Stay Calm 2014-04-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Stay Calm 2014-04-25

Post by Fairportfan »

Atsali: Mom - set one less place for dinner. And I made the salad.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

KnightDelight wrote:Nature red in tooth and claw. And the full magnitude of the burden of this adoption becomes apparent to Katherine. Calling golem/Jaguar Girl/Sphinx/Bia would indeed be a good move right now, but can Kath do it fast enough (and one react and arrive quickly enough) to stop two fast moving paranormals? Probably not before they are already into each other. Castella is bound to get some pruning and Atsali will probably get a few deep thorn cuts before anyone poits in. One assumes both have paranormal healing powers so no lasting damage. Still, Kath may try to interfere, resulting in bad injuries which may stop the fight quickly and lead to a pack to never do it again. Surely there is already a plan in place for this eventuality.
I think the family is going to have to settle this themselves. I am pretty sure Kathy can handle them and he initial statement was an attempt to calm Sali down before she lost it. Kathy actually heals real fast after all. I suspect a bucket of cold water would work best on these two. Sali wouldn't be able to fly that well and Castella probably wouldn't be able to hold he shape that easily either. When Castella gets unwound she cannot move very well as we've seen.

I think we can be pretty sure the house is made of sturdy materials, or at least we can hope it is.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Houston, we have a problem...

Why do I get the feeling that we're going to find out another side of Kath? She's one of the more normal entities of Wapsi Square... beside the fact that she's a conglomeration of Ethetian infantile mind-sets, what are the chances that she has some strange, as yet to be discovered power? Kath is a fiercely protective mama bear... She'll step in between Atsali and Castela... trouble is... how will she survive it? The MiB knows what Atsali is and the known dangers. What method of controlling that have they given Kath?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:Hmmm -- this is not Wile E. Coyote vs Road Runner, it's Atsali Wolf Siren vs Tasmanian Vine Devil!
Between the talons, teeth, horns, and thorns, I have a feeling that the household's supply of Bandaids and gauze might be sadly depleted in the next little while.
Film at eleven (allowing for survivors).
The film soundtrack CD by Bette Midler will be on sale in the lobby: "The De-vined Miss M"
zachariah wrote:I suspect a bucket of cold water would work best on these two. Sali wouldn't be able to fly that well and Castella probably wouldn't be able to hold her shape that easily either.
Cold water could certainly startle them out of their tussle.

However... Castela might not really be affected (plants get rained on all the time without it affecting their shape very much) and she might even be strengthened by it.

As for Atsali... ever hear the phrase "madder than a wet hen"?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

This is Pablo we're talking about.

Kath could have something for just such an emergency, either given her by the Library or by MIB, that diffuses such a situation.

And in case you didn't notice, they returned home with a VORP, not a "Poit". Kath may have had a portal installed in her apartment.

Or she knows enough glyph language to "create" a portal...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Maybe we will get to see Oscar save the day!
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I still say beware of poison thorny bites....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
as363

Post by as363 »

Well - we have 2 days now to see who comes up with the right answer - should be interesting to say the least. I gave up trying to second guess Mr.P. I know the total of my posts are small - but this is the second time around - due to a computer change a couple of years back - and other problems . Oh well - (Time for Dean Martins' song - What will be will be)
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I am going to go out on a limb a limb and say we are going to see a display of "Mommy Voice (+6)".
Capable of freezing errant offspring in their tracks at 500 meters, reducing 300 kilo hulking brutes to blubbering babes, and stopping childish behavior in nano seconds.
I believe Katherine has already shown this ability as developing earlier with Atsali and it should be quite mature by now. And since both targets seem to display normal youthful attitudes beneath their paranormal exteriors they should be very susceptible to it.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Timotheus wrote:I am going to go out on a limb a limb and say we are going to see a display of "Mommy Voice (+6)".
Capable of freezing errant offspring in their tracks at 500 meters, reducing 300 kilo hulking brutes to blubbering babes, and stopping childish behavior in nano seconds.
Mr. Cosby did a very good description of this amazing phenomenon - see here at just around the 2:00 point.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I think Kath's voice bubble confirms that she's aware of the girls dark sides. It would be criminal to let her have them without telling her about such things. And I don't think that they would have let her have them without knowing she could handle it.
Go Mom.

And - 'Air Raid Sirens' my next all girl 'Rock Band Unplugged' band...

And, because it made me curious, an air raid siren.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I dunno. I don't really see much difference between Atsali and any teenage girl who just found out her little sister has been snooping in her diary. Seems to me they all react like that. Maybe without the wings, but the teeth and claws? Oh yeah!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Atsali has said that she isn't built for running. I wonder how well she's built for pummeling and rampaging, then?

And this form seems to be more human than her other less-than-entirely-human form; it looks as though she has normalish humanish legs still.
DilyV wrote:What method of controlling that have they given Kath?
So, you think that they've given her the key to police sirens?
sheik

Post by sheik »

Catawampus wrote:Atsali has said that she isn't built for running. I wonder how well she's built for pummeling and rampaging, then?

And this form seems to be more human than her other less-than-entirely-human form; it looks as though she has normalish humanish legs still.
I think a good bullhorn would be sufficient.
If it really got bad something quieter would need to be used...jacking a shell into a pump shotgun.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:Atsali has said that she isn't built for running. I wonder how well she's built for pummeling and rampaging, then?

hss
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

sheik wrote:
Catawampus wrote:So, you think that they've given her the key to police sirens?
If it really got bad something quieter would need to be used...jacking a shell into a pump shotgun.
Umm - i think you missed something there...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
sheik wrote:
Catawampus wrote:So, you think that they've given her the key to police sirens?
Umm - i think you missed something there...
"Verbing weirds language." (Calvin)
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

<tangent>Since today's offering implies "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting." perhaps we can suggest that somebody's sister would sure look cute in braces and boots?</tangent>
(Oh, and please remember that the British use of braces would be as clothing accessories rather than orthodontic.)
Aed

Post by Aed »

Prester Fred wrote:Dude, would you please stop yelling? You're giving me a headache...
Mea culpa. The size of the post is adjusted to normal now. I have always associated ALL CAPS as the text equivalent of shouting and large print as a method for us with poorer eyesight to read the posts with a bit more ease. Objection noted.
Aed

Post by Aed »

jwhouk wrote:Dude, you don't need the

Code: Select all

[size=150]
markup in your posts. If you need it to see, use the zoom feature of your browser.
Objection noted. Post corrected. Thank you for the suggestion.