That Stuff 2014-03-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: That Stuff 2014-03-25

Post by lake_wrangler »

zachariah wrote:She already is a part of the group and the beach life. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cafe-u296/ Here she is with most of them. So bringing her here is not a new thing.
Oops... I forgot about that one. Too much on my mind, I guess...

Still, they may have been planning this for a while, and she was merely the last one invited, chronologically, which would have turned out good for Tina, seeing the context of her dream. That, or Monica figured if Tina needs a break and needs to talk, maybe the others need to do so as well, and planned from there.

Don't mind me, I have no idea what I'm talking about... Any room left in the confusion corner?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Now, if there's anyone for Atsali to speak to about one's looks, and real problems they may cause, it's Medusa's sister, maybe even Medusa herself.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

lake_wrangler wrote:
zachariah wrote:She already is a part of the group and the beach life. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/cafe-u296/ Here she is with most of them. So bringing her here is not a new thing.
Oops... I forgot about that one. Too much on my mind, I guess...

Still, they may have been planning this for a while, and she was merely the last one invited, chronologically, which would have turned out good for Tina, seeing the context of her dream. That, or Monica figured if Tina needs a break and needs to talk, maybe the others need to do so as well, and planned from there.

Don't mind me, I have no idea what I'm talking about... Any room left in the confusion corner?
I don't think they was any planning about Tina. I think Monica grabbed her and dragged her to the beach. The party may have been planned previously but for a different reason. There are too many people there for a spur of the moment gathering. Especially as I doubt the kids would be allowed to skip school for it by Kathy. So there was a different purpose for this party than Tina. I think the trope is the reason for this arc. Get everyone back in play. Tidy up details. Drop hints on us. Drive some of us crazy going huh? What!? When did that happen!!?? Now wait a minute! I'll be in the corner, whimper.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Uhm, the timing of this party is in the evening, CDT, back in Minneapolis. The island is in morning-time, so it only looks like it's early in the day.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

jwhouk wrote:Uhm, the timing of this party is in the evening, CDT, back in Minneapolis. The island is in morning-time, so it only looks like it's early in the day.
Time zones differences can be real useful when you can tele-port/wormhole anywhere on the globe.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

zachariah wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:[...]
Still, they may have been planning this for a while, and she was merely the last one invited, chronologically, which would have turned out good for Tina, seeing the context of her dream.
[...]
I don't think they was any planning about Tina. I think Monica grabbed her and dragged her to the beach. The party may have been planned previously but for a different reason. There are too many people there for a spur of the moment gathering. Especially as I doubt the kids would be allowed to skip school for it by Kathy. So there was a different purpose for this party than Tina.
Glad to see I just might not be completely crazy, after all... ;)
zachariah wrote:I think the trope is the reason for this arc. Get everyone back in play. Tidy up details. Drop hints on us. Drive some of us crazy going huh? What!? When did that happen!!?? Now wait a minute! I'll be in the corner, whimper.
That would make sense... therefore, it most probably is not the case, right? :P
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

lake_wrangler wrote:
zachariah wrote:I think the trope is the reason for this arc. Get everyone back in play. Tidy up details. Drop hints on us. Drive some of us crazy going huh? What!? When did that happen!!?? Now wait a minute! I'll be in the corner, whimper.
Got it in one. Paul enjoys leading us down one path, then yanking the rug out from under our feet, and then letting us pratt-fall on our faces. But we know this is going to happen so it isn't as painful anymore. Nr are we embarrassed by being wrong either! We will proudly proclaim ur best guess anyway right!?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

zachariah wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Got it in one. Paul enjoys leading us down one path, then yanking the rug out from under our feet, and then letting us pratt-fall on our faces. But we know this is going to happen so it isn't as painful anymore. Nr are we embarrassed by being wrong either! We will proudly proclaim ur best guess anyway right!?
Do you have egg on your face? GOOD! Wear it proudly, and make it a costume party!
:mrgreen:
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"Prat-fall on our faces"?

Difficult, as the prat is anatomically opposite the face...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:"Prat-fall on our faces"?

Difficult, as the prat is anatomically opposite the face...
Especially the way agent Pratt is built. :twisted:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Personally, I likely wouldn't complain if Pratt fell on MY face but I'd rather she fall into my lap. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)