Having just come home from the Emergency Room...

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Having just come home from the Emergency Room...

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

...I'm feeling much better, thank you.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: Having just come home from the Emergency Room...

Post by Dave »

Oh, man. The "my miraculous death and resurrection" tagline in your posting signature now refers to you personally, and not just your Forum account? :shock:

You really need to stop this almost-dying stuff, dude... or at least defer it for a few more decades, OK? Sunspark could get away with it, but it's not so easy for folks like us.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

It's probably time to get that extended warranty paperwork in the mail.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Allergic reaction to something - lots of hives over much of my body.

I was assuming that it was probably something from the previous stay in the joint, but now that i'm home, i realised the other change in my environment recently is the laxative i began taking the day i came home, on the advice of the doctor who did my colonoscopy.

There's an allergy warning on the label that says "If you are allergic to polyethylene glycol, don't take this stuff."

So i'm stopping taking it.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Aed

Post by Aed »

If needed, a tablespoon (yes, tablespoon) or two of olive oil will help move things along. Tastes vary, but without lots of good Mediterranean food to help it go down, it can be a bit nasty by itself. ;)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Polyethylene glycol" sure sounds like something people would be allergic to. Yikes.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:...I'm feeling MUCH better now.
Repaired that for you. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: There's an allergy warning on the label that says "If you are allergic to polyethylene glycol, don't take this stuff."
Don't drink the radiator fluid.

And, more seriously, wash it off promptly if you are topping off your radiator, if you're showing a sensitivity.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
AnotherFairportfan

Bookworm wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote: There's an allergy warning on the label that says "If you are allergic to polyethylene glycol, don't take this stuff."
Don't drink the radiator fluid.

And, more seriously, wash it off promptly if you are topping off your radiator, if you're showing a sensitivity.
We had a woman here in the Atlanta area who was arrested for poisoning her boyfriend with antifreeze ... and then they realised she must have poisoned her husband with antifreeze, six years earlier.
Wikipedia wrote:In 1995, Lynn Turner, then 27, murdered her husband, Cobb County, Georgia, police officer Maurice Glenn Turner, age 31.[3] Glenn Turner went to the emergency room on March 2, 1995, complaining of flu-like symptoms.[3] He was treated there and when he felt better, he went home.[3] The next day, he was found dead when Lynn came home.[3] On January 22, 2001, she killed her boyfriend, Forsyth County firefighter Randy Thompson, age 32. She had been having an affair with Thompson at the time of her husband's murder.[3] Thompson reported to the emergency room complaining of a stomach ache and constant vomiting.[3] He was treated and released on January 21. She made him some Jell-O.[3] By the next day, he was dead. She collected around $153,000 in death benefits for her husband's death and $36,000 in her boyfriend's death.[3][4]