Side Effect 2014-08-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: Side Effect 2014-08-19

Post by Atomic »

I vote Playfulness. Mischievousness, maybe.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

eee wrote:
kingklash wrote:So, who's the dogbunny?
Well, since it appears to have her face, it's probably one of Georgette's demons; but I have no idea which. It's not Anger or Hate, unless they've changed form

Who says everybody has the same demons?

perhaps some people do not have anger and hate and the others we know from m.

i for one have "acts like a silly teenager" and "remember what you did when you were 4 years old" ;)
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote:As for who the Dog-Bunny is?... um, maybe that's her "let's start a brawl, all in good Fun" Demon... remember, Tina DID say that she never started, nor ended a fight in anger...
There's plenty of historical precedent for that. Many ancient people of the Middle East worshipped Bra'al.

(drops a small sacrificial altar into the Pun Jar... although that may be redundant...)
DilyV wrote:Poor Jet... she is so far outta her league. I imagine she's still burning in embarrassment over the kiss... Of course, a trip to the coffee shop might put her in contact with Monica, but then there's that weird barista who knows entirely too much about her...
Well, that kiss never really took place... and after all that occurred for Georgette and Monica after that, considering the incredibly heavy truth-tellings and revelations that took place in both directions, I'd think that the embarrassment factor might just possibly have given up and gone to Cozumel for a nice quiet vacation. ;)

I agree, though, that Georgette may have some reluctance to head out and look for Monica and Tina again. It's perhaps not embarrassment per se... it's just that Georgette has seen that things have a tendency to get so frickin' strange around those two! :lol: She probably figures that they've been buying Uncanny by the 55-gallon drum.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

It's Noth Helpang.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Elvis wrote:
eee wrote:
Well, since it appears to have her face, it's probably one of Georgette's demons; but I have they've changed form

Who says everybody has the same demons?

perhaps some people do not have anger and hate and the others we know from m.

i for one have "acts like a silly teenager" and "remember what you did when you were 4 years old" ;)
From the way the demons have always been portrayed I would guess that they are affected by the personality of the being that they are linked to so the personalities will differ from host to host. In this case the dog, I would go with the previous thought that she is mischief and is related to her "fighting = fun" side.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Thoughtweaver

Post by Thoughtweaver »

After further examining the frame in question, I think those look more like spikes than bunny ears, and it almost looks like there are four of them rather than just two. I would almost compare them to a lion's mane, but for being on the head rather than the neck.

Loved the Atsali/Calista/Cricket arc, but it's nice to see what's going on with Jet post-Demon Shepard intervention.
"If you are going to kill me, then do so. Otherwise I have considerable work to do." Lennier - assistant to Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

While all demons share some common traits, each person has their own individual demons that are shaped and developed by that person's choices, circumstances and events. And each person must learn to cope with their inner demons. According to Tina all you have to do is look in the mirror and close one eye...maybe Georgette just needs to open both eyes in the morning....and always remeber what will happen if she does not do exactly as they say-----absolutely nothing.

Seriously though, Paul doesn't give us the names of the demons unless they are relevant to the storyline--which helps to keep me out of the confusion corner. :D
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
sheik

Post by sheik »

My2Cents wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Who cares, she sleeps in a bike shop! Yee Haw! Now I REALLY love her.
Notice the floor boards, high ceiling (looks like at least 18' based on the number of window panes) and the heavy ceiling joist in frame 2. Looks more like she lives on the top floor of a warehouse. From the collection of company logo signs I suspect the tires are actually a decoration / artwork, probably her own.

Unless those windows are triple paned the heating bill must be huge in the winter. Of course it could just be her summer home.
It would almost have to be.
It isn't just the vast expanse of glass that would make the place almost unbearable in the winter, but the brick walls would as well.
The brick would be the key to comfort in the summer though, since it would act as a thermal heat sink, absorbing the afternoon heat and releasing it later.
sheik

Post by sheik »

I vote for Mischief.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

sheik wrote:
My2Cents wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Who cares, she sleeps in a bike shop! Yee Haw! Now I REALLY love her.
Notice the floor boards, high ceiling (looks like at least 18' based on the number of window panes) and the heavy ceiling joist in frame 2. Looks more like she lives on the top floor of a warehouse. From the collection of company logo signs I suspect the tires are actually a decoration / artwork, probably her own.

Unless those windows are triple paned the heating bill must be huge in the winter. Of course it could just be her summer home.
It would almost have to be.
It isn't just the vast expanse of glass that would make the place almost unbearable in the winter, but the brick walls would as well.
The brick would be the key to comfort in the summer though, since it would act as a thermal heat sink, absorbing the afternoon heat and releasing it later.
She did decide to leave her usual haunts and have a change of pace, so rather than this being one of her own places she instead might be being housed by her sister (over the restaurant, perhaps) or her friends. With the brickwork and somewhat industrial appearance, I suppose it could be part of the same complex that Katherine & Co. are living in. Maybe it's some sort of MiB-owned building that is leased out to paranormal-involved people; a sturdy, spacious building could be useful for that.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

oldmanmickey wrote:that young lady for sure needs a trip to the coffee shop.
Dunno about that, she seems jumpy enough as is. ;)

As for the bonedog, I vote Mischief. That defiant smirk on its face can't be anything else.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:that young lady for sure needs a trip to the coffee shop.
Dunno about that, she seems jumpy enough as is. ;)

As for the bonedog, I vote Mischief. That defiant smirk on its face can't be anything else.
"...had a double macchiata and a big pot of tea and I'm sittin' here buzzin' like a cheap TV..."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Okay, I did a double check:

This was Wapsi Square's 3,000th strip!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jwhouk wrote:Okay, I did a double check:

This was Wapsi Square's 3,000th strip!
Does this include guest pages of purely Pablo's stuff?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It includes everything.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin