Aunt Tina 2014-04-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Aunt Tina 2014-04-08

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:How do you get the screeching sound effect on sand in stocking feet?!
Same way Burt Reynolds films get tire screeching on dirt roads.

Foley.
Foley... Kath and her ...

Nah. As you say, Fairportfan, that's so not a place to go with this. although I suspect I just did.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:"The owls are not what they seem."
+1, and :lol: :lol:

^^This^^
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:How do you get the screeching sound effect on sand in stocking feet?!
Same way Burt Reynolds films get tire screeching on dirt roads.

Foley.
I'd always known Dave Foley was an excellent screen/stage actor, but only recently have I learned that he is indeed a fine voice actor - most notably (to me, anyhow) he's the voice of extra-helpful robot Yes Man in Fallout: New Vegas. I'll have to look around for his work as Tires Screeching On Dirt Road.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

er actually his name is jack.... :mrgreen: and he most likely has extended family out there... :)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My favourite "foley" work were a couple of things done for radio - i think both were done for the program Inner Sanctum (i know one was).

For a fantasy/horror story. The line in the script was "Oh my god - it's turning him inside out!"

Take a motorcycle inner tube. Cut it. Run a rope up the inside, tie it to the far end. Dip it in water. "Oh my god - it's turning him inside out!" *Schwirrrpppppp...*

Other one might have been from I Love a Mystery*. The protagonists were underground - possibly fleeing enemies, or perhaps trapped by a cave-in and looking for another way out.

They come to a cavern they have to cross, anyway.

Holding up a torch, they realise that the cavern floor is covered with thousands, maybe millions of huge spiders. But they have to go on.

Fifty pounds of seedless green grapes later, they cross the cavern and find their way to safety.

============

* I Love a Mystery featured three main characters, Jack, Doc and Reggie, three Indiana Jones-types. Reggie was a teenager. He was played by the teen-age Tony Randall...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

illiad wrote:er actually his name is jack.... :mrgreen: and he most likely has extended family out there... :)
I'll just pretend you got my joke & are playing along.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

well I dont know that actor/ comedian over in UK, so I did not get it.. I thought most in USA knew Jack, though... If you dont know Jack, well, you wont get my subtle reference... :lol: :mrgreen: