen her, period... she has a 'normal' life, got used to getting drunk with friends as well !!! :D

Oh, and loves seeing men's eyes go large at the dress!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm back. I got cots, blankets, and bottled water from the home center. Also extra space heaters and kerosene for the cold snap. The freezers are full and the vending machines stocked and we should have a dozen apartments ready by next week, so I'd say the confusion corner is all set for whatever is about to happen. (Now if I could just track down one of Mr. Whoopies 3-D Black Boards.)
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Ahaaa... nów I get it (I think) It's their respective DEMONS that fell in love with eachother, not the "people"Monica and model-thingus".. At least, that's the only thing that makes sense in my (admittedly) limited brain.. :P

The total admiration of whatshername's demons for Monica/Jaguar girl could be a specific part of it. Fans have often wrongly understood their own "star strucked-ness"for "love" Ask ány teen-girl with a crush on some famous artist/actor/musician.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jet is going through a delayed "teen-crush-phase" too. Quite dangerous when happening in a full grown woman.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
lake_wrangler

Re: Say So 2014-11-14

Post by lake_wrangler »

shadowinthelight wrote:Hmm. Just notice the thread title is 18,100 years in the future. At least we know Monica, Shelly, and some others will still be around then.
Oops... :oops:

Fixed. :mrgreen:
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jwhouk wrote:Two demons tried to get a little TOO close to each other.
Perhaps that is how little demons are made.
KnightDelight wrote:Ah, so it's a couple of the demons who wanted to get together. Why could the vaunted Jaguar Girl not see this was the case right away?
A combination of booze and stubborn reluctance?
KnightDelight wrote:And why could Bud not have done the same thing? What special power does Jin have she doesn't?
Jin is the poiting expert of the bunch, and also has an unusual connection with Monica's demons. That may give her more ability in this case.
Grantwhy wrote:completely unrelated, I'm using Firefox and it normally points out misspelt words with a red squiggly underline when I'm typing up a post. (case in point, it doesn't like my spelling of forumites :P)

The latter two words are in formal Lanthian, so are recognised. The first two are Lanthian slang, and haven't been incorporated into Firefox's dictionary yet.
txmystic wrote:you know, I had a health screening this week and the doctor told me that my KJUSHDOUIWEGH was totally DJCERWIFGUJLSDKCJKGERK7VGE, and if I wanted to KJCDHBUKASGCUEIH my WDIHCIDJKCHSADUOYCW0GUKJKUOSAU I'd have to stop drinking. This episode is a total deja vu for me...
Was your response, "JHFGBERUFKF!!"?