Stay Clear 2014-06-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Stay Clear 2014-06-27

Post by shadowinthelight »

Oops, too late.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
cmdrpowers

Re: Stay Clear 2014-06-27

Post by cmdrpowers »

I sincerely hope that this is going to become, "Hey, any friend of Jugs is a friend of mine!" :shock:

Also, if Calista is Fae, she has all sorts of powers, including Glamour and Shapeshifting of some sort (at least size), if she feels like it, that is. Remember that this school emphasizes taking on a human guise and I don't think five inches is going to cut it. The usual admonitions about how you interact with the Faerie apply here. Mind your manners! 8-)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bad-ass royalty, eh? Well, I suppose that starting off your morning with a bit of lèse-majesté does add some spice to the rest of your day. Quite as good as that extra cup of espresso.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Right about now Atsali is thinking... "Oh my Gawd!!! I just bopped a princess!!!"

Good to see da bears again...

Note, Atsali is blushing in that last panel...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Ah, Fae! This is going to be verrrrrry interesting. If you tick them off, you're in trouble. If they take a liking to you, you're in trouble.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

As usual, Berdine does enough talking for both of them. :lol:
DilyV wrote:Right about now Atsali is thinking... "Oh my Gawd!!! I just bopped a princess!!!"
Fortunately, Calista didn't seem to mind getting smushed like a...well, like a bug. This could be why she took such a liking to Atsali so quickly: She has the stones to stand up to Fae royalty.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

kingklash wrote:Ah, Fae! This is going to be verrrrrry interesting. If you tick them off, you're in trouble. If they take a liking to you, you're in trouble.
"What did I do?"
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DilyV wrote:Right about now Atsali is thinking... "Oh my Gawd!!! I just bopped a princess!!!"
I didn't know Atsali swung that way.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

East coast? Royalty? The accent? Must be a Boston blue blood.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
I didn't know Atsali swung that way.
Overhead with a closed hand?

Yeah, not what you'd expect.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

A teacher would never send other students to find one not in class especially when there is rumor of a recent fight - weak explanation or bad teacher.

'Princesses' are all over the place these days. As royalty is a totally arbitrary title denoting a recognized pedigree it is no more significant than a breed of dog.

We all remember that the bear girls are actually bare girls as their "clothing" is part of their shapeshifting ability. They actually are not waring school uniforms.
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

Um ... Already met her ... kind of squashed her, too.
But, Yeah. I need to get to class, now
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

kingklash wrote:Ah, Fae! This is going to be verrrrrry interesting. If you tick them off, you're in trouble. If they take a liking to you, you're in trouble.
so true and she from the east coast if she fae and comes from the bronx i will literally laugh myself into a coma, couldnt get any worse then that unless she from north end of boston then she going to be even worse, and if she from new jersey forget that the school not big enough for how bad it can be lol{ i jest but having lived in boston south end and north end and lived for bit in the bronx and new jersey, i can say that all the places i lived they all had the bad attitude and trying to cause problems of course i was also apart of it haha} but they was very good places that protect there own as it were
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I am surprised, I got this one right! Sali is warned about Cricket, just not by who I thought would. Cricket is a bad ass and as a Fae is prone to stirring things up and causing trouble. If Sali hangs with her she will get dragged into things she probably does not want to be. Will the idea of being part of Cricket's circle outweigh common sense? Turn in Monday for the next episode.

PS: Sali needs to start carrying a horseshoe nail with her for protection.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Julie

Post by Julie »

I can just hear the "nothing to see here...I didn't do anything" whistling that goes with Atsali's "look the other way and say nothing incriminating" look. :D Steer clear? Whoops! LOL!

Princess Cricket? Color me intrigued! :) I wonder who her mama and dad are (and have we mundanes ever heard of them before).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
eee

Post by eee »

Nimrod wrote:A teacher would never send other students to find one not in class especially when there is rumor of a recent fight - weak explanation or bad teacher.
Ah, but don't forget, this is a school for paranormals. We don't know how it's set up or what sort of problems they normally have. Or the staff available. The bruin sisters are probably capable of dealing with most normal student-student difficulties, they're friends of Atsali, they seem mature and dependable, and they're female, so can go into the women's rest room without hesitation. I can see a teacher, worried about a star pupil, sending two other star pupils to see what's going on...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You forget one thing, Nimrod: this is a Supernatural High School.

Natural rules don't apply. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Nimrod wrote:A teacher would never send other students to find one not in class especially when there is rumor of a recent fight - weak explanation or bad teacher.
I think the girls heard about a fight after they went out looking for Atsali.

And the 'teacher sent us to look for you' could be as simple as Berdine & Nadette walking into class (early), the teacher asking them if they have seen (their friend) Atsali [who is normally there before anyone else], the girls saying 'no, would like us to look for her' and the teacher saying 'ok, but be back before class starts'.

I guess it comes down to, would the teacher think that Atsali not being in class at her usual [early] time be enough of a reason to send [/allow] Berdine & Nadette to go looking for her [with some time to go before the class starts].

Perhaps the teachers are keeping an eye out for Atsali and are to try and keep her out of trouble?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

So, considering all the bad-asses in Wapsi, Faes are second from the top, and elementals like Shelly's conscience are the most dangerous? That could explain her being able to knock Bia around, scare other Sphinxes during Shelly's time in the forest, and Shelly's reluctance to get between her and Bia.

TlalocW
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm waiting for this line:
"Thank you Atsali! But our princess is in another battle!"
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!