Plumb Near 2014-03-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Plumb Near 2014-03-10

Post by zachariah »

davids4250 wrote:If Euryale gave me a hug like panel 1, I would not have the same expression that Connie does! Maybe just as stunned, but with a BIG grin!

edit: Still love the drunk snakes.
That is not stunned. That is terror. Connie is thinking "I NEVER want to do that again! I need to go take a bath! Drunk snake breath, gross."
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

Ah yes, Bia, excellent way to begin to heal things with your daughter: Sic a drunken, hug crazed Gorgon on her. THAT will warm her up to you! :roll:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Euri is right about Connie. She does need three shots of something stronger than lemonade. Moonshine would be my suggestion. Not only would Connie be feeling no pain but she might even be able to breath fire afterwards.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

So am I the only one who's wondering what happens when a gorgon gets drunk?

(Note: Connie is shivering. This may mean something.)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Euri is right about Connie. She does need three shots of something stronger than lemonade. Moonshine would be my suggestion. Not only would Connie be feeling no pain but she might even be able to breath fire afterwards.
Kaoliang, definitely. "The world's finest paint remover, and worst liquor."
Professor Marvel

Post by Professor Marvel »

This sequence is plumb hilarious; I mean a voluptuous drunken Gorgon giving free hugs to everyone whether they want them or not. I'd let Euri hug me for as long as she liked, keeping my eyes closed of course. You'd want to play motor boat with her too; y'know 'wubba, wubba, wubba'. ;)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

The funny thing is, If Bia jumped down in the hole, she totally trapped herself. If Euryale jumps down in the hole with her, where could she possibly go?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

jwhouk wrote:So am I the only one who's wondering what happens when a gorgon gets drunk?

(Note: Connie is shivering. This may mean something.)
I think it means she's really not a hugger.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

zachariah wrote:Not quite.
  • Shelly
    Bia
    Phix
    ---?
    ---?
    Bia (again)
This would be the connection. Of course this is assuming that BIA is actually telling the truth about that. I have my doubts that she was. While she has been trying to create a successful Sphinx/Titan race and she has tried before I doubt she tried with an older line of hers. This line pretty clearly is defined as Phix, Shelly's Dad and Bia, It is the connection to Phix that allowed her to succeed and probably Phix as well. There are no indications either that she has tried earlier in this loop to create her new titan. She could easily have been doing this every loop as a step in preparing for things when the calendar loop was finally fixed. What ever Bia wants to accomplish she is going to do it after the Calendar is no longer a problem. This meeting is probably going to be where Bia reveals what her goal is.
Mmm -- from here, Bia is Shelly's Great Grand Mother, so...
  • Shelly = F- Shelly's Dad, M - Bia (disguised)
    Shelly's Dad = F - Somebody visiting Library, M - Phix (GM to Shel)
    Somebody = F - Somebody Else from somewhere else, M - Bia (GGM to Shel)
So if I'm following this right, Bia is in Shelly's line both as mother and in her fathers linage as well.

Don't have time for a full archive crawl, but I think most of this came out when Bia first visited the Library, Nudge forced the reveal, and Phix clocked Bia. Happy hunting.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:mm -- from here, Bia is Shelly's Great Grand Mother, so...
We don't yet know whether Bia was telling the truth here, or whether she's simply being consistent with a lie she may have told earlier (when she told Shelly she's not Shelly's mother but is her ancestor).

Assuming that what Young Bia just told Tina (that she's Tina's great grandmother) is true, it does confirm that Bia has been doing multiple breeding experiments during the most recent CM cycle. If that's the case, then Shelly's grandmother or grandfather could have been one of Bia's previous attempts to bear an "effective" descendant... and when that didn't work out Bia decided to try the trick of cross-breeding some sphinx genes into the same bloodline.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

This time around was also the first time for Tina being a "Rats running the ship" situation. Previous cycles may have seen Tina in more central roles, she had the key and seemed to be Jin's right hand gal at times.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

By personal experience, there are certain people that not only will hug you whether or not you want it, but you will stay hugged for days afterward. Euryale is one of those people. Lord help us all if her sisters hug the same way.

Connie better make up for her Dragon Uppercut by getting Bia out of the impact crater before the Gorgeous Gorgon comes back. The squeezy-squeezy might not be something she would wish on her worst enemy.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Also, they should careful about getting an elemental drunk, and exposing her to gorgon hugs, as that may be prosecutable.

Any judge would throw the book at them, since it patently shocks the conscience.

PunPal has charged me for an electric dancing Tepoztecal.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

eee wrote:Ah yes, Bia, excellent way to begin to heal things with your daughter: Sic a drunken, hug crazed Gorgon on her. THAT will warm her up to you! :roll:
That's Connie, not Bia
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Bia is in the hole. She just sicced Euryale on Shelly, who is looking terified right now, I suspect.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Timotheus wrote:This time around was also the first time for Tina being a "Rats running the ship" situation. Previous cycles may have seen Tina in more central roles, she had the key and seemed to be Jin's right hand gal at times.
Just as this is the only timeline with Shelly being the daughter of Phix's son and Bia it is likely that this Tina is the only one a well. Bia did not seem to experiment in the other timelines since they were all dead ends and she knew that from Shelly in the Time Forest. I know that in Temporal Mechanics it is a predestination paradox but what can you do?
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Love Connie's expression; Oh The Horror! The Horror!! I believe this is one case in which a "person" could literally throw bleach in her eyes and brain in an attempt to expunge the experience from memory. I can just see her opening the top of her skull to pour it in. Even take out her eyeballs to soak them in the bleach. Or maybe a reaction from her brain itself?

Borrowing a gag from an earlier comic: http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p425 ... fd71d1.jpg
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Sidhekin wrote:Well, the certainly recognized "Ceto's little girl": http://wapsisquare.com/comic/space-to-think/

The hug-avoidance seems more situational though; she wasn't too concerned at the time. Then again, Euryale wasn't drunk at the time ...
Forgot about.

As for hug avoidance, Bia was also bigger than than Euryale at the time. I don't think Euryale is the type to overlook an opportunity like this.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.