Tuna Girls 2014-07-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Aed

Tuna Girls 2014-07-25

Post by Aed »

:lol: Little trucks!?
shadowinthelight

Re: Tuna Girls 2014-07-25

Post by shadowinthelight »

Calista can't be all bad with a pun like that. Or does that make her worse? :?:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Aed wrote: :lol: Little trucks!?
Chirping and tweeting ones, no doubt! :lol:

Actually, the tweeting is probably being done by every student within sight range... spreading news of Atsali's adoptive family all across the paranormal social media!

EDIT: I love the "Be Safe, Be Respectful" slogan which festoons the wall (at least I think that's what it says). It's a good motto, Jessie!

jwhouk wrote:Intimidation at 5".
Reminds me a bit of a curse from The Flying Sorcerers. "May Elcin, the small but mighty god of thunder, strike you in the kneecap!"
Last edited by Dave on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Intimidation at 5".

As an aside: I'm still trying to figure out what all that is in the background in the lunchroom. Are those supposed to be drink coolers, like you'd see at a convenience store?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jwhouk wrote:As an aside: I'm still trying to figure out what all that is in the background in the lunchroom. Are those supposed to be drink coolers, like you'd see at a convenience store?
I'm guessing an opaque glass wall.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Aed

Post by Aed »

If I read the banners correctly, the say (BE) "SAFE BE RESPECTFUL".

I'm not at all certain about the streamers and balloons, perhaps some school pep rally decorations.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Aed wrote:If I read the banners correctly, the say (BE) "SAFE BE RESPECTFUL".

I'm not at all certain about the streamers and balloons, perhaps some school pep rally decorations.
As I was camping to try to start the thread (glares a bit at Pablo), I was talking about the coolers from yesterday.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That is certainly what they most closely resemble, but I'm still trying to figure out why there would be a whole shelf of Miller Lite cans in a school cooler. Of course there are tales of heavy-drinking paranormals even as children, so maybe there are some that need the beer to survive?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Tenjen

Post by Tenjen »

One should remember that mermaids are on a rung on the ladder is much much much below the Fae's rung
credit to Aoi Heart on DA
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Aed wrote::lol: Little trucks!?
As in "Get the Number of that truck". Seriously Jessie, Just ask " OMG are you OK? Do you want us to take you to the school nurse or something?"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:That is certainly what they most closely resemble, but I'm still trying to figure out why there would be a whole shelf of Miller Lite cans in a school cooler. Of course there are tales of heavy-drinking paranormals even as children, so maybe there are some that need the beer to survive?
I'm guessing it's a typical school lunchroom cooler full of typical school-district-approved beverages suitable for a mixed population of juvenile paranormals.

Fruit juices of various sorts, milk (cow, goat, and unicorn), mineral water (still, bubbly, caffeinated, and sacred-spring), ambrosia, blood, [...], essence of wilvert, and so forth. You know, the usual stuff. Probably no beer, unless they have clurichauns in school this year.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Dave wrote:Fruit juices of various sorts, milk (cow, goat, and unicorn), mineral water (still, bubbly, caffeinated, and sacred-spring), ambrosia, blood, [...], essence of wilvert, and so forth. You know, the usual stuff. Probably no beer, unless they have clurichauns in school this year.
And if they have even one clurichaun, there won't be any beer in the building!
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Aed

Post by Aed »

I thought that the two "Tuna Girls" were over reacting a bit until I realized that they are the first ones that a squished and upset fae just laid eyes upon. Maybe they are fairly calm considering the circumstances that they just found themselves in.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Calista, the pun jar is beckoning... :ugeek:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
Aed wrote::lol: Little trucks!?
As in "Get the Number of that truck".
Ah, there we go; I was wondering about that myself. :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

YEP!, that just set the tone that i thought was gonna have happen... Cricket scared Jessie and Krystal, and they are NOT going to like having their reactions shown to the REST of the cafeteria like that... so now they'll be gunning for Cricket in all those Teenager-Angst-fueled ways they have of showing their disapproval of BS like that... and if it happens to hurt Atsali at the same time it hits Cricket... Oh well, an acceptable loss, no biggie, the favor she did Jessie has long since been repaid with her clandestine protection of Atsali and can be dropped now.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
LynneLumsdenGreen

Post by LynneLumsdenGreen »

I would say that having Monica step up as her aunty would save Astali from any further harassment from the means girls. Would you risk annoying the Jaguar Girl? It may also act as a deterrent for anyone wanting to mess with our little Fey.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Warrl wrote:Calista, the pun jar is beckoning... :ugeek:
Not for the characters, they don't get to choose the words in their mouths. Besides there is a wall between them and the Jar, the 4th wall... :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

So, where are her antenna in the first two frames? And did the others just walk away from the area not even wondering what happened to Cricket? Just leaving her lying on the floor, all banged up? I know she's small, but she was, after all, the center of attention in all that transpired just before. Also, apparently Cricket knows what Krystal and Jessie actually are. I wonder if she has heard about them before, or is she able to see through their "glamor?"
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

KnightDelight wrote:So, where are her antenna in the first two frames? And did the others just walk away from the area not even wondering what happened to Cricket? Just leaving her lying on the floor, all banged up? I know she's small, but she was, after all, the center of attention in all that transpired just before. Also, apparently Cricket knows what Krystal and Jessie actually are. I wonder if she has heard about them before, or is she able to see through their "glamor?"

It's out of character for Atsali and Da Bears to ignore an injured classmate/person-who-needs-friends.
I can only assume Monica and Cricket had their talk in private with the others 'asked' to leave.
Then Pickle ran through that area immediately after Monica's departure.
The Tuna Girls (Hey! Is that a disparaging term for Mermaids?) were unlucky enough to be there when
Cricket recovered.