Only Harm Me 2014-09-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Only Harm Me 2014-09-15

Post by Atomic »

Ah, the joy of seeing Behind the Curtain!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Aed

Re: Only Harm Me 2014-09-15

Post by Aed »

"Are you my mummy? *giggle*"

:lol:

I'm guessing that both demons are Doubt -- Monica's with the 8 ball T and Calista's with the gas mask.
Last edited by Aed on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

LOL that look on Calista's face in the last panel, she's thinking "what the bumboozle?"
Vive la weird!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hmmm. "Tease and ridicule" might be the answer of the day for Cricket's question? Just as potent manipulators as Doubt and Fear and Pride, I suspect.

Good to see that whatever-her-name-is appreciates a good creepy Doctor Who reference! :lol:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Huh. Doubt looks good, in that 8-ball shirt.

And yes, I guess Paul *had* to go there, with Calista's demon...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Looks like Pablo has been trolling the forum for jokes again...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Opus the Poet wrote:Looks like Pablo has been trolling the forum for jokes again...

... or it may just be synchronicity.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Aed wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Looks like Pablo has been trolling the forum for jokes again...
... or it may just be synchronicity.
That was a good album.

Also, underboob.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Kid's not slow - picked right up on the possibility Monica has given her demons more access...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Could be. I'd guess it's at least as likely that he might have chosen to portrat Calista's demon that way knowing full well that some Forumites were going to see an "Empty Child" reference. (Really, how could we not? A nerdy bunch we are ;) )
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Well, some of us have never (and never plan to) watched Dr. Who so we were in the dark.

Now they're just having sport with poor little Calista. Kinda stout/stocky aint she? Seems like she could shape her glamour into something slimmer. But then she may like it like that since she seems that way in her natural little form as well.

So many questions. I wonder if it was her demons who put the fisting idea into her head? Maybe it was her better self who modified the suggestion to make it with fake doubles instead of the real girls. If it was one of the demons, which one would suggest something that vile? Was Tar actually an overly corrupt sex demon? Are there sex demons? Demons who suggest the kinky stuff. And does she get together with the whipped cream demon sometimes? You know, the demon who tells you to squirt some whipped cream directly into your mouth.

I guess clothing is optional in demon land. Though one can apparently whip up some in a moment. At least for show. If one lived in a realm of all the same sex it wouldn't matter much I suppose. Or maybe they're just beyond that sort of modesty having lived so very long. That brings up the question though; are there separate realms for male and female demons? Do these female demons communicate with male demons ever? Are there male demons at all or, like full sphinxes, are they all female? At least in the Wapsi universe. All demons being female would fit in the Wapsi tradition (and make a lot of sense to me as well ;) ).
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

KnightDelight wrote:Now they're just having sport with poor little Calista. Kinda stout/stocky aint she? Seems like she could shape her glamour into something slimmer. But then she may like it like that since she seems that way in her natural little form as well.
There seems to be some self-image issues with glamour, Atsali has complained that no matter how she shifts she always has the gigantic knockers. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/resize-these/

On the other hand the bear girls seem to have few restrictions. May mean better genetics or fewer hangups.
So many questions. I wonder if it was her demons who put the fisting idea into her head? Maybe it was her better self who modified the suggestion to make it with fake doubles instead of the real girls. If it was one of the demons, which one would suggest something that vile? Was Tar actually an overly corrupt sex demon? Are there sex demons? Demons who suggest the kinky stuff. And does she get together with the whipped cream demon sometimes? You know, the demon who tells you to squirt some whipped cream directly into your mouth.
The demons wouldn’t have given he the idea, that is not their function. They (probably Doubt) would have been the ones who got her to use the fake doubles instead of really make them do it. Demons aren’t evil (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... geMorality), that has been clearly stated is something only created by sentient beings. Tar was an evil creation in a human psyche as the result of a childhood experience. Monica destroyed it with astral fire, which is harmless to demons. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/return-the-favor-2/

Demons also seem to represent large generic themes. Probably aren’t any sex demons per se, it would be handled by Narcissism, Self Indulgence, or such. No whipped cream demon either.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Well, there's Lust...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Also my first wife, i refuse to believe she isn't a demon.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Cricket seems to be caught between the 8 ball and a hard face.

Crickets demon might be fear of the unknown, or her demon was just trying to make a fashion statement.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Kid's not slow - picked right up on the possibility Monica has given her demons more access...
I don't think it's a matter of more access... Cricket's demons always had access... she just hadn't perceived it until this little session. It's not that her demons have more access, its just that now Cricket will notice her demons at work... With good mentoring, Cricket will learn that she can control her demons.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think Monica needs to be careful. The last person she shared her demons with so closely, she ended up as besties with her.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Skruddgemire

Post by Skruddgemire »

jwhouk wrote:I think Monica needs to be careful. The last person she shared her demons with so closely, she ended up as besties with her.
Nah, I think here the lesson is that it's not how much power you have, it's that anyone who wants to can have the power to rein in their demons. That right now, Calista's demons aren't being held in check and so have the ability to run roughshod over her.

M's lesson is likely to teach her that she can slap them back into submission. Something that M was eventually able to do before she hit her sub-titan status.
ActionKermit

Post by ActionKermit »

It's interesting that M and Doubt seem to have reconciled off-panel at some point. I almost snorted diet coke out my nose when I saw M describing her as a "trusted advisor", considering their previous history.
Dave

Post by Dave »

ActionKermit wrote:It's interesting that M and Doubt seem to have reconciled off-panel at some point. I almost snorted diet coke out my nose when I saw M describing her as a "trusted advisor", considering their previous history.
Well, "trust" doesn't necessarily mean that M will take Doubt's advice. She could just mean that she "trusts" that she understands (can predict, count upon) Doubt's point of view and Doubt's manipulations. Doubt may be playing a role of "Devil's advocate" in Monica's life these days.

I was struck by a sense of familiarity when I saw today's strip. I could swear that we've seen Doubt portrayed in almost exactly the same posture, with a very similar expression, at least once before. Did anyone else have a similar impression and (if so) can you remember when?