Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Post by oldmanmickey »

Is he really a dog?
Last edited by oldmanmickey on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Re: visiting too

Post by Opus the Poet »

Not the first dog who had library privileges (remember Baxter and Boo?) but probably the first one that could read the books...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Post by Atomic »

Methinks the Library summoned Dietzel to comfort Castella. Via Monica, perhaps? Vorp is the Library's teleport, so M might not have been involved.

PS - Dont forget the 2014-09-17 in the title pleeeezzz!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Re: visiting too 2014-09-17

Post by Opus the Poet »

First poster has to go back and edit the post name or a mod.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Aed

Re: Visiting Too 2014-09-17

Post by Aed »

Atomic wrote: PS - Dont forget the 2014-09-17 in the title pleeeezzz!
If you've not done so before, just edit your first post and add the missing date in the YYYY-MM-DD format. ;)

Oh, and don't forget to delete your second post before somebody else replies and makes it permanent.
captnq

Re: visiting too

Post by captnq »

Tricky Tricky!

Using the Dog to get Cricket to feel better. Hrmm... could work.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Did both and thanks for the assistance and patience, got so danged excited at getting first post i messed it all up. lol
Last edited by oldmanmickey on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Aed

Post by Aed »

Ditzel's first visit to the library and he meets a fae (about the size of a squirrel). The shock and surprise in panels two and three are classic. Paul does such good work showing us what happens in the story.

I look again and see the change in position of Ditzel's tail, ears, and the hair standing up on the back of his neck. Such superb attention to detail!
Last edited by Aed on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Awwwwwwwwww.... the Feels!!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

DIETZEL!!!

...So, he gets to play 'therapy dog' now? :)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Cue Dietzel talking to Cricket and sending the forum into a frenzy over whether he can really speak or if she just happens to understand dogs.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

He certainly took it well... better than a lot of human-type people would have. I can't recall his ever having been poited around before, although he's certainly seen enough people come and go to be somewhat used to it.

I wonder whether he gets "borowing privileges", or only "read while you're here in the stacks" permission? :)

Cricket's taking it well, too. Coming face to face with a strange carnivore several times your size... even for a Fae that could be just the wee littlest bit unsettling!
Aed

Post by Aed »

shadowinthelight wrote:Cue Dietzel talking to Cricket and sending the forum into a frenzy over whether he can really speak or if she just happens to understand dogs.
Ditzel's ability to be understood without the use of words, thought balloons or other gimmicks is one of his most endearing attributes. Hopefully that never changes.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Ok he has near human level intelligence, can read, carries on a good pantomime conversation, loves pizza and has conned the pizza delivery girl on numerous occasions for food (i wont consider what else he got). I say near human because i can even pull half the crap he has. So again i ask the question, is he really a dog?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:Is he really a dog?
Except when he isn't.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Aed wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Cue Dietzel talking to Cricket and sending the forum into a frenzy over whether he can really speak or if she just happens to understand dogs.
Ditzel's ability to be understood without the use of words, thought balloons or other gimmicks is one of his most endearing attributes. Hopefully that never changes.
"Where did he learn that gesture?"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Art details: Panel Three is WONDERFUL. Panel Two: Is Paul a fan of Strike Witches? Panels Five through Seven: Cricket has learnt to suppress her antennae even under stress.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Is he really a dog?
Except when he isn't.
...I'd wager he's a dog kinda like Mouse is: Not Your Average Canine. :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote:Ok he has near human level intelligence, can read, carries on a good pantomime conversation, loves pizza and has conned the pizza delivery girl on numerous occasions for food (i wont consider what else he got). I say near human because i can even pull half the crap he has. So again i ask the question, is he really a dog?
He is quite amazing, though I don't know whether he's simply a very-high-end dog, or something more than that.

It's not likely that he's as high-order as a Titan in disguise, though. He's made at least one serious error in judgment which pretty much rules out a semi-divine nature.

He bought Bose.
Aed

Post by Aed »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:... Panel Two: Is Paul a fan of Strike Witches? ...
I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about until I looked up Strike Witches and saw an image of the Neuroi.

For others as clueless as I (or nearly so), Funimation has uploaded two seasons of Strike Witches on YouTube.