A Liquor Filled Kiss 2014-03-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: A Liquor Filled Kiss 2014-03-07

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:I really want to know what's in that keg Nudge brought. Not sure I would dare drink any, though...
.....Or try to light a fire or smoke around it....
Either nectar or Tepoz's Special Blend...

Dave wrote:They're all mostly great characters, these ladies, but they do seem to be hard on the local real estate at times. Collectively, they've probably caused as much beach erosion as global warming has! :)

A trickster-powered Molotov cocktail would just be adding injury to injury.
"Ixnay on the eathday eatsthray." ;)
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Yamara wrote:
Dave wrote:I really want to know what's in that keg Nudge brought. Not sure I would dare drink any, though...
Either nectar or Tepoz's Special Blend...
Or Tepoz himself, creating random drinks as he sees fit. "Hmmm, I think that I'll try giving the Gorgon a pint of Guinness. . .but I'll make it 160-proof."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

You know this suonds like a series of moves from the WPWF, Wapsi Paranormal Wrestling Federation.

In this corner weighing in at 186 lb is our very favorite Lady of destruction, Blazing Bud. Sudden death to mountains, beaches, and golf balls. In the other corner is our least favorite Bad Girl of the Beach, Weighing in at 68lbs, Count Down Connie. Capable of reducing Titians to tears in 30 seconds. You don't dare cross this bad girl. So let's get ready to CRUMBLE......
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Bud may be a clay golem, but I don't think she weighs any 186 lbs. That much weight on her thin, tiny frame would be noticeable.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

davids4250 wrote:Bud may be a clay golem, but I don't think she weighs any 186 lbs. That much weight on her thin, tiny frame would be noticeable.
She started as clay but the kiln turned her into something else. The flesh is an illusion. If she didn't have more weight she would not be able to manage her strength as well. She picks up a car and falls over when the weigth ruins her balance. 186 may be wrong but she is not light weight.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Just remember, at all times and places in the paranormal world of literary and artistic realities, you are dealing with the physics of convenience. Mass, thermodynamics, and structural integrity be danged!
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I just realized, this was a Friday Cliff Hanger.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Opus the Poet wrote:I just realized, this was a Friday Cliff Hanger.
Well, I hope Connie doesn't need to inhale before Monday....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...the tipsydoodle snakeheads are hilarious. :)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Bud may be a clay golem, but I don't think she weighs any 186 lbs. That much weight on her thin, tiny frame would be noticeable.
She started as clay but the kiln turned her into something else. The flesh is an illusion. If she didn't have more weight she would not be able to manage her strength as well. She picks up a car and falls over when the weigth ruins her balance. 186 may be wrong but she is not light weight.
That depends on how she works.

At her power level she is unlikely to be able to depend on balance and leverage at all. For example -- just think about the forces involved in accelerating the remains of the calendar machine to 1/3 c in a couple of feet -- (http://wapsisquare.com/comic/sonic-boom/). It might be more accurate think of it as Bud is instinctively flying in formation with the planet, and she can easily counter balance any force she cares too. If she thought about it she could probably fly, it just probably has never occurred to her yet. Remember, the girls were barely self aware much of the time, and their activities, both mental and physical, restricted much of the rest. The ‘gods’ didn’t want them experimenting and maybe (accidently or otherwise) finding a way to get out of their control.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Opus the Poet wrote:I just realized, this was a Friday Cliff Hugger.
Fixed that for you...:P
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DinkyInky wrote:
Does this mean she will be hug over the next morning?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

lake_wrangler wrote:While I don't see any particular reason to have a new character dropped in all of a sudden, particularly since they are among friends, it is not impossible that Euryale might have had a visit from her sister, and asked her to tag along to this island party/intervention.
Assuming that Medusa is even still around. Of the three Gorgon sisters, Medusa was supposed to be (according to mythology, at least) the one who was not an immortal. So even if she and Perseus did manage to work a scam on Athena, she still might not have been around for many years afterward. All mentions of her in this comic have used past tense, too.

Or she might just be keeping a low profile somewhere, after all of the bad PR.
. . .the skin is freckled (though we've seen freckles and other skin markings come and go from one day to the next). . .
I was thinking that that was sand that had been thrown about due to the various beach-destroying activities going on. Connie seems to have similar on her at the moment, too, after all.

Given that we've seen Euryale sport some rather impressive fingernails on occasion, would that make her Sandy Claws?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

zachariah wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Does this mean she will be hug over the next morning?
With Euryale, the hugs are never over. They're merely temporarily interrupted until she can pick up where she left off picking you up.
Radical_Knight

Post by Radical_Knight »

HAH!!! The serpents are even buzzed!
Memories die hard long after reality has turned to dust.
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Did we ever learn why Euryale sounds like she just stepped out of a Georgia peach orchard?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Where do you reckon she learned English?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

starkruzr wrote:Did we ever learn why Euryale sounds like she just stepped out of a Georgia peach orchard?
Texas, actually.

Why does Phix sound like she learnt her English from British soldiers in Egypt?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Fairportfan wrote:Why does Phix sound like she learnt her English from British soldiers in Egypt?
Easy. She learned from her Mummy. *badum tsh*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

lake_wrangler wrote:Umm... not to be nit-picky, but... where are Connie's arms? :?
Her forearms, to be precise. Are the radius and ulna still separately visible or did the middle get filled in? Because that skeletal look was seriously creepy.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.