Just leave 2014-05-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
davids4250

Re: Just leave 2014-05-02

Post by davids4250 »

I think Castela is just being a kid when she talks about the small. She is too young to know whay it might be, she is just saying there is a smell.
I am not saying she does not like to push buttons, and after Kath talks with her, she might use the smell as a button in the future, I am just saying that at the moment, she just notices a funny smell.
Kath needs to talk with each girl separately, Atsali first, so Castela will get sent back to her pickle jar quickly, then Kath and Atsali will have a long talk.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Can't get this darn song out of my head:

Sweet dreams are made of this
As found out by Atsali
She needs to learn 'bout the birds and the bees
This young siren's dreaming of something

Yes you now got the big boobs
They'll attract lots of the boys to you
Try to take advantage of you
You are free to say no and choose

Why have I always been able to write parody lyrics but can't finish one serious song? :(
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Can't get this darn song out of my head:

Sweet dreams are made of this
As found out by Atsali
She needs to learn 'bout the birds and the bees
This young siren's dreaming of something

Yes you now got the big boobs
They'll attract lots of the boys to you
Try to take advantage of you
You are free to say no and choose
+1 - very nice!
Why have I always been able to write parody lyrics but can't finish one serious song? :(
No doubt a quirk of the way your mind works. A highly-active sense of humor has its advantages, but comes with some costs... it's sometimes hard to suppress the wry and write a straight line.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, though... think of it as an opportunty. You could be seriously in the money if you could complete the lyrics for "Two Tickets to Parodise".
shadowinthelight

Dave wrote:it's sometimes hard to suppress the wry
No kidding. When you wrote
Two Tickets to Parodise".
my mind thought

ImageImage
to

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Dave wrote:it's sometimes hard to suppress the wry
No kidding. When you wrote
Two Tickets to Parodise".
my mind thought

Pictures
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
loxmyth

Post by loxmyth »

In that final frame it seems that Atsali's bust has reduced somewhat. May just be accidental drawing-to-drawing variation... but given how suddenly she developed it's clear that there's some shapeshift involved, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised to find that the release also reduced psychological pressure toward the larger "display area" (to borrow a term from some friends who create necklaces and the like).

Never having shared a room with a sibling, and not having kids, I have no clue how one manages this... beyond suggesting to the younger sister that some things are private and other people's bodies and habits shouldn't be discussed without advance permission.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Atomic wrote:Considering the 10,000+ ways this event sequence could have been handled, I'm delighted that it's neither risqué, perverse, nor grotesque. It isn't glossing over consequence, biology, or function, but it taking things honestly, in turn, and in context.
Yeah, it's addressing the topic and being humourous and entertaining while doing so, yet not really being exploitative about it. Though I'm certain that there are plenty of people out there who would disagree.
DilyV wrote:would duct tape even work on Castela?
Tree sealant?
Sidhekin wrote:. . .some kind of brony (and hence incomprehensible) reference. . .
I'm starting to think that I need to go out and start watching the show just so I'll have an idea of what people are talking about these days. It seems to be everywhere.
loxmyth wrote:Never having shared a room with a sibling, and not having kids, I have no clue how one manages this...
By means of shock collars?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Catawampus wrote:
loxmyth wrote:Never having shared a room with a sibling, and not having kids, I have no clue how one manages this...
By means of shock collars?
Meh, tried that, it doesn't work :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

You know I wonder if Castela pushed Atsali's buttons like this when they lived back in the orphanage?
Vive la weird!
shadowinthelight

Catawampus wrote:I'm starting to think that I need to go out and start watching the show just so I'll have an idea of what people are talking about these days. It seems to be everywhere.
Yes. Do it. Join us and become one with the herd. Image

illiad

Post by illiad »

well I have two sisters, but they seem to have managed... Of course we are all nutty, rough scots, so it helps :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But my friends have had the experience, through GFs... One poor girl (and her very understanding husband ) moves herself out to the garden shed for a week (yes, its big enough and comfortable :) ) at that time, so the 'mad person' does not worry him.. :)

ages ago, one of My GFs did not mind it at all.. just laughed.. :lol: :lol:
Hint: she called me Rudolph.. : E
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Catawampus wrote:I'm starting to think that I need to go out and start watching the show just so I'll have an idea of what people are talking about these days. It seems to be everywhere.
MLP: FIM

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

loxmyth wrote:In that final frame it seems that Atsali's bust has reduced somewhat. May just be accidental drawing-to-drawing variation... but given how suddenly she developed it's clear that there's some shapeshift involved, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised to find that the release also reduced psychological pressure toward the larger "display area" (to borrow a term from some friends who create necklaces and the like).

Never having shared a room with a sibling, and not having kids, I have no clue how one manages this... beyond suggesting to the younger sister that some things are private and other people's bodies and habits shouldn't be discussed without advance permission.
Biologically, the breasts will increase in size during arousal. Once, I saw a documentary on cable back when cable channels actually stuck to their names (that was a long, long, long, llllloooooonnnnng time ago). It was about the amazing mechanics of the body when it came to reproduction. It showed the swelling of the breasts as it happened. The human body is awesome.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

It's always been my experience that there is a non-gender specific reality to the Ballpark Franks slogan;

"They Plump when you Cook 'Em...
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

kingklash wrote: The human body is awesome.

Especially, in my sexist opinion, the female body.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Catawampus wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:. . .some kind of brony (and hence incomprehensible) reference. . .
I'm starting to think that I need to go out and start watching the show just so I'll have an idea of what people are talking about these days. It seems to be everywhere.
Here's a guide to most of the more popular brony in-jokes that might not necessarily be explained by simply watching the show.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Yes. Do it. Join us and become one with the herd. Image
One of the most awkward things about when I decided to join normal civilised human society was that I was an adult who had absolutely zero knowledge about the popular culture of everyone else in my age group. Most people don't realise just how much in everyday conversation is based on knowledge of specific books or movies or whatever. So one of the first things I had to do was take a crash-course on pop culture: I did things such as watched all of Star Trek (even the animated series) and Star Trek: The Next Generation, went through the previous half century's top charting music lists and listened to each song, and so on. Right now I'm in the midst of learning about comic books; I'm hardly an expert on them yet, but at least I won't cause aneurysms by asking, "So, when is Marvel studios going to release a new Superman movie?". . .or at least, not do so by accident. . .

That one scene in the start of the latest Captain America movie, with his little notebook, was very familiar to me.

I suppose I'll go ahead and add My Little Pony to the list.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Yes. Do it. Join us and become one with the herd.
Well, I watched it. Not bad, though it does present some rather strange political and sociological questions about Equestria.
shadowinthelight

Catawampus wrote:Well, I watched it. Not bad, though it does present some rather strange political and sociological questions about Equestria.
Yes, Equestria lucked out to have gotten such a benevolent dictator in Celestia.