Coming Soon 2014-08-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Warrl

Re: Coming Soon 2014-08-22

Post by Warrl »

Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

GlytchMeister wrote:I typed in that URL, my iPad just said the server could not be found...
I got there just fine from the embedded link. Maybe some just don't have access to all of Warehouse 23...
Warrl wrote:Then there's this genderfluid mad scientist catgirl...
Cousin Ted needs to stay away from that Gender Fluid®. It's having funny effects on him...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Wdot wrote:Somehow I missed FairportFan morphing into AnotherFairportFan, welcome back I had wondered what had happened to you and was hoping you were well. Of course if you had followed convention and been FairportFan2.0 I would have probably caught on sooner, my apologies.
Considering that my .sig has a link to an explanation...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I think i found their ancestors cat girl cheer troupe.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Wdot wrote: I'm not going to even mention Selena Kyle from a certain campy series from the 60's.
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect:

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This is a fine a piece of furry fan service I've ever seen. Way to go Paul. A whole new market to tap.

But I agree PLEASE, DO NOT let this distract you from Wapsi. This is too fine a story to get side lined and die.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
as363

Post by as363 »

Hmm -... Pur - but not fect
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Is anyone else seeing the catgirls as inspired by Berdine, Monica, Suzie, and Nudge?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

shadowinthelight wrote:Is anyone else seeing the catgirls as inspired by Berdine, Monica, Suzie, and Nudge?
Yes, I see three of those influences... but I think SACG #1 looks a bit more mischievous than what Berdine.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AmriloJim wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Is anyone else seeing the catgirls as inspired by Berdine, Monica, Suzie, and Nudge?
Yes, I see three of those influences... but I think SACG #1 looks a bit more mischievous than what Berdine.
I was thinking of Suzie McBride, personally... we're talking about the one in the foreground, with the guns, right?
Aed

Post by Aed »

Going from left to right, I see Nudge, Monica, Suzie, and Atsali. Monica is a bit of a stretch as the character is a bit tall for Monica, but the facial expression remind me of her.

I also tried researching spacealiencatgirls.com and found that Paul owns the domain name, but that there are no IP addresses associated with it just yet (at least not publically). We shall just have to wait a little longer. vOv
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

SPANC fight!
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Well, since the webcomic Girls In Space is on unintentional artistic sabbatical reboot, this gives me something to look forward to. And I still need to rub that one's belly.
TheOtherOne

Post by TheOtherOne »

Aed wrote: I also tried researching spacealiencatgirls.com and found that Paul owns the domain name, but that there are no IP addresses associated with it just yet (at least not publically). We shall just have to wait a little longer. vOv
I see. So this is a new project by Paul. Not one I'll be likely to enjoy though. Judging from the two big guns, unlike Wapsi, this one is probably going to be chock full of wholesale slaughter of one sort or another like pretty much all the rest of that type of comic. Basically cashing in on that particular fanboy fetish. Well, I wish him every success. Just hope it doesn't bleed (no pun intended) over into Wapsi.
Aed

Post by Aed »

I'm waiting to see what Paul puts up on the new site.

Will it be a gag-a-day type strip? Will it be a graphic novel, novella, or even a series of short stories? Will it be a single panel presentation, similar to the Family Circus, a three or four panel strip, or a full page or more each day regardless of the number of frames in a page?

Is Paul going to do everything himself or is he branching out into a joint venture with other talented folks performing specialized roles?

Is this the start of a new long term venture or is it a fund raiser for some or perhaps several charitable causes that Paul supports?

vOv

I plan on viewing what Paul shares on his new site for a bit. If I can get into it, I'll follow it, if not, I'll keep it in mind for those times when I meet folks who might enjoy it.

:)

Congratulations to Paul and a big thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Jabberwonky wrote:SPANC fight!
"if you trade your bowl of Jordan Almonds for my black olives, I won't play my final Exodia card."
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TheOtherOne wrote:
Aed wrote: I also tried researching spacealiencatgirls.com and found that Paul owns the domain name, but that there are no IP addresses associated with it just yet (at least not publically). We shall just have to wait a little longer. vOv
I see. So this is a new project by Paul. Not one I'll be likely to enjoy though. Judging from the two big guns, unlike Wapsi, this one is probably going to be chock full of wholesale slaughter of one sort or another like pretty much all the rest of that type of comic. Basically cashing in on that particular fanboy fetish. Well, I wish him every success. Just hope it doesn't bleed (no pun intended) over into Wapsi.
Glad you can predict what Paul is going to do.

I've been trying to do that for several years, now, and he almost always fools me.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Paul is the master of whiplash scene cutting.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheOtherOne

Post by TheOtherOne »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
TheOtherOne wrote:
Glad you can predict what Paul is going to do.

I've been trying to do that for several years, now, and he almost always fools me.
Hey, I would love to be wrong in my prediction. It would be grand to enjoy another Paul Taylor look at an alternate universe. However, it seems to me to be pretty obvious it's going to be another big boobed group of females who will slaughter their way through the universe. Either directly or via their actions which will result in someone or some group of beings ending up dead in various ways. Many of them "humorous" no doubt. One of the characters also looks like she will take delight in screwing others over and, according to the caption with her original pinup, eat sentient beings. Does this mean they will go after rat girls/guys? That would be an interesting take on the whole cat and mouse thing at least. Oh, it's going to be bad guys for the most part, but the result will still be the same and many good guys will end up dead as well. For example, they will find themselves in the middle of some local conflict.

In Wapsi, it's very difficult to guess what happens next, that's true. And it may be difficult to guess in the new comic how it will happen next as well. But what will happen as a general theme is not that hard to guess. Paul has already shown he has little aversion to showing bloody scenes of slaughter. Fortunately in Wapsi they are few and far between. The scenes he will show in the new comic may or may not be as bloody, but they will be much more frequent and thrown in for the sheer body count of it all. Were there not the image of a two gun toting catgirl in the pinup, I would not have ventured such a prediction. But, to me anyway, it's pretty clear what will happen. Big-boobed bimbos killing their way along wherever the action takes place. That's what sells. Which is fine. That's what the drooling fan boys like to see. And that's what Paul hopes to cash in on. Again, fine. More power to him. We all need to make an honest buck. At the very least, the no-apologies big boobed bimbos part is blatantly obvious. Some of his pinups have shown his liking for drawing (in his style) killers from other comics either about to kill or posing afterwards. He has even promoted some of them. It's no great leap of imagination to see this new vehicle will be an outlet for him to do that on his own. Those shown killed may be zombies, alien invaders, hordes of monsters, human or cat bad guys, whatever, but it will be shown. and shown much more often. Even if the comic starts out fairly mild, it will end up that way. Especially if it doesn't do well and he (like most of these things) feels like it needs to be amped up.

Again, I would love to be totally wrong. I really would.
Last edited by TheOtherOne on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoctorOverlord

Post by DoctorOverlord »

AHHHH! The horror!

Actually I'm sure Paul will do an amusing take on the characters. I'm looking forward to seeing this new twist. Will the MiB actually deal with aliens?

But furries. Why did it have to be furries? (To be technical, they don't have those creepy Disney animal faces many furries do so these gals are far more tolerable IMO lol)